Chapter 13

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, Donghae worked like usual. As usual, every morning, Donghae’s secretary, Park Jiyeon, would inform him about his schedules for that day and Donghae listened to her attentively.

“What about tomorrow? Is there any important meeting I need to attend?” Donghae asked after Jiyeon seemed to have come into conclusion.

“For tomorrow...” she checked on her notebook. “…Nope. You don’t have any important meetings,” she replied.

“Then can you please clear out my schedules from morning until lunch for tomorrow?”

“Sure. But, may I know why?”

Donghae was silent for a moment before he replied, “I have some personal matter to handle.”

“Oh, I see. Is there anything else you wanna add, sir?”

“Hmm…nope. Thank you. You can go now,” Donghae flashed a small smile and was about to continue doing his work when suddenly she voiced.

“Sajangnim…”

Donghae looked up at her with a raised eyebrow. “Yes?”

“Who would you have lunch with for today?” she asked rather sheepishly.

“I’m not sure yet. Why?”

“Well…uhm…can I have lunch with you for today?” she asked shyly.

“Hmm…” Donghae contemplated for a bit. “I don’t have any problem with it but don’t you usually go out to lunch with Yuri?”

“Oh, Yuri is absent today. She told me she’s having a fever. She told me to tell you about it,” Jiyeon said, already feeling happy with Donghae’s answer.

“Ahh…Okay.” Donghae nodded.

“You really don’t mind?” A bright smile already plastered on her face.

“Of course no,” he smiled.

Jiyeon bit her lower lip, preventing her smile from going wider. “Thank you sajangnim. This is why I really love you,” she grinned meanwhile Donghae laughed at her words, not taking it seriously.

“Alright. See you later,” he said with a smile.

With that, Jiyeon excused herself to leave and left Donghae’s office with the widest smile she ever had.

“Are you ready, Jiyeon sshi?” Donghae said right after coming out from his office room.

Jiyeon immediately sprang up from her seat and grinned widely. “Neh, sajangnim!” she chirped, clumsily getting ready with her handbag.

“Let’s go,” Donghae said as he started to walk ahead while Jiyeon followed closely behind him, still with a bright smile plastering on her lips. As they were walking together, the staff that passed by them didn’t get suspicious as they were already used to seeing the boss and the secretary walking together.

“Where do you want to eat?” Donghae asked when they were walking out of the building as they made their way to his car that was parked nearby the building.

“I don’t mind,” she said rather shyly. “Ouch!” she yelped when she found herself almost falling and fortunately she managed to get a grip of Donghae’s arm.

“Are you okay?” Donghae asked in concern as they halted their steps.

“Yeah, I’m okay,” she answered and slowly started walking along with him, her hand still slung on Donghae’s arm. She smirked at where her hand was.

“Be careful,” Donghae managed to say and opened the car door for her as she got inside it while biting her lower lip hard to prevent a wide smile from forming on her lips. Believe it or not, this was the first time he opened the car door for her. They often went out to outdoor meetings together with his car and he had never opened the car door for her like how he did for her today and that made her feel extremely happy.

Once they arrived at some restaurant, they took a seat at one of the tables and started ordering their food to the waitress there. It didn’t take that long for their food to arrive as they directly started eating.

“Sajangnim, actually I have something to tell you,” Jiyeon clarified.

“What is it?” he raised his eyebrows.

“Ever since you started becoming the chairman of the company, I found myself really adoring you. From your professionalism, your attitude towards your staff until your skills in handling clients, I really adore that. And I really respect how you easily smile and are friendly with your staff, not being arrogant like most chairmen of big companies do. You’re really my idol.”

“Wow, I didn’t expect that,” he chuckled a little at her sudden compliment.

“I know, right?” she chuckled too. “Since you are my idol, I always wonder to myself how it will be to become close with you, being friends with you and….honestly, I really want to be friends with you,” she said, nervously waiting for his response.

Donghae contemplated over what she just said. After a while, he spoke, “To be honest, I really don’t mind being friends with anyone, whether they are my staff or not. I love making friends actually.”

Jiyeon discreetly smirked upon hearing his words. Her plan almost succeeded.

Donghae then continued, “But of course you have to know how to be professional. My rule is simple. We can be friends, but in the office I’m still your boss and you’re still my secretary. That’s what you have to remember.”

“Neh. I understand,” she beamed widely. “So…are we friends now?” she asked.

Donghae smiled and nodded. He continued eating meanwhile Jiyeon discreetly smirked as one of her evil plans succeeded.

“So since we’re friends now, can I ask you something?” she asked.

“Sure,” he briefly replied as he ate.

“If you don’t mind, may I know what personal matter of you that you want me to free out of your schedules for tomorrow?” she asked rather cautiously, kinda afraid that the latter would think she was a busybody—in which, she was, indeed.

“Well, it’s nothing. I plan to bring my wife for a checkup tomorrow,” he informed casually.

“Why? Is she sick?” she asked curiously. If she was right, then she hoped his wife had some cancer with stage 4 and would die very soon so that it would be easy for her to make Donghae as hers.

“No, she’s pregnant,” Donghae simply replied.

“WHAT?” Jiyeon looked obviously very shocked at what she just heard from Donghae’s mouth.

Donghae raised his eyebrows at Jiyeon’s reaction. “You’re that shocked?” he asked, not expecting her reaction to be that extra.

“Well, a-aren’t you and your wife…” she paused when she realized what she was about to say.

A small frown appeared on Donghae’s forehead at her incomplete words. “Me and my wife what?”

Jiyeon remained silent and froze in her seat. “Uhh nothing,” she replied. She thought her answer would be enough to save her from the situation but when she saw Donghae narrowing his eyes at her, silently demanding her to answer, she didn’t have any option but to let it out.

“Well, I notice you’ve changed after you got married. You’ve changed not in a positive way, but in a negative way. So I thought you have a problem with your wife or something,” Jiyeon said, looking down on her food, rather scared to meet his eyes.

Silence filled the atmosphere afterwards. Donghae stared at her almost sharply while Jiyeon never looked up at him after seeing the way he looked at her.

“I admit that we had a problem. But that doesn’t mean when we fought, she can’t get pregnant,” he clarified. There was no way he would tell his secretary the truth about his relationship with his wife.

“Well…” she shrugged off her shoulder. “I’m sorry,” she half-heartedly apologized. She was not in the mood now after knowing that Donghae’s wife was pregnant. She was just about to celebrate her victory for her successful plan for today but the news that she just found out only ruined it all. The chance that she almost got now had been lost just like that.

Well, maybe not yet.

That night, when Donghae was having dinner like usual with his wife in the house, he decided to inform her what he had been planning for them for tomorrow.

“Yoora sshi…” he called out and at the same time he couldn’t believe himself that he called her in a formal way, unlike how they were before where they would call each other with sweet names. He suddenly missed those moments. After the crisis they had had together before, their long-time friendship as well as marriage seemed to be forgotten just like that and now he felt like he was just starting to get to know his wife all over back.

“Neh?” Yoora stopped eating and looked up at her husband.

“Uhh...” He was contemplating on how to talk about this matter to her. He knew it was just too sudden. The idea suddenly came across his mind that morning. “Shall…shall we do a checkup for the baby tomorrow?” he asked.

She blinked. “Checkup? Hmm…why so sudden?” she questioned.

“Well…you never did a checkup for the baby, right? Don’t you feel curious about how well your baby has grown up, what your baby is doing in there? Don’t you feel curious about it?” he spoke.

“I do but…I don’t think I need it. Moreover, it’s too late. It’s already been six months,” she said.

“Hey, of course you need it. You need to see your baby’s development, you know. And it’s better late than never, isn’t it?” he convinced softly.

Yoora was silent, her lips unconsciously forming into a pout. “But… I don’t feel like going though. I will be all alone and pregnant women there would surely have their husband accompanying them and if they see me alone, they will think I’m a single mother and I don’t like that,” she grumbled in a breath, pouting more as she imagined what she was saying.

“Who said you’ll go alone?” Donghae felt amused at her words as well as her pout.

Yoora looked up at him, still with her pouty lips, but she didn’t say anything.

Donghae held himself back from smiling widely upon seeing her cutely pouting.

“You won’t go alone, jagiya. I’ll accompany you,” he finally let out his smile, not realizing what he just called her.

Yoora’s eyes sparkled and her heart fluttered upon hearing him calling her ‘jagiya’, the sweet name he had always called her during the first week of their marriage back then. God knows how much she missed to hear that from him again and she didn’t expect to hear it again today. “R-Really?” she rather shyly rep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter