Chapter 14

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoora's eyes fluttered open at the sound of birds chirping outside the windows. She was laying on her side and was about to lay her back down on the mattress when she felt something or rather someone behind her. She blinked and looked over her shoulder and her heart missed a beat when she saw Donghae was laying right beside her. She froze in her position.

'So last night I wasn’t dreaming...' she thought in disbelief.

She looked down when she felt something wrapped around her bulging tummy and a smile immediately climbed on her lips when she found that it was Donghae's arm. She softly placed her hand on his one that was on her tummy and closed her eyes in content, a smile still plastering on her face.

Was this real? Why did she feel like a dream?

She tried to remember what had happened last night. Last night, she was awakened by the feeling of something caressing her tummy and once she had opened her eyes, she had seen Donghae sitting on the edge of the bed staring at her tummy. Though, she had chosen not to say anything and had kept watching him in silence while discreetly smiling and had quickly closed her eyes pretending to sleep when Donghae had moved to pull the blanket up over her chest. And the moment she had felt his lips against her forehead, she had felt her heart pounding on her chest. And when he was about to leave, that was when she had gathered her courage to request him to sleep with her last night. And she didn’t expect that he would agree in the first place. She couldn’t be happier that he did.

She smiled as she remembered those moments. Getting tired with her position, she tried to change the position without waking Donghae up and in result, now she was laying on her other side while facing him. Her eyes softened the moment her eyes laid on his peaceful-looking face when sleeping. It had been a while since she saw this beautiful view of him and he still looked like a cute baby when he was sleeping. He looked so beautiful and cute at the same time that she could stare at his face all day long without getting tired of it.

As she kept staring at him adoringly, her hands unconsciously reached up to softly caress his face. Tears started b in her eyes as the thought of this moment would never happen again came to her mind. She didn’t know why but every moment and memories she had created with him these days, she always cherished it as if it was their last moments together. She was afraid that something like before where Donghae would give her silent treatment would happen again. She didn’t want to regret anything.

She immediately pulled her hand away when Donghae stirred in his sleep. The way he cutely scrunched up his face with his eyes closed almost made her giggle. He was so cute. She smiled widely at the sight before her, and her smile instantly vanished when he pulled her closer towards him, causing their faces to be almost an inch from each other. They were that close till she could feel his breath brushing gently on her face. She froze in her position staring at Donghae who still had his eyes close. Then, somehow, their close proximity caused her eyes to flicker on his lips. And that was when the memories of them kissing each other back then before they were married until the first week of their marriage replayed in her mind. She smiled bitterly as she reminisced about those memories. She missed it. Those lips. His lips. She missed to feel his lips against her own.

Before she knew it, she was slowly leaning in, closing the small gap between their faces, and her heart pounded in her chest when she finally felt her lips meeting his. She left her lips lingering on his lips for a few seconds, cherishing the moment with her eyes closed, before she finally pulled away. The moment she opened back her eyes, she was shocked when the next thing she knew Donghae was staring down at her. She froze in her position, staring at him wide-eyed. They stared into each other's eyes for a while and that was when she noticed Donghae's face became nearer to hers, his eyes on her lips. And the next thing she knew, his nose brushed against her, making her blink her eyes for a few times, and her breath hitched when she somehow knew what was going to happen next. She shut her eyes tight and it didn't take long before she felt his lips moving tenderly against hers; the moment where what she could see at the moment was only fireworks.

She couldn't believe this. She couldn't believe this was happening. And what she couldn't believe the most was that this was happening to her.

He kissed her! He freaking kissed her!

Was there still his love for her that he could kiss her? Didn't he hate her?

A tear escaped her eye at the thought of it yet she couldn't help but respond to his kiss. Not long after that, she felt another tear fall on her cheek. She thought it was her tear but nope. It was Donghae's.

After a while, Donghae slowly pulled away and stared into her teary eyes with his teary ones. Then, one of his hands reached up and wiped her tears off her cheek.

"I'm sorry..." he finally let out the words that he had wanted to tell her since a day or two ago. "I'm so sorry," he repeated with his cracked voice, now with tears flowing down his cheeks. "I failed in fulfilling my responsibility as your husband. I failed in taking care of you. I was being selfish all this time. I was only thinking about what I was feeling. I never thought of yours before. And I left you when you needed me the most. I'm so sorry." More tears escaped Donghae's eyes as he said that.

Yoora shook her head vigorously while her hands were gently wiping his tears off his cheek. "You don't have to say sorry. It's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm the one who has done a lot of bad things to you. I lied to you. I wasn't being honest with you. I used you for my own sake. I’m the one who’s selfish, not you. I'm so sorry," she spoke, tears slowly rolling down from both of her eyes.

Donghae shook his head. "I know you were not doing it for your own sake, but for your baby's sake. I was the one who was wrong all this time. I misjudged you. I'm sorry," he said.

More tears streamed down her cheeks at the mention of her baby. Her innocent baby. Her hands tenderly rubbed her tummy as she looked down on it. A small smile appeared on her face when she remembered the baby's movement when they were doing ultrasound yesterday.

"Let's get back to how we were before. Let's take care of this baby together," Donghae said, now his hand was above her hand that was on the tummy.

His words touched deep down in the bottom of her heart that tears continued to flow down her cheeks.

"Let's take care of this baby together, okay?" Donghae said again when there was no response from Yoora other than her tears.

She almost immediately nodded her head, a bright smile curved on her lips despite her teary eyes. "Gomawo, oppa. Gomawo," Tears of joy continuously rolled down her cheeks and Donghae smiled before he pulled her into his arms, hugging her like she was so precious to him - in which she was indeed.

"I love you," he finally said those three words that had been so long since the last time it came out of his mouth.

"I love you too, oppa," she replied, hugging him tighter in content. She thought there was no opportunity for her to feel any hint of happiness anymore, to see any light in the darkness of her life. But fortunately she was wrong. And she couldn't be more thankful for it.

 

Aunt Ha was serving breakfast on the dining table when Yoora and Donghae came into the scene with the happiest smile on their lips, one of their arms around each other.

"Omo..." the elder looked a bit surprised at the unusual scene in front her but flashed them a bright smile as they came closer. "Good morning Donghae sshi, Yoora sshi," she greeted them a good morning like usual.

"Good morning, auntie!" they cheerfully greeted the elder back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter