Chapter 8

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the appearance of Ha Ja Eun, the maid Donghae sent for Yoora in the house, Yoora felt less lonely and there was at least someone she could talk to in the house. But that didn’t mean she had stopped thinking and missing Donghae. It had been a few days since Ha Ja Eun became the maid in the house. Yoora called Ha Ja Eun ‘auntie’ as she felt comfortable with the elder. Throughout the days, Aunt Ha would cook breakfast, lunch and dinner every day and every food she cooked for Yoora would be healthy since Yoora was pregnant. Even though Aunt Ha was just a maid, Yoora would always invite her to eat together as she would feel lonely eating alone. The elder gladly complied with the pregnant woman’s request.

Even though they were getting close, but Yoora never told the elder what had happened between her and Donghae. She knew Aunt Ha was thinking that the baby she was pregnant with was Donghae’s. And she never told her the truth about it. Aunt Ha’ presence erased a little bit of her sorrow, but still sometimes she found herself in a daze, deep in her own thought thinking about what had happened between her and Donghae lately.

Every day she would hope for Donghae to come back. She never felt bored waiting for him and would wait for him even if it would take him forever. Before Aunt Ha came into her life, she felt impossible for Donghae to come back to the house thinking that he hated her so much. But after knowing that he had sent Aunt Ha to take care of her, she felt sparks of hope and felt like she still had a chance.

For the past few days, Donghae has been locked up at Eunhyuk’s apartment. He didn’t go to work as he had taken off days for his honeymoon with Yoora which obviously didn’t happen as planned because of her pregnancy that he just found out. He wanted to go to work but Eunhyuk advised him not to, as to let him calm his mind and heart first. Moreover, it would be embarrassing for him if he went to work as the whole office already knew that he was going for the honeymoon. He didn’t want the whole office to know that he had a problem with his wife.

Ever since his temporary stay in Eunhyuk’s apartment, every day he would follow Eunhyuk to a club to reduce his stress and to forget his problems for a moment. However, that didn’t help him much. Even by getting home drunk every day didn’t help much as well. Of course he would forget his problem when he was drunk. But that happened only for a while before it came back to him back after he got sober. But for him, it was much better than having to not forget his problem the whole day.

Donghae was currently alone in the apartment as Eunhyuk had gone to work. He spent most of his time during Eunhyuk’s absence watching television. However, he often caught himself thinking of something else instead of watching television. And that something else was Yoora. Donghae would roll his eyes after realizing what he was thinking and focused on the television back. But that was only for a while before his wife came into his mind again.

He missed her.

And he hated himself for missing her, the person who had used him for her own good sake, who played with his feelings, who broke his heart.

He hated her.

He regretted that he had waited impatiently for her to come back to Korea every day.

He regretted that he had missed her so much throughout the time she was in the UK.

He regretted that he had felt so happy after finding out that she had come back to Korea.

He regretted that he had felt so happy to marry her.

And the thing he regretted the most was the fact that he loved her so much.

‘Is she doing well?’ he unknowingly thought to himself. He remembered sending a maid to the house to take care of her. He hoped she wouldn’t feel that lonely after this.

He raked his hair harshly in frustration when he found himself still caring for her, when she never cared about his feelings. She probably was happy now that she didn’t need to pretend to love him, to be happy around him anymore. He heaved a deep sigh. He hated himself so much.

It had been a week since Donghae left her. And now she was alone in the bedroom, staring at Donghae’s number phone without blinking. She missed him very much. She wanted to call him, to hear his voice, but…she was scared. All this time, he was always smiling and being sweet to her and she didn’t expect that he would be scary once he was mad. And she could witness it for the first time on the day he had found out about her pregnancy. It was her first time seeing him that mad and it was also the first time he got mad at her.

‘Where’s he?’ she asked herself. Even though Aunt Ha did tell her that Donghae was out of the country, she didn’t believe it. She knew he wasn’t. How can he be out of the country without bringing his clothes? That was impossible. Moreover, it had been a week since he had gone.

‘Shall I call him or not?’ she asked, contemplating as she kept staring at the familiar number. Her thumb lingered above the green call button and after a few minutes, she finally found her courage and eventually tapped the button.

She waited for him to answer the call for a while and to her disappointment, the answer she got was only an operator’s voice. She pouted. Before she knew it, she called him again and the same thing happened, he didn’t answer the phone.

It was a weekend so Eunhyuk wasn’t working today and Donghae felt happy that he wasn’t alone in the house anymore. As they were watching a movie together, suddenly Donghae’s phone rang. Donghae looked at the caller and froze upon knowing that it was Yoora. He scoffed. It was her first time calling him after what had happened between them a week ago. He couldn’t help but feel upset that she only remembered to call him now. It was obvious that she was happy all this time while he was gone. He rolled his eyes and threw his phone to the empty space beside him, letting it ring all by itself.

“Why aren’t you picking it up?” Eunhyuk asked.

“It’s Yoora.”

“So? Why didn’t you answer it?”

“Lazy,” Donghae answered lazily.

Eunhyuk shook his head disapprovingly in response and that was when Donghae’s phone stopped ringing.

Not long after that, his phone rang again. Knowing that it was Yoora, Donghae didn’t bother to answer the call.

“Answer it,” Eunhyuk ordered.

“I don’t want to.”

“You’re so childish, you know,” Eunhyuk scowled at him.

Donghae ignored him and just focused his attention on the movie displayed on the television.

“Answer it. Who knows something bad happens to her,” Eunhyuk persuaded.

“Stop thinking negatively, can’t you?” Donghae chided him.

“No. I can’t. If I was you, I’ll answer it despite how much she hurts me.”

“That’s because you’re stupid!” Donghae countered back and that got Eunhyuk to sigh in despair.

While they were arguing, the phone call ended. Donghae sighed in relief that there was no phone call from her anymore as they continued watching the movie in silence. Then he heard his phone beep, he took a look at it and found out that he got a voicemail from Yoora. He paused for a while, contemplating whether to hear it or not. After a while, he gave up and ended up holding his phone up to his ear.

“Oppa…” He heard her soft voice. “Where are you? I miss you so much.” The tone of her voice made him tear up a bit but he quickly blinked it away, having enough of crying. “Aren’t you coming back? I’m waiting for you.” He could hear her voice wavering and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter