Chapter 10

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiyeon-ah, let’s go for lunch,” Yuri said right after she arrived at Jiyeon’s table.

Jiyeon smirked as she looked up at the latter. “No, no, no~” she moved her finger back and forth as she said that and that got a questioning look from Yuri.

“What?”

“Not today. Today I’m going for lunch with Donghae sajangnim~” she chirped.

Yuri stared at her. “I thought you’ve moved on?” she spoke regarding how Jiyeon talked and smiled when she talked about Donghae. It reminded her the days Donghae hadn’t gotten married yet and Jiyeon would act that way every time she got to have lunch with Donghae because of meetings with clients. Jiyeon had stopped acting that way after Donghae got married though. But now….

Jiyeon merely smirked. “I did. But I think I wanna continue with my feelings back.”

“What?” Yuri looked at her as if she was nuts. “Are you kidding me? Do you need me to remind you that he’s got married?”

“Nope,” Jiyeon simply replied. She was about to speak more when Donghae came out from his office room.

“Let’s go, Jiyeon sshi,” Donghae said with a small smile and looked at Yuri when he noticed her there. “Oh, Yuri-sshi. Do you want to join us for lunch?” he asked friendly.

Yuri opened to answer but Jiyeon was quicker.

“No, no. She told me she’s going for lunch with her boyfriend,” Jiyeon interrupted.

“Wha--?” Yuri stopped when Jiyeon gave her a threatening look.

“Let’s go, sajangnim,” Jiyeon flashed a bright smile at Donghae and sent Yuri a brief glare as she walked passing her.

Yuri looked at Jiyeon incredulously. “What’s with her seriously?” she mumbled to herself, staring at them until they disappeared from her sight. “And how can Donghae sajangnim easily agree to go out to lunch with her without any business matter?"

FLASHBACK

“What should I do for you as a thank you?” Donghae asked after Jiyeon was done massaging his shoulders.

“Well…” Jiyeon’s eyes sparkled as she was thinking about the answer. She couldn’t stop thinking that this was a big opportunity for her to win him over. “What if we have lunch together today?” she spoke.

Donghae contemplated for a few seconds before he slowly nodded. “Okay. I’ll treat you for lunch today,” he said with a smile.

“Yes, yes, yes!” After she came out of Donghae’s office, she couldn’t help but discreetly pump her fists in victory as she made her way to her table. After she took a seat at her table, she smirked as various ideas and plans surfaced in her mind, and now she only had one mission. And it was…

“You’ll be mine soon, Donghae.”

END OF FLASHBACK

“So, sajangnim. How is your married life so far?” Jiyeon tried to make conversation with Donghae as she feigned a smile at the topic she brought up even though she just wanted to roll her eyes at the moment. They were currently having their lunch at a restaurant.

Donghae was silent for a while before he slowly nodded. “Good,” he forced a smile at her before he continued eating.

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow. “Good? Only good?”

“What? Is my answer not answering your question?” he asked casually.

“Well….” she shrugged off. "Actually I've noticed something recently. That you seem different nowadays," she informed.

Donghae was silent for a few seconds. "Different? What do you mean?" he asked in monotone without looking at her but the food.

"Well...I noticed you become quieter, moody, and you barely smile now. You've changed a lot," she commented. "Perhaps...do you have any problem, sajangnim?" she added when he remained silent.

"Nope. I'm all right. Maybe I was a little bit tired," he reasoned.

"Ahh..." Jiyeon nodded though she somehow knew there was something he tried to hide. “So how’s your wife? Has she got pregnant yet?” she asked curiously, changing her tone to cheer the atmosphere – and she literally failed due to the topic that she brought up.

The question made Donghae pause from chewing his food. He looked at her with an unreadable expression. “Can we not talk about my personal matter here? And what about you? Don’t you have a boyfriend yet?” he changed the topic.

Jiyeon chuckled at his question. “No, I don’t,” she answered and stared at him. “I’m waiting for you,” she continued quietly.

Donghae looked up at her upon hearing that. And soon, Jiyeon let out an awkward laugh.

“Of course I’m kidding, sajangnim,” Jiyeon spoke and continued laughing.

Donghae smiled a little in response but didn't say anything. Jiyeon stared at him eating and smiled discreetly.

'If only you know I'm not kidding...'

Donghae got home after work and expected Yoora to be in front of the door to welcome him home like usual but to his bewilderment, there was no sight of her at the closed door. He guessed she was still feeling awkward over what happened between them on the last morning so he just shrugged off his shoulder and got out of his car. It was not like he cared though.

Getting inside the house, he was greeted with the maid, Aunt Ha, instead of Yoora.

“Welcome home, Mr. Donghae,” the maid said as she bowed at him.

He bowed slightly back and smiled a little. He then looked further inside the living room where Yoora usually watched television there and still he didn’t see her anywhere.

“Where’s Yoora?” Donghae asked curiously.

“Oh, I guess she’s still sleeping upstairs. Do you want me to wake her up?” The maid offered.

“Oh, nope. It’s okay.” After that, Donghae excused himself and walked upstairs heading to his bedroom. Once he reached in front of his room, his eyes unknowingly landed on the room Yoora stayed in. He stared at the door of the room for a long time, contemplating on whether he should take a look on her or not. But then he brushed the thought off. Why should he care about her?

“Yoora sshi, wake up. It’s time for dinner,” Aunt Ha’s voice made Yoora’s eyes flutter open.

“Oh, it’s already night. I slept so long,” Yoora mumbled as she got up from laying position and rubbed her eyes sleepily. She had started sleeping after having lunch and she couldn’t believe it that it was already night when she woke up. “Is Donghae oppa home yet?” Yoora asked, never forgetting her husband.

“Well…like usual,” Aunt Ha replied hesitantly.

"Ohh..." Yoora nodded and smiled bitterly. Aunt Ha’s response was enough to tell her that Donghae was out like usual, hanging out with his friends.

“I’ll take a shower first and then I will get downstairs, alright auntie?” Yoora flashed Aunt Ha a small smile before she headed away to the bathroom. Meanwhile Aunt Ha made her way out of the room to the kitchen back.

“Yoora sshi…”

Yoora looked up fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter