Chapter 11

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sunlight that crept in between curtains and landed directly on Donghae’s face woke the man up. His eyes fluttered open and the next thing that came to his sight made him blink his eyes in confusion.

‘She surely sneaked in again last night,’ he thoughtlessly thought and that was when he suddenly felt pain throbbing in his head, causing him to grunt, his hand on his head. The painful headache that he had reminded him about last night where he had hung out like usual with his friends. But…he didn’t remember how he had returned home though. Maybe Eunhyuk had sent him home.

Somehow, something that splattered on the floor caught his eyes and his eyes immediately widened when they landed on some woman's lingerie along with his other clothes that he remembered wearing them last night. With that, he froze in his position as he slowly peeked inside the blanket that wrapped around his body and froze even more when he found out that he was fully under the blanket. He quickly turned towards Yoora next and his heart almost stopped when there was no cloth on her upper body (shoulder part) which wasn’t covered by the blanket.

The painful headache he had earlier became painless now. God knows how long he froze in his position as he tried to remember what had happened last night but unfortunately he couldn’t remember a thing. And what he was witnessing in front of his eyes right now was enough to tell him what had happened last night, between him and Yoora. He didn’t need any explanation from anyone right now but at the same time he needed someone to tell him that this was not like what he thought it was.

He kept stiffening when Yoora stirred in her sleep. Yoora yawned and rubbed her eyes sleepily. That was until she noticed someone beside her on the bed. She looked over to her side and she froze immediately when her eyes met Donghae's right after.

They ended up staring at each other for a while, both were too horrified with what had happened between them last night. Many questions clouded in their mind but nothing came out of their mouth. They still couldn’t believe what had just happened.

“How did this happen?” Donghae broke the eye contact and asked almost in a whisper.

Yoora bit her lower lip as she looked at everywhere but him. “Y-You…you were drunk last night. I opened the door for you and this…happened,” she replied in a quiet tone.

Donghae heaved a deep sigh. “Why can’t I remember a thing?” he said and raked his hair in frustration.

Silence filled the atmosphere for a moment before Yoora broke the silence.

“Y-You don’t remember a thing?” she asked, looking at him with a pair of sad eyes.

Donghae stared at her and could immediately see disappointment and pain in her eyes. He slowly shook his head in reply.

Yoora looked away and took a deep breath, blinking back her tears as her lips curled a bitter smile. Without any word, she got up from the bed, didn't forget to cover her chest with the blanket and looked around the floor searching for her clothes. She grabbed her night dress that was on the floor beside the bed and immediately wore it off. And then without any word, she quickly got out of the room.

Donghae watched as she left, the feeling of guilt throbbing inside his chest. Once the door was shut, Donghae heaved another deep sigh. “God, what did I just do?” he mumbled helplessly.

"Good morning, Yoora sshi," Aunt Ha greeted as soon as Yoora arrived at the dining table. The elder was serving two plates of fried rice onto the dining table at that time.

"Good morning, auntie," Yoora flashed a smile. "Whoa! It's my favourite fried rice!" she chirped when she saw the food that Aunt Ha made for breakfast.

Aunt Ha merely chuckled in response. But then her expression changed when she noticed some red marks on Yoora’s neck.

“Omo, Yoora sshi. What’s wrong with your neck?” Aunt Ha said, looking at Yoora’s neck in concern.

“Uhh…” Yoora smiled awkwardly as she tried to hide it with her hair. She had done the same earlier but how can the elder still notice it? “I don’t know. Maybe some insects bit me last night,” she tried to make an excuse.

“Oh really? Next time you should close the windows at night. Insects would come in if you don’t close it,” Aunt Ha said innocently.

“Neh,” Yoora smiled awkwardly as she continuously tried to hide the red marks with her long hair.

“Ehem…”

Both Yoora and Aunt Ha looked in the direction to see Donghae was approaching them. Aunt Ha bowed down and greeted him a good morning, meanwhile Yoora who still felt awkward after what had happened between them last night slightly bowed at him. After that, Aunt Ha invited them to eat before she excused herself.

Silent atmosphere as usual engulfed the atmosphere as they had their breakfast together. Unlike usual, Donghae spared a few glances at her sometimes, feeling guilty towards what had happened last night. Meanwhile Yoora never spared a glance at him like she usually did as she paid full attention to her food. Usually she would try to make conversation with him but not this time.

As Donghae was sometimes stealing glances at her, that was when he noticed red marks on her neck that were barely hidden by her hair. Seeing that only made him feel more guilty towards her. Just how much did he hurt her last night, he didn’t know. Moreover when she was pregnant. He hoped he wasn’t doing it too rough to her last night.

The silence atmosphere continued until they were done eating and no one even tried to make a conversation.

After having breakfast, Yoora spent her time in the garden of the bungalow, breathing in fresh air. The garden was her favourite place in the house as it was the place where she would find herself feeling calm and peaceful. She always hangs out there if there is no interesting drama or shows on television.

As she was engrossed watching the fishes swimming in the small pond in the garden, suddenly she felt a figure standing beside her. With that, she turned towards the direction to see it was Donghae.

“Oh…oppa…” she voiced as soon as she saw him.

Donghae merely remained silent as he joined her watching the fishes, his hands inside his pockets.

“What are you doing here?” he asked in a quiet tone.

Yoora was flustered that he started the conversation. He had never done that ever since he decided to give her his cold shoulders. A small smile curled on her lips, happy for that positive change in him.

“Nothing. Just watching those fishes. They are so cute,” she said with a smile.

“Ahh…” That was his only response before awkward silence filled the garden. Somehow he felt relieved to see her smile.

“Are you…okay?” Donghae broke the silence, looking at her. “Did I hurt you a lot last night?” His eyes trailed to her neck that had red marks that he was sure caused by him and he couldn’t help but feel sorry for her.

Yoora, who noticed where he was looking, quickly pulled her hair over her neck, covering the red marks. To Yoora’s shock, Donghae suddenly came closer and pulled her hair back from her neck. Shivers went through her spine when she felt his fingers caressing those love bites he had made for her last night. She looked up at him with red cheeks and saw his eyes were full with guilt.

“I’m so sorry,” he said, almost in a whisper, his eyes never left those red marks before he shifted his gaze to her eyes. After that, he slowly pulled his hand away.

“It’s okay,” she responded, flashing him a brief smile before she looked away to the pond back. As she looked away, she could still feel Donghae's stare on her and that made her hesitantly look at him back only to see his gaze was on her small bump that could be noticed through the shirt she wore.

"How is your carriage?" he asked.

She felt somehow uncomfortable after hearing his question regarding how her carriage was the reason they had fought and the reason why he hated her. "Uhh...good."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter