Chapter 9: The Hangover and Sungmin discovering Sunny’s Secret.

When In Seoul...

---Sooyoung’s POV---

   “YAAAH! Choi Sooyoung! Get your up.” Ugh. I could hear Taeyeon’s voice again. Only this time, it was way more annoying. “Jaejoong’s at the hospital.”

   Okay, that woke me up. Still having a hangover, but THAT definitely woke me up. I saw the clock and it was already 12:30 pm.

   “What happened to him?” I said sluggishly while getting out of my bed. “And why are you alone? Don’t you always wake me up with your back-up women?”

   “’Back-up women’? How can you call them ‘women’ when they don’t even know a thing about polynomials? But anyway, I didn’t have time to get them. It was urgent! Jaejoong fainted at soccer practice. I went there at the hospital to check him, since you’re still being lazy here. The doctor said his pulse wasn’t beating for 3 minutes.”

   I just shrugged. “Let him rest and he’ll be just fine.”

   I was about to go back to bed when Taeyeon held my wrist tightly.

   “They thought he was dead. And when he started breathing again, they said he kept calling your name. Sooyoung, even if he’s just your step brother--“

   “Half brother,” I corrected her.

   “Whatever. Now you made me forget what I was about to say. Pfft.” She pouted.

   Gosh…does this, maybe, have to do with that time that he almost like…saved me? I stood up and changed my clothes to visit him. When I got to the hospital, I immediately asked the nurse where his room was.

   When I opened the door, it was quiet, unlike in his room. Whenever the radio is on, his iPod will play, too.

   “Sooyoung-ah…” Jaejoong said in a weak voice. “I think I’m hallucinating…”

   What the…I came here, still having a hangover, just to hear him say that he’s hallucinating? “What do you mean?”

   Suddenly, a girl wearing a Sunday dress came out of the restroom. The face looked quite familiar.

   “Unni!” She said, kinda shocked that I was there. She hugged me while grinning. “Don’t you remember me? Ooh, maybe this will trigger your memory. I’m the smart…”

   Wait, I think I know that line.

   “…beautiful…”

   BRAT! It’s that Sunye girl, Jaejoong’s ex-freaking-girlfriend. He broke up with her because of many reasons. The top 2 are one: she has a pure artificial face (I’m talking about her makeup), and two: she only likes him because he was the first guy to chat with her and wrote ‘LOL’.

   “Oooh…heyy…” I faked a grin and looked at Jaejoong with a What-Is-She-Doing-Here look. “I remember you…so can you, um, give us privacy for a minute or two?”

   “Sure! I was going to the cafeteria, anyway. See you!” God, I hate her. As soon as she closed the door, I immediately sat on the chair beside Jaejoong’s bed.

   “What is that babo doing here?!” I said.

   “So…I wasn’t hallucinating?” He said, still in a weak voice. I shook my head. “Aw, man.”

   “Yeah, I know.

---Donghae’s POV---

   “And then? AND THEN?!” Sungmin asked impatiently.

   “I don’t think she’ll ever approach me again.” I said, remembering what happened that night at the bar.

(Last night outside the bar)

   “How come I’ve never seen you before?” I said while we were walking and eating ice cream.

   “I just transferred here yesterday, so yeah. “ Yuri said. “Right now, I’m invisible girl. Well, not THAT invisible.”

   Suddenly, a dog approached me and my hand. Yuri backed away and held my wrist.

   “D-Donghae-ah…can we g-go now?” I didn’t mind her until she squeezed my wrist so tight.

   “Ow! Why? Look at it…It’s so freaking cute.”

   But when I looked at her, she was covering her eyes. “I can’t. I’m afraid of dogs!”

   I thought she was just kidding. Who would be afraid of dogs? So I made a little prank. Since her eyes were closed, I made her touch the dog.

   “AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!”

(Back to the present)

   Sungmin hit me with one of the stuffed toys his ‘fans’ gave him. “Babo! You never thought of anything but pranks.”

   “Annyeonghaseyeo…” Someone from behind said. It was Yuri, which shocked me because she was talking to me, after what I’ve done to her.

   “So that’s her?” Sungmin whispered to me. He stood up from the table he was sitting on and bowed a little.

   “Annyeonghaeseyeo. See you later.” He grabbed his stuffed toys and walked to the direction of his table.

   “S-sorry about last night…” I said, looking down.

   “That’s fine,” Yuri said. “It’s about time that I face dogs, since my brother is planning to give me his puppy.”

   “That’s great! We could go to my aunt’s this weekend. She has a lot of dogs.”

   She just let out a nervous chuckle.

---Sunny’s POV---

   “SAVE MEEE~!” I shouted when my mom texted me that I was going to be living with my new mom starting tonight.

   “Aish, stop whining, you…” Sungmin threw a stuffed toy to me, which hit my head. That sharp shooting freak…

   “Yah! Mind your own business! I’m having a problem here!” I shouted.

   “Is it about your ‘new’ mom?” Hyoyeon said while listening to music. I nodded. “Don’t worry; you’re even lucky to live with the once-popular Mrs. Lee I-don’t-know-her-name in a mansion—“

   Hyoyeon stopped talking, as if she remembered something. At the same time, Sungmin popped out with his lollipop in his mouth

   “What about the ‘once-popular Mrs. Lee I-don’t-know-her-name’?”

   “Oh, that’s right! Sungmin-ah, you live there too, right?” Hyoyeon said happily.

   When Sungmin heard what she said, he suddenly threw his lollipop and ran away.

---Sungmin’s POV---

   While I was running, I hear Sunny scream again. So what was my next stop? Home. When I got there, I immediately went to my mom who was reading a book.

   “UMMA! Is it true? IS IT?!” I was panicking.

   My mom closed the book she was reading and sighed. She smiled at me (she always does that to everyone). “What’s true?”

   “T-that Lee Sunkyu is living h-here?!” I know it was rude to shout in front of your mother, but in this case, they should make an exception.

   “Ooh, Sunny.” Mom said, finally realizing what I meant. “Sungmin, do you remember when I told you that I’m not you real mother and I have a lost daughter? Well, two days ago, I found out that Sunny is my daughter…and it’s a miracle! She’s gonna be your sister!”

   “She’s my enemy~!” If I were to base my expression in emoticons, my face would be two letter T’s, five underscores, and another two letter T’s.

   “Well, you should think of a way to befriend her.” And just like that, my mom just walked past me. As if we didn’t even talk.

   “B-but…WHY ME?!” I kept biting my wrist. What a punishment.

---Yoona’s POV---

   The school rooftop is probably the best place for me, or to other people who know its purpose. Because it’s the only place where you can let out all your hard feelings and anger and just scream whenever you want.

   It was already about 5:00 pm when my friends and I hung out there.

   “I hate Changmin…he won’t show up lately, and he hasn’t returned any of my calls yet.” I said, sounding depressed.

   “I’m going to live with my enemy. My enemy, for crying out loud!” Sunny shouted while stepping on her school jacket. “I hate him. I hate him, and I WILL ALWAYS FREAKING HATE HIM!”

   “I-I-I think I would rather be with my emeny than with dogs…” Yuri nervously said. We all looked at her, thinking that she was weird for being afraid of dogs.

   “Did you just say ‘emeny’?” Hyoyeon asked. “And are you…afraid of dogs?”

   “What?” Yuri said, noticing our weird faces. “You never asked me, did you?”

   Darn, high school is just plain weird.

 

What do you think of Jaejoong's 'hallucinations'? xD Is he going crazy?

I'll update again next week, so check back! :DD (Sorry for not updating too much last week)

 

Thankies~!