Chapter 22

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day...

The moment the married couple was having breakfast together at the dining table, Donghae received a call by a man which introduced himself as a policeman from Gangnam Police Station. Upon hearing the introduction of the man, Donghae straightened up as his ears perked up at what the policeman was informing him. Meanwhile, Yoora who saw Donghae’s tense expression looked at him questioningly as she chewed her food.

“Who is it?” Yoora asked after Donghae hung up the call.

“The call is from the police station,” Donghae informed, his face looking pale.

Upon hearing that, Yoora’s head shot up as that reminded her of the day she had gotten into a hospital because of two strange guys whom she believed had tried to make her have miscarriage back in awhile.

“What did they tell you?” Yoora asked curiously, especially when she saw her husband’s tense expression.

“They have caught the two suspects that you saw during the incident...”

“Really?”

“....And a woman...” Donghae continued.

“A woman?” Yoora looked confused. "But I don't think I saw any woman during that time...” she tried to remember.

“The woman was the mastermind behind all of this.”

“Mastermind? You mean, the woman was the one who planned this and hired those two men to hurt me?”

Donghae nodded in response. It was silent for a moment before he spoke, “It’s Jiyeon.”

“What?” Yoora looked at Donghae in shock. “J-Jiyeon? Y-Your former secretary?” she asked in disbelief.

Donghae merely sighed as he shook his head in disapproval. He even found himself difficult to believe what he just heard early in the morning. The thought of Jiyeon being the culprit behind this had come across his mind before but he didn’t expect that he was right all this time. But regarding what had happened recently, he admitted that it was possible for Jiyeon to do such things to his wife. And it was the worst among the other things she had ever done to him and his wife to ruin their marriage. And he definitely couldn’t forgive her this time even though Jiyeon had apologized to him the last time they met.

A week later...

Donghae’s car got into the garage of the house and later the married couple got off the car. They were just back from Yoora’s parents’ house. They had stayed in Yoora’s parents’ house for a few days to celebrate Yoora’s birthday together. Donghae’s parents had joined them as well since their houses were nearby each other. Once Yoora’s birthday party had ended, the married couple decided to get back home and Donghae seemed to have a surprise for his wife when he covered his wife’s eyes with a black cloth as he led her pregnant wife inside their house carefully. Yoora merely played along with her husband, a grin plastering on her face.

After carefully leading his wife upstairs, Donghae stopped walking in front of a bedroom and automatically Yoora stopped in her tracks as well. Donghae then opened the door of the bedroom before he continued to lead Yoora inside the bedroom. Yoora’s heart thumped hard, excited for her husband’s surprise. Her smile widened when she felt Donghae’s hands uncovering the cloth on her eyes.

“Surprise!”

Yoora slowly opened her eyes and her eyes immediately turned into love-shaped upon seeing the beautiful view in front of her. It was a baby nursery room that had been decorated in a pink theme that was obviously for their baby girl that would be born any time soon.

“Whoaa!” Yoora uttered in awe as she looked at her husband, her face expression didn’t change from the awe one. “Oppa!” she jumped into his arms as Donghae chuckled and wrapped his arms around his beloved wife.

“Do you like it?” Donghae asked.

“No, I love it!” Yoora replied, hugging her husband tighter.

Donghae chuckled at her response before he loosened his hug to meet his wife's eyes. “Do you think our baby would love it too?”

“Of course she would, oppa!” Yoora gleefully answered without any hesitation and stared into her husband's eyes with a loving gaze. “Thank you, oppa,” she flashed a bright smile at her husband.

Donghae returned her smile as bright as hers. “Welcome. And happy birthday again.” Soon after, he leaned down and kissed her softly, giving her the best kiss for her birthday.

Come to think of it, this was the best birthday she had ever had in her entire life – because this was the first birthday she celebrated with Donghae, not as a friend anymore, but as her husband. Never had she thought that she would celebrate her birthday with Donghae as her husband, as the memories where she had celebrated her birthday with Donghae when they were still children replayed in her mind. She smiled in between the kiss upon remembering it. How fast time had flown, actually?

Suddenly, her phone rang which caused the kiss to break off in an instant. Yoora took her phone out from her handbag and her expression darkened upon seeing the name on the screen.

Ryan.

She immediately declined the call and turned off her phone, not wanting this great day to be destroyed by a toxic like him.

Without her realizing it, her action was witnessed by Donghae.

“Who is it? Why didn’t you pick it up?” he asked questioningly.

Upon seeing Yoora was taking time to answer his simple answer, he automatically could guess who the caller was.

“It’s Ryan, right?” Donghae asked with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

“Neh,” she said hesitantly.

Donghae snorted. “He’s still alive, I see,” he said with a hint of sarcasm. It had been a while since the white guy disturbed his wife. He thought the guy had given up on her.

“Oppa, let’s not talk about him anymore,” Yoora uttered.

“Arasso. Mianhae,” he her hair comfortingly upon seeing her unhappy expression. With that, Yoora smiled a little and continued to wander around the pinky room with a fascinated expression masked on her face.

Suddenly she felt a pain shot through her stomach. “Ouch!”

Shocked, Donghae looked at his wife in an instant and his expression turned into a worried one when he saw her pained expression.

“Darling, are you okay?” Donghae asked anxiously.

“Oppa, it hurts...” she scrunched her face in pain as a hand on her bulging stomach. Suddenly her eyes widened. “O-Oppa, I think my water just broke...”

Upon hearing that, Donghae didn’t say a word but quickly scooped her in his arms, rushing out of the house to the hospital.

“A few more pushes and it will be done,” the doctor said.

Yoora continued to push and push as small groans continuously escaped with Donghae holding her hand, giving her encouraging words nonstop. Having Donghae by her side more or less helped her a little bit with bearing the pain she was having. And she was very thankful for it.

“Good, you’re almost there. One more push and it should be the hardest one,” the doctor said again.

With that, Yoora pushed with all her might and the next thing she knew, a loud crying engulfed the atmosphere. The feeling of happiness and blissfulness spread across her heart upon hearing the beautiful crying as she was panting hard in the midst of releasing a relieved sigh. Meanwhile, Donghae's eyes lit up upon hearing their newborn baby crying.

“It’s a girl!” The doctor announced as he handed the baby to the nurses to clean up.

After the baby was cleaned up, one of the nurses handed the newborn to Yoora and seeing the face that she had been yearning to see throughout these nine months only tripled up her happiness.

“Oh my god…” Tears brimmed in her eyes as she eyed the cute face of the baby she had carried for nine months in her stomach. Donghae sat on the edge of the bed beside Yoora and joined watching their little baby with a bright smile glued on his face.

“She looks a lot like you,” Donghae cooed, caressing the baby’s cheek with his thumb. Even though the baby was not really his but that didn't stop him from being happy and for sure didn't stop him from being in love with the little creature that was in his wife's arms right now. And deep inside, he felt relieved that the baby looked like Yoora. If the baby looked like her irresponsible father, he didn't know what to explain to their parents if they saw their granddaughter looked nothing like Korean.

After giving her baby a few kisses, Yoora offered Donghae to hold the baby. "Do you want to hold our baby?"

"Of course," Donghae replied without any hesitation. The second the baby being in his arms, his heart immediately softened as he felt himself falling in love harder with the cutie pie. "Omo, you're so cute..." Donghae said adoringly, one hand playing with those little fingers.

Yoora watched the warmth view in front of her with a softening heart, tears one by one rolling down her cheeks. Seeing the baby that she had just given birth to in the arms of the person whom she used to 'use' to protect the baby, she felt really guilty and embarrassed towards Donghae. But seeing love and concern in Donghae's eyes as his eyes never looked away from the baby, she felt so grateful that she had him as her husband especially when he could accept the baby even though the baby wasn't his despite how she had hurt his feelings back then.

"Oppa..." she softly called for her husband.

Donghae finally had his eyes away from the baby and turned to look at her in question. "Yes?" A happy smile still plastered on his face.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for accepting us into your life..." Yoora said sincerely.

Donghae smiled warmly. "What are you talking about? Of course I would accept you guys. You guys are my life now. And I can't live without you, without our baby."

Upon hearing the words 'our baby', Yoora felt touched and so, more tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Jagiya, why are you crying?" Donghae leaned closer towards his wife. He tried to comfort Yoora as he wrapped one of his arms around her shoulder meanwhile his other arm was holding their newborn baby.

Yoora shook her head with a little smile on her face as she quickly wiped her tears. "I'm just too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter