Chapter 18

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the days of their honeymoon went beautifully well. There were no longer calls from Yoora’s ex-boyfriend, Ryan, since she decided to turn off her phone the whole week throughout their honeymoon together. With the remaining days of their honeymoon, they spent their time together at places in Jeju that they hadn’t gone to yet. They also didn’t forget to try out a lot of popular and delicious foods in Jeju and were satisfied with most of the restaurants that they had tried at.

After a week being in Jeju, they finally flew back to Seoul, already missing their home sweet home and their maid, Auntie Ha. The next day, they did their life routine as usual with a more peaceful heart.

A week later…

“Oppa, aren’t you sleepy?” Yoora asked as she yawned sleepily.

“Not yet,” Donghae replied, tearing his gaze away from the television which was displaying his favourite movie to his wife. “Are you sleepy already?”

“Neh. Can I go to sleep first?”

“Sure. I’ll join you after this movie ended,” Donghae said with a smile as Yoora carefully got off the couch. Donghae helped her standing up and led her until they reached their bedroom upstairs to make sure her safety. After he sent her off to the bedroom, he went back downstairs and continued to watch the movie.

Not long after that, his phone rang. He took his phone from the coffee table in front of him and his eyebrows creased when he found out who the caller was. It was his secretary, Jiyeon. He stared at his phone screen for a while, pondering as to why she called him, as she had never called him after office hours before. After a while contemplating, he finally answered the call.

“Hello?”

“D-Donghae sshi…”

Donghae furrowed his eyebrows when he heard her voice sound like she was crying.

“Neh, Jiyeon sshi…” he responded.

“Donghae sshi… H-Help me…”

“Why? What happened?” he asked in concern.

“There’s a thief breaking into my house. I’m s-scared," she said with a trembling voice.

“What? Have you called the police?”

“N-No. I-I’m scared. Can you...c-come here?”

Donghae was silent.

"Please...I'm scared," she begged while crying. "I-I'll give you my address. Please..." she continued with a hint of desperation and before Donghae could reply, she already ended the phone call.

Donghae stared at his phone. He was contemplating whether he should come over to her house or not. After a moment,his phone beeped, signaling that he just received a text. He quickly opened it to see it was from Jiyeon and the text she sent contained her home address.

Donghae rushed into the unfamiliar apartment building and to the level 9 as stated in the text sent by Jiyeon. He went through the hallway and an opened door caught his attention as he immediately made his way towards it. Once he reached it, he referred to the text Jiyeon had sent and found out later that the apartment in front of him right now was Jiyeon’s.

From outside, he could hear only silence. He then carefully went inside the apartment to see the house was in a mess – it looked like someone had just rummaged through the whole house. He slowly walked fur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter