Chapter 17: An awkward night and a fight.

When In Seoul...

 

---Sunny’s POV---

   When I woke up, the first thing that I saw is my reflection on the mirror and the clothes that I was wearing. Bunny pajamas? Pffft. I suddenly remembered what happened the other night. No, wait. I can’t remember that much. I forgot what happened after I slipped.

   No, wait! Someone got me out from the pool, and I’m sure of that because I saw a splash. But, who was it?

   I went to the kitchen and saw Sungmin drinking milk, again. I tried to ignore him and opened the fridge to find the milk.

   Aish…he drank it all! I found myself sticking my tongue on my cheek.

   “Sorry,” Sungmin said, sitting on a chair near the counter. “I thought you hated milk.”

   I just sarcastically grinned and was about to go outside, but he grabbed my arm and handed me his milk, which he obviously didn’t drink at all.

   “Seriously?” I said. It was weird enough that he drinks milk before and after he sleeps, and he still makes everything weirder by emptying the milk box, putting it in a glass, and not drinking it.

   He just shrugged, but still holding the glass of milk. “You want it, didn’t you?”

   I just rolled my eyes and removed my arm from his hand. I was about to go to the living room when he said something…disturbing.

   “Yah, Lee Sungmin, thanks for saving my life that night. If it weren’t for you, I would’ve died.” Sungmin said in a cute voice. Then he continued, with his original voice, “It’s nothing, Sunny. You’re lucky I was a good person because if I wasn’t, I would’ve let you drown there and electrify you.”

   After that, Sungmin just glared at me intensely. He put the glass on the counter and left the kitchen, while I was just standing there, wondering what just happened. But while I was digesting every word he just said, I didn’t notice that I was already drinking the milk.

   After 20 minutes, umma was already awake and we were about to eat breakfast, but I just couldn’t help but tell her that I heard everything the night before yesterday. We sat at our usual chairs.

   “Umma, sorry if I’m eavesdropping, but I heard what you said the other night…” I hesitantly said while looking down.

   Umma looked at me sympathetically. “Sunny, I’m really sorry if you were hurt about what I said. “I was just, well, shocked. But luckily, I found a way to make your cooking perfect!” Sungmin came in. He was always late for breakfast. “I’ll teach you everything.”

   I guess that was a good idea. Until she added another thing. “And because our relatives will be having a reunion in the next few weeks, you’ll have to know our family traditions. Sungmin will teach you.”

   I almost choked at what umma said. But Sungmin was more shocked than I was, I guess, because he really did choke. He kept coughing, which worried umma.

   “Sorry for startling you, dear.” Umma calmly said and patted Sungmin’s head. “Oh, and speaking of Sungmin, Sunny, have you thanked him yet? I haven’t heard you say your thanks to him yesterday.”

   I just stared blankly at umma. Then I blinked at Sungmin, who was staring at me, too.

   “Thanks,” I said to Sungmin with a toneless voice because I wouldn’t sound sincere if I didn’t know what I was thanking for, right? “For…whatever you did.”

   “Well, it’s obvious that you don’t know what I’m talking about,” Umma said in a kind of awkward way. “Sungmin saved you from drowning the other night.”

   This time, I REALLY choked. “He…” I coughed. “He…” I coughed again. “He…did?!” I looked at Sungmin with my teary eyes (I was choking, duh) and asked, “It was…you?!”

   “No, silly. It’s the neighbor’s cat.” Sungmin sarcastically said. I got my revenge by throwing the table napkin at him. “Umma! Did you see what she did?!”

   I threw another table napkin at him.

---Yoona’s POV---

   Umma and I were eating silently at the kitchen when she asked me about last night, when Changmin and I were watching a movie and stuff. She wasn’t here because she had to work overnight at their office.

   I just looked at umma after she asked that, thinking of what I’ll say.

   “It’s…fine,” I said with a smile while swallowing my food.

   Actually, I was lying. Maybe it did go well for Changmin, but it didn’t for me. I was acting strange last night, and Changmin even noticed it.

      “Yah. You’ve been acting strange lately.” Changmin said while staring at me like I’m a weirdo. “Are you alright? Did Wooyoung hit you too much that your brain tilted?”

   He was talking about earlier, when Wooyoung accidentally hit my head while he was walking past me.

   “Stop that…” I said, still uncomfortable with what I was feeling. Maybe that was why I act strange. “Stop making jokes about me and Wooyoung. I don’t like him that much anymore…”

   Changmin laughed. “So you finally realized that you love me?”

   I didn’t speak. Was he serious? Can he, like, read my mind? If he could, then I’m dead, so dead. I just looked strangely at him. No, wait. What was I talking about? I don’t love him…like that.

   “Yoona,” He said when he couldn’t wait for my answer anymore. He held my shoulder and wiggled me. “It’s a joke, geez. Don’t take it too seriously.” He was still wiggling me. “I’m going home, okay? Call me when your brain goes back to normal.”

   I already came to my senses right before he left, but just pretended to be weird so I wouldn’t be awkward with him, for the first time.

   “Yoona…YOONA!” Umma was screaming directly to my ears.

   “What~?!” I angrily said. “I said it was fine! I’m going to Hyoyeon’s.”

   Umma just looked at me like I was crazy. She probably asked me another question while I was remembering last night, and I just said it was fine…whatever that is.

   I went to Hyoyeon’s house because Hyoyeon is always the person that I can talk to about Changmin. She knows what to do at everything, when it comes to him. If I went to Sunny, she wouldn’t take our conversations too seriously, and Yuri and I aren’t that close, so yeah.

   “What are you doing here?” Hyoyeon asked  looking at me suspiciously. was full because she just bit the apple she was holding.

   She let me in and I sat on a chair there. I started talking about what happened last night and how strange I felt while Changmin was there.

   “So you only realized that you have a crush on him when he told you that he used to have a crush on you…?” Hyoyeon said. Well, the way she said it was like she was asking.

   “Eh…you could put it that way…” I said. “Honestly, I don’t know what I’m feeling right now! The only feeling that I’m having right now is like my mind is gonna explode any second.”

   Hyoyeon didn’t move for a moment, and then she snapped her fingers and made an ecstatic expression.

   “I know what to do!” She exclaimed. “Tell Changmin that you love him, it’s as simple as that.”

   My jaw dropped. “WHY?! How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t love him that way?!”

   “How would you know?” Hyoyeon asked.

   “Because I’m the only one who knows my real feelings…To tell you the truth, I lied to you a few times about how I felt when you want us to join dance club.”

   “You little—fine. You said it yourself that you lie about your feelings. So does that mean that you lied earlier when you said that you don’t love him?”

   I was speechless. Was I lying?

---Key’s POV---

   It’s been 2 days since we’ve started taking care of Minjae. I was very comfortable even if he’s around. Jessica tried to get his attention, but always ends up being invisible.

   It was Monday, so we had to bring Minjae with us at school. I was surprised that his real mother doesn’t worry about him that much, especially when he was taken care by a couple of teens.

   “He’s so cute~!” Tiffany squealed, pinching Minjae’s cheeks. “Sica, you’re so luck you got the chance to be a mom of this kid!”

   “Lucky?” Jessica snorted. “Okay. First, I’m NOT his mother, and second, that ‘cute kid’ doesn’t even come to me! He just always goes to that Key.”

   “Uh…hi.” I said, reminding them that I was just right in front of them. “If you’re gonna talk about me, just say it to my face, not to the kid.”

   “Does he talk yet?” Tiffany asked, still pinching Minjae’s cheeks.

   “Not that much,” I said and then looked at Minjae. “Minjae-ah, say hi to Tiffany-noona.”

   “Annyeong!” He said in a cute voice while waving.

   “So cute! I wanna bite him!” Tiffany squealed. Jessica and I backed away a bit and held Minjae. We were scared that she’ll really bite him. “Guys, I’m kidding!”

   “We know…” Jessica said while looking weirdly at Tiffany.

   “Hyung! HYUNG!” We heard Taemin shout from a distance. When he stopped running, he was panting like crazy. “Hyung, you have got to see the fight at the soccer field!”

   “There is?” I was happy. Things like this rarely happen at school.

   “Yeap, come on before the teachers stop them!”

---Tiffany’s POV---

   When we got to the field, there were many people who were watching the fight. Taeyeon suddenly grabbed me and showed me who was fighting who.

   It was Jaejoong and Yunho. I was stunned. Why would they fight?! I saw Yunho being beaten by Jaejoong. Jaejoong was REALLY strong, despite the fact that he just got out from the hospital.

   I knew I could’ve stopped them, but my feet wouldn’t move.

   “Yah! What are you doing?!” Taeyeon shouted at me. “Stop them!”

   Suddenly, there was a very loud whistle, which caught everyone’s attention, even Jaejoong and Yunho. It was the president of the student body. I thought the fight was going to be over, but Jaejoong just punched him. I was only able to move when Sooyoung accidentally pushed me and tried to stop her brother.

   “Y—YAAAH!” I shouted. That was when they really stopped. I offered Yunho my hand so he could stand up but he wouldn’t hold it. He wasn’t even looking at me. He was just looking down, wiping the blood from his mouth. “Y…Yunho-yah…”

   Maybe he was still mad about the promise that I made…and broke. I just walked away really fast from the scene while holding back my tears.

---Sooyoung’s POV---

   “Yah! YAH!” I shouted while following Jaejoong, who was just ignoring me. “Yah! Why did you do that?! You punched two people out there, and one of them could expel you!”

   He was still ignoring me. We were already at the back of the school, and I didn’t even know it, because he walked too fast. He finally stopped walking.

   “Kim Jaejoong!” He really was getting on my nerves. “You could’ve at least apologized to Yunho.”

   “Why would I?!” Jaejoong’s voice was really loud, my ear heard a ringing sound. “He’s been taking Tiffany away from me since he knew that I love her.”

   “How would you even know that it’s him who’s been the villain all these years? You two are just the same in every way. Can’t you see that?” I swear Jaejoong’s not my brother. He’s just…dumb.

   I was about to leave him there when I forgot to say another thing that he should really know.

   “And by the way,” I added. “Tiffany made a promise to Yunho that they’ll go out together on the same day as your date, a few days before you asked her out. So you should be mad at Tiffany.”

   Jaejoong finally turned around. “So Tiffany said ‘yes’ to our date, even though she already had one?!” I nodded. “That…CHEATER! I can’t believe I fell for her!”

   “N—no, that’s not what I’m trying to say!” Maybe I was wrong to say that last statement. Tiffany’s gonna kill me if she knew that Jaejoong’s mad at her because of me. “You don’t have to be m—“

   “That’s it; I’m breaking up with her.” He angrily said.

   “Y-you’re not even together…” I mumbled.

---Donghae’s POV---

   I was looking for Yuri after the first period, but instead, I ranover Kyuhyun. He was at the computer lab, playing Starcraft (I found out when I saw the PC’s screen).

   I cleared my throat. “Kyunhyun,” He wouldn’t respond, so I pulled out the plug of the computer. He was beyond pissed.

   “Yah! Why did you do that?!” Kyuhyun said.

   “Have you seen Yuri?” I asked, ignoring his question. “I have something to give to her.”

   “I think she’s at cooking class.” He said while putting back the plug. “But…why do you like her?”

   “What do you mean?” I was about to go to the class. “I just…like her.”

   “No offense, but it’s hard when you’re starting to like her day by day. Haven’t Yuri told you?” Kyuhyun sounded a little shocked. “She usually moves to another city every month.”

   I laughed. “How would you know? You don’t even know her.” But I stopped laughing when he was looking weirdly at me. “You know her?”

   “Yep…”

   After Kyuhyun explained everything, I couldn’t believe that they were together. Not that they’re not good together. It’s just that how come I get to like a girl whose ex-boyfriend is one of my closest friends? It’s so weird.

   When I was thinking about this, I didn’t notice that I was already in front of the door of the class where Yuri was, and that I bumped someone. We both fell on the floor, but I got up first to help her.

   “Mianhae…” I said, offering her my hand. When she lifted her head, I recognized her.

   “It’s okay—“ She just looked at my hand, as if remembering something, only she looked depressed. But she held it anyway and got up. “It’s okay. It’s my fault, too.” She bowed.

   Tiffany! That’s her name. Now, I remember.

   “If you’re calling a friend inside, better do it later. Our teacher doesn’t let anyone interrupt her class.” Tiffany added.

   I chuckled. “Thanks for the advice. I’ll just wait for the class to finish.” I grinned. She just smiled back, but her smile was obviously hiding something sad inside. She went in the classroom.

 

Omigod TiffHae moment~ :)) For those who think that it's gonna be YulHae, you might wanna think again...or just stay with YulHae. LOL :DD

I still haven't discovered what's wrong with my PC (because, you know, it won't let me edit the pictures and stuff), which really pisses me off. Pfffft.

 

Please comment & subscribe, I'll really, REALLY appreciiate it. And thanks for those who did! :D