Chapter 2

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae smiled at the priest in front of him then turned towards the entrance of the church, waiting for his future wife to come in. There were many people who came and sat on the bench provided in the church as they came to celebrate his wedding day together. While waiting on the altar, Donghae couldn't help but feel nervous. His heart pounded in his chest, his hands and forehead got sweaty, and he chewed on his bottom lips as if it would reduce his nervousness. He wondered how beautiful his future wife would be. And he couldn't wait to see her beauty and that caused him to have his eyes fixed on the entrance door.

His heart beat faster once the entrance door opened. Much faster when he saw a woman, who was wearing a beautiful white wedding gown with a veil covering her face, entering the church. The woman, his bride, his future wife, slowly walked towards him with a bouquet of flowers in her hands, and Donghae's eyes transfixed on her. She became closer and closer, and his heart was beating faster and faster. And his heart stopped when she now was standing in front of him, looking at him through her white veil.

Donghae stared at her, trying to recognize her face through the veil. He wanted to know who she was, who he would marry, which was a bit weird that he didn't know about it. But he really couldn't recognize her behind the veil. The veil was such an interruption for him to recognize her, to see her beauty. And he couldn't overcome his curiosity anymore. He reached his hands out to the veil and slowly pulled it up.

Once the veil was fully pulled up which allowed him to see her face, his eyes widened.

"Yoora-ah.."

 

Donghae's eyes flew open. He was in his bedroom and he found himself laying on the bed.

‘That's just a dream,’ he thought and pouted in disappointment. If only the dream would come true.

He pouted for a while, remembering back about the dream he just had, before a smile formed on his thin lips.

‘Yoora was so beautiful in the dream.’

But then, his smile slowly faded away.

‘But why did she look....sad?’

He was thinking for a while before he found himself chuckling.

"That's just a dream, Donghae. Why are you so foolish?" he mumbled to himself.

After stretching up his arms he looked at the alarm clock on his bedside table. It was 7 am. He got up and rubbed his sleepy eyes. It was time for him to go to work. Getting off his bed, he directly made his way to the bathroom, doing his morning routine.

"Bye, mom. Bye, dad" Donghae said after having breakfast with his parents.

"Bye" Both of the elders replied.

After waving his parents goodbye, he made his way out of the kitchen and the house. Before he got in his car, he managed to glance up at the balcony of Yoora’s house which connected with Yoora's bedroom and his eyes sparkled when he found Yoora who was still in her pajamas, standing in the balcony breathing the fresh morning air.

"Yoora ah!" Donghae called her out.

She seemed not to hear him because she gave him no response.

"Yoora ah!" Donghae called her again, hoping that she would look at him.

But no. She didn't. Again.

Donghae frowned a little. She looked like she was in a daze, like in a deep thought.

Once again, he called her, louder than before. His face brightened when she finally turned towards him as he directly waved his hand towards her.

"Donghae!" He heard her call him then signaled him to wait for her before she walked off the balcony. After a while, he saw her coming out from her house and half-running towards the gate of his house and went inside to where Donghae's car had been parked. Once she reached in front of him, she directly gave him a hug, which startled Donghae at first before a shy smile crept on his face as he hugged her back.

"Good morning," Donghae said after they broke the hug.

"Good morning~"

"Why did you wake up so early?" Donghae asked.

"Well..." she paused for a moment. "Jet-lagged maybe?" She answered with a rather awkward smile. "By the way have you had your breakfast yet?" She quickly changed the topic.

"Yes, I had. What about you?"

"Not yet. I just woke up," she replied. "Are you going to work?" she asked.

"Yeah"

"Ahh. Take care, then." She then opened the car door for him with a wide grin to which amused Donghae.

Donghae smirked at her action. "You're suited to be my driver. Interested?"

"Yah!" She whacked him on the chest. "How could you offer a graduate from Oxford like me as your driver? That's an insult, you know!"

"Tch. You're as proud as peacock," he scrunched up his nose.

"Shut up and get in before I puncture your car tire!"

Donghae laughed as he got inside the car, lifting his hands up in surrender. After Yoora closed the car door for him, he slid the mirror down and jokingly said, "You know what? You just ruined my good morning." In reality, it was the opposite.

"Well, that's my purpose coming here, open and close the car door for you, actually You're damn lucky I didn't slam the door on your face, you know," she huffed.

Donghae laughed again. "Enough. I'd better go now. If I stay here any longer, I'm afraid I'll kiss you," he said. It sounded like a joke but he was telling the truth though. He exactly was fighting back the urge from getting off the car and pulling her in for a kiss like what people did in Korean dramas.

He smirked when he found her cheek turn pink.

"You cheesy. You better go now or I'll puncture your tire!" she threatened and Donghae only chuckled in response. She looked so cute when she was angry (or to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter