Chapter 21

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Donghae sshi, it’s okay if you don’t want to take responsibility. I can take care of this baby by myself. Or should I just abort this baby?” she muttered at the last part but Donghae didn't fail to hear it. She looked down on her food rather sadly, playing with her spoon.

Donghae stared at her for a while. “Let’s not talk about this for now. Because I plan to bring you somewhere after this,” he ended his words with a wink which confused and fluttered her at the same time.

She blinked and blushed but tried to compose herself. “W-Where do you want to bring me to?” she asked curiously.

“It's a secret. But what I’m sure, you will like the place,” Donghae flashed her a heart-fluttering smile. Seeing his beautiful smile made her lips unknowingly curve upwards. She felt weird that Donghae treated her like this but at the same time she felt happy. Was it possible that he had opened his heart a little for her?

“We’ve arrived~” Donghae chirped once they arrived at the destination.

“Clinic?” Jiyeon looked at the building in front of her with confusion. He said he wanted to bring her to somewhere special, but why did he stop the car in front of the clinic? As she was in the middle of confusion, she didn’t realize that Donghae had gotten out of the car. She only realized it when the car door beside her was opened by none other than Donghae.

Donghae sweetly gestured to her to get out of the car and she couldn’t help but smile at his action.

“What are we doing here?” she asked after she got out of the car.

Donghae beamed. “Well, what else? To see our baby of course,” he answered simply, still with a smile on his lips.

Upon hearing that, her smile faded away in a second. “What do you mean?”

“Well, let’s do a checkup. You haven’t done any ultrasound, right? Let’s see our baby together,” he said excitedly as he took her hand in his and was about to pull her to get into the clinic but she quickly pulled her hand away back.

Donghae blinked at her action. “Why?”

“Don’t you trust me?” she looked at him with disappointment.

“Huh?” He looked confused. “Of course I trust you. Otherwise, I wouldn’t bring you here, you know.”

“You’re a liar. You don't believe that I’m pregnant, right?”

“I never said that,” he responded, playing dumb.

She fell silent, almost being fooled by his great acting skills.

“And now I doubt if you’re really pregnant,” his voice turned cold all of a sudden, including his face expression, especially his gaze.

“I-I am really pregnant!” she said defensively.

“You could’ve been lying.”

“How could you say that? I won’t do such a thing!”

“Fine, if you’re really pregnant, then prove me that you are.”

She went silent.

Her silence made Donghae scoff. “Is it that difficult?”

Jiyeon merely looked down on the floor in silence.

Donghae heaved a deep sigh as he stared at her in disbelief. “How could you do this to me? How could you frame me so that my wife would hate me? And you know what? Your plans are successful. Very successful. And thanks to you, now my wife hates me! That’s what you want, right?” he said in frustration yet managed to control his voice so as to not cause a scene in the public.

“Aniyo,” she finally spoke and looked up at him. “Not only that. I want you,” she daringly looked into his eyes.

“Oh my God. I’m married, Jiyeon. I’m married!” he emphasized the last sentence frustratingly.

“I know. But as much as I tried, I couldn’t forget you. I couldn’t throw my feelings for you away,” she confessed to him out of blue.

Donghae fell silent upon hearing that.

“To be honest, I’d never fallen in love with any man before. You’re the first man that stole my heart. You’re my first love, Donghae-sshi,” she paused then looked down on the floor. “How do you expect I could forget you easily? When I found out you were getting married, you don’t know how hurt I was. I can’t accept the fact that you’re married. And I can’t bear to see you happy with another girl,” she said, eyes b with tears.

Donghae remained silent as he sighed inwardly.

“I know what I’ve done to you was wrong. But I couldn’t help it. I just want you in my life. And yes, I framed you. Actually there was no thief in my house that night. I lied to you so that you would come to my house. Then I put something in the drink I made for you so that you would fall unconscious. And that was how you ended up on my bed. I was also the one who sent your wife the pictures of us together on the bed. I did that because I wanted her to hate you. I wanted to ruin your marriage. So that I can replace her as your wife!”

Silence filled the atmosphere between them for a while as Donghae was too speechless to say anything as a response.

“You must've hated me right now, right?” she continued, smiling bitterly at Donghae. “I don’t even know why I told you about those things, but I guess I’ve got enough with all of this. I’m tired. I’m tired chasing for your love that never existed for me. I give up,” she said in surrender, her voice weakening at the ending of her words. "I think, from now on, you're fully free from me, Donghae sshi. And from now on, I'll try to wish your happiness together with your wife."

“Thank you so much for everything, Donghae sshi. And sorry for everything. Goodbye." she bowed deeply to him before she slowly took her step to leave and never turned back.

Donghae eyed as she left, staring at her back with his softened eyes. He had to admit that he felt so relieved that there was no more Jiyeon to disturb his marriage anymore, but the fact that the good relationship that they had built as an employer and employee n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter