Chapter 17

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiyeon sshi, please take note that I’ll take off days for a whole week next week. So please cancel all the meetings that I have to attend during that time,” Donghae instructed when Jiyeon had finished informing him about his schedules for today.

“Oh, alright. But where are you planning to go?” Jiyeon asked.

“I’m planning to go on a honeymoon with my wife,” he happily informed her.

Jiyeon’s face slowly darkened at the mention of his wife. “Ahh…” that was her only response. “But is your wife okay now?”

“Yes, she is. But…how do you know?” Donghae asked curiously.

“Neh?”

“How do you know something happened to my wife?” Donghae questioned because as far as he knew, he never told anyone about it. When he was rushing to the airport after their last meeting at Busan back then, he only informed her that there was an emergency at home, not more than that. So how did she know about it?

“Uhh…w-well, before you rushed back to Seoul the previous days, you did tell me that you got an emergency at home. So I guessed something happened to your wife,” she answered.

Donghae stared at her, trying to read her eyes as if he could read her mind through them. After a while, he lightly nodded.

"You can go back to work," he said quietly and continued doing his work.

Jiyeon bowed in response before making her way out of the room.

Once Jiyeon turned her back around heading to the door, Donghae looked up and watched as she left the room. Then, what he had heard when he was in the elevator earlier, rang in his ear.

FLASHBACK

He just arrived at the building of his company and ran a little when he saw the elevator was about to close. Fortunately, he managed to get in and the staff in the elevator respectfully bowed at him and greeted him a good morning in which he returned it back the same kindly. As he was standing very in front among the other staff in the elevator, suddenly he heard voices from behind him talking about someone in which he was somehow confident that it was him they were talking about.

“Yah, our boss is really handsome, isn’t he?” the voice said in a whisper.

“Of course he is. You know what, he has many secret admirers. Even his secretary has a crush on him, you know,” another voice whispered.

“You mean, Park Jiyeon?”

“Neh.”

“Oh my God. But isn’t he married already?”

“Yes he is. But Jiyeon is so crazy over him that she doesn’t want to give up on him.”

“What? Really?”

That was the last words he heard before he walked out of the elevator as he had reached the level where his office was at.

END OF FLASHBACK

Donghae was deep in his own thoughts. He was fine if she was having special feelings for him. Even though he would feel a bit uncomfortable about it, he was okay with it since he had gotten used to having many secret admirers. But the fact that she suddenly brought up about his wife when he never told anyone about what had happened to his wife recently, he couldn't help but be suspicious.

“Was it her?"

“Yeobo, I’ve a surprise for you,” Donghae said to Yoora who was putting on lotion on her hands as she headed to the bed and carefully climbed onto it.

“Surprise?” she looked at her husband questioningly but at the same time adjusted herself comfortably sitting up on the bed.

Donghae climbed on the other side of the bed with a wide smile before he handed her something. Yoora creased her eyebrows as she took it from him. “Flight ticket?” she looked at him confusedly when she recognized what his husband had handed to her. "Are you going outstation again?" she pouted.

Donghae chuckled. "Aniyo. I won't let it happen again."

"Then what?"

“I’ve promised you that I’ll bring you to travel after I come back from outstation, right?” Donghae reminded her about his promise.

Upon hearing that, Yoora’s eyes sparkled in an instant as she looked at the flight tickets on her hands back. She gasped. “We’re going to Jeju Island?” she questioned excitedly.

Donghae nodded in reply.

“Kyaa~” she squeaked a little before giving her husband a hug. "Thank you, oppa," she said happily.

Donghae smiled as he returned her hug. "Do you like it?"

"Of course!"

"I'm sorry if it's not the place you wish to go for our honeymoon. Actually I planned to have our honeymoon overseas, but since you’re pregnant, I was just worried if something happened,” Donghae said.

"No, it’s okay, oppa. I like it. Besides, it's been a long time I've been wishing to go to a beach," she beamed happily.

"Really? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?"

“Well, I wanted to tell you but I forgot,” she replied with a pout and Donghae chuckled at his wife's cuteness as he lightly pinched her cheeks.

“Most importantly, I can finally get out from this house for a while,” she said with the widest smile ever.

“Didn’t you just get out from this house a while ago?”

“Huh? When did I?” she looked up at him confused.

“Didn’t you spend the night at the hospital the previous days?” Donghae teased.

Yoora playfully slapped him on the chest earning laughter from him.

"That's different," she playfully frowned at him.

"Arasso," he said and ruffled her hair lovingly as she scrunched up her face. Not long after, the lights in the room were turned off as they were ready to sleep.

A week later...

The day Yoora had been waiting for so long had finally come. It was the day where they would be going to Jeju Island for their honeymoon. Their flight was in the morning at 10.00 a.m. and even before 9 a.m. they had left the house and went to the airport.

The flight to Jeju only took 2 hours to arrive. The first thing they did once they had arrived at Jeju was to check in on a hotel that Donghae had booked for them.

“Whoaa!” That was what came out of Yoora’s mouth soon after they got into the hotel room. The room was huge with a queen king bed, sofa, television and others. What impressed her the most was there was a huge love-shaped in the middle of the huge bed that was created with a lot of red rose petals. And other red rose petals splattered around the love-shaped.

Then the sound of waves and the smell of the ocean caught her attention. With that, she made her way to the balcony and gasped in awe when the view that was laying in front of her eyes right now was a beach. She quickly opened the sliding door and right after that, a soft breeze tenderly slapped her cheeks.

She stepped into the balcony with Donghae tailing behind her, smiling looking at her reaction to every little thing that she found in Jeju Island.

She turned towards her husband. “Oppa, it’s so beautiful,” she said happily.

“I know, right?” he responded and slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, giving her a back hug.

Yoora placed her hand on top of his hands that were on her bulging stomach and smiled wider when she felt him caressing her tummy with his thumb.

“Thank you, oppa,” Yoora suddenly said as she was too overwhelmed with the beautiful sight in front of her right now.

“Thank you too, darling. For your existence in my life,” Donghae replied and looked down at her as she looked up at him. Slowly he leaned down and captured her lips in his, giving her the softest kiss ever. Yoora closed her eyes and responded to his kiss lovingly, pouring her love for him through the kiss.

Suddenly a ringing phone was heard and that caused them to break off the kiss.

“Is it your phone?” Donghae asked.

“Neh,” she nodded. “Wait for a sec.” She said and walked inside back to get her ringing phone from her handbag that she put on the bed. But once she found out who the caller was, a slight frown instantly appeared on her face.

It was Ryan.

She quickly ended the call without answering it and was about to turn around to go back to where she left her husband at only to gasp in shock when she found Donghae was already standing behind her.

“Oh my God. You scared me,” she said, a hand on her chest.

Donghae chuckled. “Sorry…” he said. “Who did call you?” he asked.

She was stiffened for a moment. ‘Did he see it?’ she thought as she had saved the number with the name ‘Ryan’.

“Uhh…it was my friend,” she replied in a stiff tone.

“Which friend?” Donghae asked. From what he knew, Yoora didn’t have a lot of friends in Korea ever since she left for the UK.

“Uhh…my friend from the UK,” she answered.

“But why didn’t you answer it?” Donghae questioned curiously.

“Well…it’s not important. Since we're on our honeymoon right now, so I want my attention to be fully on you,” she linked her arm in his and grinned widely. “Oppa, let’s go to the beach?” she suggested.

“Let’s go,” he wrapped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter