Chapter 15

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One night, as Donghae and Yoora were cuddling on the bed, preparing to sleep, that was when Donghae suddenly broke the silence.

“Jagiya…” he called out softly, his fingers were busy caressing her hair.

“Hm?” she merely hummed in response.

“Can I ask you something?” he asked.

“Sure,” she answered sleepily.

“Hmm…how should I say?” he mumbled to himself, wondering how he should describe his curiosity with words as to not offend his wife.

His hesitation made Yoora look up at him. “Oppa? What is it?” she asked in a concern tone. 

“Uhh…I’m just curious about Ryan. His name is Ryan, isn’t it?” he tried to remember it himself.

Upon hearing the name, Yoora’s expression darkened. She hated the name, as much as its owner and she was surprised that Donghae still remembered the bastard’s name even though it had been quite long since she told him about it – she had told him about her ex on the same day he had found out about her pregnancy.

“You still remember that name?” she voiced in disbelief and softly scoffed.

“Of course. Of course I remember that name. It’s the first name I’d ever hated in my entire life since I first heard it from you,” Donghae said honestly.

Yoora didn’t reply as she remained silent. Her heart still felt somewhat sorrowful whenever she was reminded about how the big fight between her and Donghae had happened.

“You never told me about him other than his name,” Donghae added when he got no response.

“What do you want to know about him?” she asked in monotone.

Donghae pondered a little. “I want to know about how you first knew him, why did you guys break up. That’s all,” he said.

Yoora sighed. “He was a transferee student in my college,” she said. “And we broke up because he cheated on me with my friend. My ex-friend, to be exact,” she added.

Donghae gasped a little upon hearing what he had been told. He had kind of expected that the man had probably cheated on her. But the fact that the man had cheated on Yoora–The Park Yoora–he just couldn’t imagine how stupid the guy was for leaving someone as perfect as her.

“Long story short, I fell in love with him when my eyes first landed on him, but unfortunately I wasn’t alone. My friend liked him too. So I decided to hide my feelings for him from my friends and just have a crush on him from afar. That was until I was assigned to be in the same group with him for an assignment. That was how it started. He confessed to me and I confessed to him and we got into a relationship. And when my friend that liked him found out about our relationship, she decided to cut off our friendship. After two years of relationship, I found out I was pregnant and told him about it. But he told me to abort it. When I told him that I didn’t want to abort it, he suddenly asked for a breakup. The next day, I went to his house to persuade him to accept the baby, but I didn’t expect that I’d end up witnessing him having with my friend,” she told the story calmly, no tears glistening in her eyes like usual because her eyes were tired crying over the same thing over and over.

After hearing Yoora’s story, Donghae tightened his arms on her and rubbed her back tenderly. “I’m sorry. I never thought you’ve gone through that much when you were far away from me,” he said guiltily.

“It’s okay, oppa,” she said with a soft smile on her lips. Now that she had Donghae in her life, not only as a best friend but also as a husband, she felt safe, protected and loved. That was all she needed in her life. Her husband was all she needed in her entire life.

“Oh I forgot to tell you…” Donghae suddenly spoke.

“About what?” Yoora asked.

Donghae heaved a sigh. “I have to go outstation next week,” he informed his wife.

“Ahh…To where?” she asked, already sounded sad in Donghae’s ears.

“Busan,” he answered. “I’m sorry, jagiya. I would meet important clients there, so I really can’t postpone it.”

Yoora was silent, pouting slightly. They had just reconciled from a big fight and now he would be going to leave her again. “How long?”

“For a week,” he replied and when he got no response from her after, he quickly said, “I’m sorry, darling. I’ll come back quickly okay? What do you want? I’ll buy you something there.”

Yoora remained quiet and that made Donghae feel guiltier. “Oppa, can I come along?” she looked up at him and tried to show him her puppy eyes but the darkness made it impossible.

Donghae blinked, not expecting the question. He contemplated a bit before he said, “But you’re pregnant.”

“What’s the problem with me being pregnant?” she retorted, pouting.

“Of course it’s a problem. I’ll be there not to travel but to work. I’ll be very busy and if you come along, you’ll be alone in the hotel. I wouldn’t have time for you, you know. Who will take care of you then?” Donghae said softly.

Yoora continued to pout. “Arasso,” she mumbled hopelessly.

Donghae smiled at her cuteness as he pulled her closer. “I promise, after you give birth, I’ll bring you and our baby to travel, okay?”

Yoora smiled at the words ‘our baby’ but then her smile vanished in an instant as she frowned. “Why do we have to wait until I give birth?” she questioned with dissatisfaction.

“You’re pregnant, right? You have to rest a lot,” Donghae replied.

“But I’m bored staying at home all the time.”

Donghae fell silent. She got a point there. He softly sighed. “Arasso. I’ll bring you to travel after I go outstation, okay? But come to think of it, we never got to travel together as husband and wife before. We never have our honeymoon,” he said in realization. And that was when he remembered that the day they had planned to go to their honeymoon during their early marriage was the day he had found out Yoora fainted in the bathroom and it was the same day he found out that she was pregnant. He would never forget that moment; heart-breaking yet unforgettable.

Yoora remained silent as she also was reminded about those heart-breaking yet unforgettable memories that caused their planned honeymoon to be cancelled.

“I’m sorry…” Donghae quietly mumbled. The feeling of guilt still couldn’t be erased fully from his heart whenever he remembered about the past.

Yoora, who heard his apology, practically had her eyes glistening with tears. “I’m sorry too…”

Donghae tightened his arms on her and exhaled softly, one of his hands was cupping her face, his thumb caressing her cheek tenderly. “Darling, let’s not remember our past anymore. Let’s forget it. Let’s live our life happily from now on, okay?” he said softly.

“Hm,” Yoora hummed in response while nodding her head briefly before burying her face deeper in her husband’s chest.

A week passed and today was the day where Donghae would be going outstation to Busan for a week.

“Goodbye, oppa…” she said, pouting while waving her husband goodbye. She was sending Donghae to the door.

Donghae snickered then leaned in before he pecked on her cute pouting lips. When he pulled away, he noticed her blushing cheeks yet her cute little pout was still visible on her face. He knew she was sad but what can he do? He had to. “Don’t be sad. I’ll give you a call as soon as I arrive, okay?” he tried to coax her and caressed her hair lovingly.

“Okay,” she nodded, still pouting. She felt like crying but she didn’t want to cry; she didn’t want him to worry.

“Come here,” he gave her a hug for the umpteenth time and for the last time for that day. She instantly hugged him back. After a while, he broke off the hug and kissed her forehead. They had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter