Chapter 23

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month had passed and baby Haera now was almost turning 2 months. Haera now was clever enough to smile and laugh which made her parents become more excited to play with her. And that practically made the house often filled with cute giggles from the baby girl.

"Haera yah~ Merong~" Donghae stuck his tongue out at Haera and cute giggles instantly came out of in response to her silly dad. Donghae couldn't help but chuckle at the baby's reaction before he showered a lot of kisses on her chubby cheeks, earning giggles from the baby as well.

Yoora who watched the dad and daughter playing together on the bed merely smiled in amusement as she approached them.

"Oppa, don't you think Haera grows up so well? Just look at her clothes. They've become too small for her now," Yoora spoke as she pointed at the clothes that Haera was wearing at the moment.

"I know, right?" Donghae chuckled, turning his head to his wife. "Shall we go and buy new clothes for her today?" he suggested.

And it didn't take a second for his wife to nod in agreement over his suggestion.

 

Once they arrived at the shopping mall, they directly headed to the baby clothes store with Donghae pushing the baby stroller that Haera was in meanwhile Yoora walked alongside her husband while linking her arm in his. Once they reached the store, they strolled around the store while finding clothes that would be suitable with Haera's age and that was when Donghae got a business-related phone call which needed him to walk out of the store for a while as he left the baby stroller contained Haera to Yoora.

"Do you like this gown, Haera?" Yoora cooed as she showed the baby the cute purple gown that she had chosen. The baby girl instantly smiled in response. Yoora's smile turned wider upon seeing her little angel smile. "You like it, don't you?" she spoke and ended up choosing the gown before she looked for other clothes for the baby while pushing the baby stroller forward.

Suddenly, she felt the baby stroller bump into something lightly. She immediately shifted her gaze away from those various clothes and that was when she saw a tall man wearing a hoodie standing in front of the baby stroller. The man seemed to be looking for baby clothes too even though the way he dressed didn't seem like it.

"Sorry..." Yoora apologized to the man as she tried to look at his face, but the hoodie that he wore made it impossible for her to look at his feature.

Without saying anything, the man walked away to the other side of the store. Yoora stared at the man for a while before she shrugged off her shoulder as she continued to look around the clothes there.

As she was busy searching for Haera's new daily clothes, she almost forgot that the baby was with her, and once she looked inside the baby stroller, her eyes widened when she found it was empty. And that was when she noticed someone running out of the store.

Donghae who had just finished talking on the phone was about to come into the store back when he saw two men running out of the store; the one in front was holding a baby and the other was running after him. They ran so fast that Donghae's eyes couldn't register everything but sensing danger, Donghae quickly got into the store to get his wife only to bump with her who seemed to be rushing out of the store while crying.

"Jagiya, what's wrong?" Donghae asked in panic as he looked at the empty baby stroller that she brought with her. "Where's Haera?"

"Oppa...Haera..." Yoora pointed towards the entrance of the store while crying and Donghae didn't take long to understand the situation as he immediately rushed out of the store, running after the two men from earlier who were nowhere to be seen anymore.

Before he could run further, he met a man with a hoodie mid-way. The man was holding a baby which Donghae recognized as Haera. With that, Donghae rushed towards the man.

"Is this your child?" The man asked Donghae in English in the middle of panting as he pointed at the baby.

Donghae looked at the baby and he couldn't be more than relieved when he found out that it was Haera. "Yes..." Donghae replied in English and the foreign man immediately handed Haera over to him. As soon as Haera was in his arms, he checked on the baby in case she got any injury. After he made sure that the baby was alright, he shifted his attention to the white man back. "Thank you so much. I don't know what I'm going to do without you," Donghae said in appreciation to the man who had saved Haera from being kidnapped.

"No problem," the white man answered with a smile as his eyes averted to Haera in Donghae's arms. "Perhaps...may...I know her name?" he asked with an ounce of hesitation as he pointed at Haera.

"It's Haera. Lee Haera," Donghae replied almost immediately.

"Lee Haera..." The man repeated almost in whisper as a small smile curled on the corner of her lips. "What a beautiful name..." he commented, his eyes seemed to never leave the baby girl.

Donghae smiled at the compliment. "Thank you. By the way, may I know your name?" he asked friendly.

There was a moment of silence before the man replied, "I'm—"

"Oppa..."

The voice made Donghae immediately turn around to see Yoora was scurrying towards him. She fastened her steps when a small figure in her husband's arms came to her sight.

"Haera-ah, are you okay?" Yoora spoke right after she reached them as she immediately took her daughter from her husband. "Haera-ah...I'm sorry..." The remaining tears rolled down her cheeks as she hugged her precious daughter securely in her arms. "Forgive omma, Haera-ah. Please forgive omma..." she continued as more tears streamed down her cheeks meanwhile Donghae rubbed his wife's back comfortingly.

After a while comforting his wife, Donghae remembered about the foreign man back but as soon as his eyes shifted to where he had last seen him, there was no sight of the man anymore. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked around, searching for the man, but to no avail.

"Where's he?" he questioned out loud and that caught Yoora's attention.

"Why, oppa?" she asked curiously.

"The man. He was the one who saved Haera earlier. He was here earlier but now he's disappeared," Donghae said.

Yoora was silent. She had noticed a man standing along with her husband earlier but because of her teary eyes, she didn't clearly see the person and barely had her attention on him as she was too worried for her baby. But what she was sure, the man was wearing a hoodie and she was sure it was the man that she had met at the baby clothes store earlier. In fact, she had seen him chasing for the kidnapper when she was still in the store earlier.

She hoped she could meet the man. She was so thankful to him that she hoped she would meet him someday. She wanted to thank him for saving her daughter.

The next day...

Yoora and their baby were sleeping in the bedroom meanwhile Donghae was watching television in the living room when the doorbell rang.

The luxurious gate spread open as Donghae came approaching the guest that stood before the opening gate. Once he got closer to the gate, his eyes instantly sparkled once he recognized the guest. It was the man that had saved Haera at the shopping mall yesterday!

“Hey! It’s you!” Donghae cheerfully exclaimed in English, offering the unexpected guest a hand for a handshake.

The man smiled rather awkwardly as he kindly took the latter’s offered hand.

“How do you know that we live here?” Donghae asked curiously.

“Uhh…well…I came here just to give this to your baby,” the man spoke without answering his question as he handed the latter a colourful paper bag containing a gift for Haera.

“Oh thank you!” Donghae thanked the person as he took the gift. “Please come in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter