Chapter 12

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you two have any plans tonight?" Donghae's mom asked through the phone call.

"Nope."

"Good then. We plan to visit you guys tonight. Mom and dad along with Yoora's parents. We can have dinner together too."

As soon as the phone call ended, Donghae fell into a daze.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Yoora asked curiously.

"Yoora ah, we have a problem," Donghae spoke instead of answering her question.

"Problem?" she blinked in confusion.

"Yes, problem. Our parents are coming over tonight.”

"What?" she asked in shock. "R-Really?" She didn't know if she should be happy or worry about this. Maybe both?

"Yes. I got a call from my mom earlier and she told me about it."

Yoora was stunned in her position. "Oppa, what should we do? They don't know that I'm...pregnant," she said in a tad fear.

Donghae fell silent. That was what he was worried about from the beginning. The elders would surely be shocked and probably would get mad for not telling them about Yoora's pregnancy. And the most important thing was, what would they think if they knew Yoora had been pregnant longer than them getting married?

"The most important thing is we shouldn't tell them the truth about how many months you’ve been pregnant right now," Donghae stated. "And let's just say the baby is ours. Both of us. Alright?" he added.

Yoora was merely silent upon hearing that as she flickered her gaze down on the floor. Donghae, who was staring at her and was waiting for her response, was flustered when he saw tears one by one slowly trickling down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, oppa. This is all because of me," she said. She felt so guilty especially when Donghae decided to tell their parents that the baby was his just to cover her mistake. She felt bad for him, knowing that he didn't even like the idea himself.

Donghae sighed. "Aniyo. Let's just forget about everything and just focus for tonight alright?" he tried to comfort her but his words only made her cry harder, making him become more flustered. "Don't cry," he said and hesitantly wiped her tears off with his thumb. But he didn't know that his action only made it impossible for her to stop crying. He sighed softly. "Come here." Seeing that she wouldn't stop crying any second by now, he came closer and gently pulled her into his arms. And that only made her sob harder, feeling touched at his care and concern on her who had done such bad things to him. She hugged him back, tighter than ever, sobbing in his chest. She felt very blessed that she could be in his hug again without him being drunk anymore.

The house had been cleaned, the food for dinner was ready and now what they had to do was waiting for the arrival of their parents to the house.

“You look beautiful wearing this dress,” Donghae managed to comment upon seeing his wife wearing one of the maternal dresses that he had bought for her earlier.

Yoora smiled sheepishly at the compliment as she thanked him. If before, it was easy to hear him compliment her, but ever since the incident happened, this was his first time complimenting her. She couldn’t help but feel happy about it. The dress she wore was a pink-colored long maternity dress that she thought the most beautiful among the other dresses Donghae had bought for her.

They were waiting for their parents’ arrival at the living room. And not long after that, the sound of a car entering the garage was heard. With that, Donghae got off the couch to welcome the elders. Yoora nervously followed behind him.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” The elders said as they came into the house with Donghae welcoming them at the door. Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Park came into the house first, followed by their husbands behind.

“Where’s Yoora?” Yoora’s mom, Mrs. Park, asked as soon as she entered the house.

Donghae turned around, thinking that Yoora was behind him. He blinked in confusion when he found no sight of Yoora.

“Oh, maybe she’s in the kitchen,” Donghae replied with a smile.

As the elders got inside the house further, that was when Yoora made an appearance little by little from behind the wall, like a scared kid hiding from her angry parents.

Yoora’s mom had her eyes sparkled the moment her eyes landed on her beloved daughter.

“Yoora ah, why are you standing there?” Yoora’s mom voiced as she approached then immediately pulled her daughter into her arms. “Oh my God, I missed you so much,” the elder said.

“I missed you too, omma. So much,” Yoora said, hugging her mom tighter.

They hugged for a while. That was until Mrs. Park’s smile slowly faded away as she furrowed her eyebrows before she broke off the hug.

“Wait…are you gaining weight or something,” Mrs. Park’s eyes were now on Yoora’s stomach. She eyed her daughter’s stomach carefully before her eyes softened. “Or…are you pregnant?”

The word ‘pregnant’ made everyone there have their attention on Yoora. Their gaze shifted from Yoora’s face to her bulging stomach.

“Y-Yes, omma. I’m pregnant,” Yoora nervously announced with an awkward smile.

Upon hearing that, the elders there had their eyes widened.

“Really?” they said in unison, a smile slowly taking over their lips.

Yoora nodded, looking at her dad and Donghae’s parents as well.

“Omo!” Yoora’s mom cupped with a hand as her other hand was rubbing on her daughter’s bulging stomach softly.

Meanwhile Donghae’s mom who heard the happy news immediately hurried over to Yoora. “Omomomo…” she got excited when she saw her daughter in-law’s baby bump. And later on, the two mothers congratulated her and gave her a hug. Yoora smiled at their reaction as she hugged the elders back but at the same time she felt guilty for the lies that she was going to tell them after this.

Even the two fathers looked happy with the news that they just received.

“Seems like we’ll get a grandchildren soon,” Mr. Lee, Donghae’s father said to Mr. Park, before the two elders patted Donghae in the shoulder. “Congratulations, Donghae ah,” they congratulated him and Donghae merely nodded and smiled awkwardly in response.

Later on, Donghae invited them to have a seat in the living room.

“Why didn’t you guys tell us about Yoora’s pregnancy earlier?” Mrs. Lee asked, looking at both Yoora and Donghae questioningly, still couldn’t get over the news that she just found out.

Donghae and Yoora exchanged looks before Donghae decided to speak. “Uhh…well, we just wanted to surprise you. And see, you guys were surprised, right?”

“I’m still surprised, you know!” Mrs. Park said, hugging her daughter who sat beside her. She then kissed her daughter’s cheek, still unable to contain her happiness. Yoora was sitting in between her mom and dad, the same went to Donghae with his mom and dad.

“So, how long has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter