Chapter 6

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning...

Donghae yawned as he stretched his arms up, eyes still closing. His eyes fluttered open when he heard the sound of shower in the bathroom (inside their bedroom) and only then did he realize that he had gotten married to the most beautiful woman, Park Yoora, and the one in the bathroom was probably her. Then, the event from last night suddenly replayed in his mind like a movie and he couldn’t help himself from blushing. He looked over at his body under the blanket and his cheeks unknowingly turned redder.

“Oppa...I-I think...I love you too.”

“I love you, oppa.”

Those words suddenly echoed in his ear, making him smile like an idiot. She loved him too? Really? It was hard to believe but the night that they had spent together last night was one of the proofs that she was no longer considering her as a best friend but a husband. Her husband. Her touch, her soft gaze, her kisses told him everything; the sincerity.

He looked over at the clock on the wall; 9 a.m. He brought himself up from laying and got off the bed and quickly grabbed his boxer on the floor when he felt his body expose a little bit too much. Walking to the balcony, he pushed the curtain to the sides and opened the sliding door, allowing sunlight and fresh morning air to get into the room. He took in a deep breath, inhaling the fresh morning air.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened and Donghae quickly turned his head over, getting ready to greet his wife a ‘good morning’ but his smile immediately faded away when he noticed her pale face. He rushed towards Yoora who was holding her head as she slowly made her way to the bed. He thought she was showering but he was wrong when she was still wearing the night dress that she had worn last night.

“Jagiya, are you okay?” he asked in concern, wrapping one of his arms around her shoulder so that she wouldn’t fall. She merely nodded in response, weakly. He helped her walk to the bed and lie on it, pulling the blanket over her as he sat on the edge of the bed, watching her worriedly.

“Are you having a headache?” he asked softly, starting to massage her head even before she responded.

She weakly nodded her head. “Oppa, is it okay with you if I sleep some more?” she mumbled tiredly, closing her eyes as he massaged her head.

“Sure,” he replied.

“Thank you,” she murmured and soon drifted off to sleep.

Donghae stopped massaging her head, not wanting to wake her up, as he softly kissed her on the forehead and stared at her sleeping. These days, he found out that she always had a headache. Before they got married, during weekends, he had always asked her to join him jogging at the park nearby their house, but she had always declined. When he asked her why, she would hesitantly tell him that she would usually feel sick every morning. Even her mom did tell him that Yoora would only get out of her bedroom in the afternoon. She never had breakfast with their parents ever since she came back from overseas. He didn’t think of anything at that time. But now that he was facing the situation himself, he felt like there was something off. Something that she kept from everyone including him. But what was it?

His mind was filled with questions but he shrugged it off for now as he decided to take a shower. After doing his morning routine, he got out of the room and went to the kitchen to cook some porridge for Yoora who was still in a deep slumber.

After he was done cooking, he got into the bedroom to look if Yoora had woken up or not. When he found her still sleeping, he didn’t wake her up but instead, laid beside her on the bed. He lied by her side and had one of his arms holding up his head as he stared at her feature admiringly. Once he got tired, he placed his head on the pillow near her shoulder and gently wrapped an arm around her, enjoying being by her side. Before he knew it, he fell asleep.

About 20 minutes later, Yoora finally woke up. She turned her head when she noticed Donghae lying beside her. A small smile immediately climbed over to her lips. She stared down at him lovingly as her hand unknowingly reached up to caress his cheek. The next thing she knew, tears already glistened in her eyes. She blinked back her tears, not wanting to cry in front of him even though she knew he was sleeping.

She didn’t even know why she was crying. She just…felt guilty. Yesterday, she felt incredibly happy that most of the time she barely remembered her problem, about what was awaiting ahead of her. But this morning when she woke up, she realized that she woke up into reality. She felt like she had just woken up from the sweetest dream she had ever had. And the sweet dream was ruined by her usual morning sickness.

Yes.

She was pregnant.

The thought of it causing her tears that were threatening to fall finally slid down her eyes. Realizing that, she quickly wiped it away with her hand.

She looked over to the clock on the wall to see it was 11.15 a.m. Since the headache that she had been feeling earlier had gotten better, she got up sitting and her action somehow woke Donghae up.

“Oh, you’ve woken up,” he stated, getting up as well.

Yoora merely smiled in reply.

“Are you feeling better?” he asked.

“Neh,” she answered.

“What a relief…” he mumbled. “I’ve cooked you porridge.”

“Really? You don’t have to, oppa. It was just a headache.” She was touched at his concern.

“It’s okay. Do you wanna eat now?”

“Hmm…I think I’ll take a shower first,” she flashed him a bright smile.

“Alright. We’ll eat together later,” he smiled back at her as he eyed her until she went into the bathroom. He then headed out of the bedroom as he decided to wait for his wife downstairs.

Ten minutes later, Yoora got out of the bathroom. After putting on her clothes, she walked out of the bedroom and headed to where Donghae probably was; kitchen. Once she arrived at the kitchen, she saw Donghae was sitting at the dining table with two bowls of porridge on the table.

“Oppa~” she cheerfully greeted as she joined him sitting at the dining table, across from him.

“Jagiya~” Donghae smiled brightly when he noticed her and ushered her to eat.

“I’m sorry, oppa. I was supposed to prepare our breakfast, not you,” she said, feeling guilty for not doing her responsibility as a wife. Moreover, it was their first breakfast as husband and wife and she completely ruined it, especially when she realized that it was late enough to have breakfast as it was almost lunch.

“It’s okay. You were sick after all,” Donghae responded. “Come on and eat. And tell me if it’s delicious or not."

“Can you…feed me?” she shyly requested.

Donghae chuckled at her sudden request and quickly moved to sit beside her so that it would be easy for him to feed her. He scooped a spoonful of the chicken porridge and held it in front of Yoora’s mouth in which she gladly opened , accepting the food her husband fed her.

“Whoaa! It’s really delicious!” Yoora looked amazed at Donghae’s cooking skills. It was her first time eating the food made by him.

Donghae grinned at the compliment. “Really?”

“Neh.” Yoora nodded enthusiastically. “I promise, after this, I’ll cook for you,” she added.

“Do you even know how to cook?” Donghae questioned doubtfully, jokingly.

“Hey, don’t look down on me, okay! Just tell me what you want to eat. Korean food? Western food? Chinese food? I can cook all of them,” she said smugly.

“Fine. We’ll see,” Donghae responded with a doubtful look but a smile curved on his lips.

After that, she took turn feeding him too. She wiped the corner of his mouth which got messy with her thumb and ended up cupping his cheeks before placing a sweet kiss on his lips.

Donghae was a little shocked at her action but a shy smile immediately took over his lips. “What was that for?” he asked.

"Well, first, it was as a thank you for making me breakfast today..."

"And second?" Donghae smiled anticipatedly.

"Second, as 'I love you'."

Donghae's smile went wider in an instant upon hearing her saying those three words.

Yoora grinned, her cheeks turning pink. “I love you, oppa. I really mean it last night,” she confessed sincerely.

Donghae felt the happiest upon hearing those three words again from her as he nodded in response. “I know. You’ve shown me that you really meant it last night.” There was a hint of naughtiness in his words and Yoora who could sense it sheepishly hit his chest, blushing madly.

After they were done having their breakfast, they cuddled up on the couch while watching a movie together. But Yoora didn’t pay attention at the movie as she was busy burying her face in his chest, inhaling his manly scent. She was savouring this moment a little bit too much.

Donghae merely smiled at her spoiled action, as he caressed her hair and once in a while placing a kiss on her hair in the middle of paying his attention to the television.

“Jagiya, I’m sorry,” Donghae apologized out of the blue and that made Yoora look up at him questioningly.

“About what?” she asked.

“About our honeymoon. I promise I’ll bring you to our honeymoon next week. You wanna go to Switzerland, right?” he spoke. He had to come back to work tomorrow as there was a very important project needed to be settled down within this week. He didn’t have a choice but to postpone their honeymoon that was supposed to be today.

“It’s okay, oppa. I understand,” she sincerely said. “But with one condition,” she added.

“What is it?” he asked.

“You must come home early.”

“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter