Chapter 19: Play Pretend, Date Awkwardly, and Save a Rival.

When In Seoul...

 

---Yoona’s POV---

   Our teacher introduced us to a new student. Her name was Eunsook. She looked pretty sweet, has that boastful look and blue highlighted bangs. She looks like she just came from another city.

   “Annyeonhaseyo,” Eunsook bowed. “I hope we can be good friends.” She smiled and sat on a vacant seat with confidence. The vacant seat was just beside me, so it was easy for me to observe her.

   Well…everybody was observing her, especially her becoming-popular brunette hair and aqua blue highlights.

   “Um, excuse me,” She said, tapping my right shoulder. “Do you know Lee Sunkyu?”

   “Sunny? Yeah, why?” I asked curiously. “What, are you one of those people who used to beat her up when she was a kid?”

   Eunsook blinked at me a couple of times then said, “No, I just want to meet her…”

   I looked suspiciously at her. Why did she want to meet Sunny? And I’ve only met her for a minute and she was starting to annoy me with her hair flipping thing.

   “Will you stop that?” I said with a straight face. I was trying to hold back my intention of slapping her. She stopped flipping her hair and I heard her whisper ‘geez’ while facing in front

   “Thanks,” I smiled, but rolled my eyes. God, the nerve!

---Key’s POV---

   I went to the cafeteria to look for Jessica and Minjae, since it was recess. I’ll probably gonna see them eating like apes…well, Jessica only. The cameramen were following me, and so was the PD. The good thing about having cameras following you at school is that they’re not having a hard time shooting the subject because the students simply don’t care.

   Finally, I saw Jessica and Minjae at a table near the trash can. I hurriedly walked toward the table and the cameramen followed me.

   “Yah!” I whispered loudly to Jessica. “Why are you sitting here?!” Don’t you know that Minjae could get bacteria from the trash?”

   “Minjae wanted to sit here…” Jessica said while staring at something. Oh, wait. It’s a someone. She sighed and said, “Key, please slap me…I’m falling for his hypnotizing looks again…”

   “I wish I can, Sica. I really wish I can.” I said in disappointment while patting her shoulder. “Who’s ‘he’, anyway?” I looked at her, then at the direction where she was staring. “Kim Jaejoong?”

   Jessica suddenly smacked her forehead a few times. “But I can’t! No, this is wrong! He loves Tiffany and Tiffany is my best friend!”

   I smacked her head with her books that were piled on the table. “Shut up, you’re creeping Minjae out. See you later.”

   “Wait! Did your mom allow us to go to your house later?” Jessica asked.

   “Yeah,” I replied. “Just pretend that we’re friends because umma despises our family members’ rivals.”

   I left the cafeteria and the PD told the crew to take a break.

   “Key-sshi,” Mr. Song called. “Aren’t you supposed to be jealous of that guy Jessica has a crush on?”

   “Why?” I asked, disgusted at what Mr. Song said. “I don’t care who Jessica likes or loves and I’m better-looking that Jaejoong…well, kind of.”

   “But that’s what we need so the ratings will go up! Be jealous, for crying out loud!” Mr. Song exaggeratingly said.

---Sungmin’s POV---

   Sunny and I were looking for the new student because we believe that that person is the one that I told Sunny about...my annoying cousin, Eunsook. I wasn’t doing this because I want to help Sunny, but because I don’t wanna see my cousin ever again. Ever.

   “Sunny!”

   Someone called from the distance. It was Yoona, walking toward us.

   “Sunny, there’s someone who wants to meet you.” She said after she stopped walking. “Oh, hey Sungmin. I didn’t see you—wait…that’s weird…you two are together.”

   I rolled my eyes and moved a foot back from Sunny.

   “Can we just go?” I said.

   When we were at Sunny and her friends’ lunch table, there was this weird-looking familiar girl. She had blue highlights and, obviously, her hair was black because the top of her hair is black and the rest was dyed brunette.

   She stood up and did a 90 degree bow to Sunny.

   “Annyeonhaseyo! My name is Lee Eunsook.” She said happily and flipped her hair.

   “Oh, God, no…” I mumbled while looking at anywhere else but her.

   “What is it?” Sunny asked

   I looked at her, and then I grabbed her wrist and went outside the cafeteria. I told her to get her wallet because she has our family picture. I got it and showed her a girl that was beside me, smiling like a devil.

   Sunny gasped and looked at me horrifyingly. “It’s her, isn’t she?!”

---Yunho’s POV---

   It was 5:30 pm and I was on my way to go home when I heard someone call my name from the back. I turned around and saw Sooyoung running to my direction.

   “Geez…” Sooyoung said, panting, while looking down and holding her knees in exhaustion. She looked up a couple of seconds after and said, still panting, “So…have you thought…about the dinner?”

   I paused for a second, trying to remember what she was talking about. “Oh, that. Right…” I said. “Well…I don’t have anything to do right now.”

   “Really?” Sooyoung smiled a little when she said that. “So can we eat now?? I know a good place!” She grabbed my hand and walked immediately.

   “Annyeonghaseyo,” Sooyoung bowed to the two old couple as we entered a small restaurant.

   “Sooyoung? It’s you!” The ahjumma happily said. “I haven’t seen you in a while! Ah, you brought a friend.”

   “He’s her boyfriend,” The ajusshi blurted from the kitchen, which, honestly, made me blush a bit.

   “Ajusshi, what are you talking about?” Sooyoung said loudly. She faced me and said, “Sorry about that…”

   “It’s fine.” I chuckled. “As long as they don’t classify me as a thief. I get that all the time.” I grinned.

   Sooyoung laughed a little and sat on a vacant seat, while I followed her. The way she laughs made me smile, and I didn’t expect myself to do that.

---Taeyeon’s POV---

   Jessica was squealing as she entered my room and jumped nonstop. “Somebody’s waiting for you! Minjae, get your toys.” She said to Minjae.

   I looked at the window and checked who it was and saw Leeteuk standing there with his hands inside his pocket. I rolled my eyes and sighed. “Ugh, give me a break!”

   “So, are you going to keep him waiting outside and let him freeze?” Jessica asked, getting Minjae and picking up his toys. “I’m going to Key’s house so just tell me what happened, okay? Bye!”

   “Y—yah!” I shouted at Jessica, but she already left.

   What did she want me to tell him? I went down with fire flaring in my eyes and opened the door furiously.

   “I won’t forgive you, so go home!” I shouted.

   “…Hi.” Leeteuk blinked a few times before saying that. “Just so you know, you haven’t explained to me properly why you won’t forgive me.”

   “Do I have to?” I said, stepping outside our house barefooted. “Did you know that I got lost just a few million times at that forest and I had to spend the whole evening trying to find the directions? DO YOU?!”

   “I already apologized at school…” He said while pouting. “I’m sure you’ll forgive me when I do something for you…”

   “Ha! Nice try, jerk. Don’t think that any of your aegyo and stuff will make me forgive you!”

   He chuckled. “Who said anything about aegyo?” He confidently asked.

   He suddenly pulled me to him and I blushed because I was just an inch away from him. My heart started to beat at a fast pace and my eyes were just locked into his. I was moving backward, but he kept moving forward to me and, after a few steps back, I felt the wall of my house.

   I had nowhere to go. Darn it.

   My whole body was just sticking to the wall, even my head, but Leeteuk just kept getting closer and closer (and a little bit closer)…to the point where my eyes were getting crossed because he was already too close, so I just closed my eyes. My breathing was heavy, since I was so nervous…

   …then, I suddenly felt something touch my lips.

   THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.

   Park Jungsu, the guy who made me skip math class and left me in the forest, just kissed me…in the dark. And the surprising thing about it was…I let him.

   But then, the moment was ruined when I forgot that I was outside our house, barefooted, and the cold wind was breezing to our direction. Great.

---Eunhyuk’s POV---

   I was staring at the old man who was snoring and drooling while I was at the bus, on my way home. It was silent, kind of, until my phone suddenly rang, which made the old man startled, then went back to sleep again.

   “That’s weird, why are you so kind earlier?! ^^” It was a text message from Hyoyeon. “Gumawo~”

   I unknowingly smiled at her text message, but I wonder, wasn’t I always kind to her?

 (Flashback)

   Our dance instructor was warming up with the rest of us until she saw Hyoyeon having a hard time stretching her feet, then she saw her cast.

   “Hyoyeon, shouldn’t you be resting your ankle?” Our teacher asked, going to Hyoyeon and observing her ankle. “I’m afraid you’ll have to skip our class for now and come back when you get better.”

   “But when I miss one class, I won’t get it, right?!” Hyoyeon desperately asked.

   “Well, yeah, but this is for your own health…”

   “What if I was the one who broke her ankle?” I asked to our dance instructor. “Then I’m the one who should be suspended, not her.”

   Our dance instructor raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms. “Hyoyeon, did Eunhyuk really broke your ankle?”

   Hyoyeon glanced at me and I signaled her to just say ‘yes’. She glanced back at our dance instructor and bit her lower lip. “Oh, yeah. He crushed it…on purpose.”

   Alright, she didn’t have to say that.

   “In that case, get out of my class, Eunhyuk.”

(Back to the present)

   I wasn’t used to sacrificing important things to someone else, but, like Seohyun, she did it for Kyuhyun because, well…she cares for him. And I care for Hyoyeon. I did the right thing, right?

 

I'm really sorry for not updating yesterday~! ㅠ ㅠ My PC is restarting. Again. And I'm starting to think that it's because of my houses net connection. :PP

 

Anywaaay, I hope you liked this chapter! Please leave a comment & subscribe. :)