Chapter 21: Passing the BIG wall, Wondering what’s with him, and wanting to kill her cousin.

When In Seoul...

 

---Donghae’s POV---

   Every time I put my headphones on, my mind gets cleared up. The music that I hear keeps me away from my problems. It’s like my version of Starcraft, only it’s portable and it doesn’t kill orange creatures that live in violet slimes.

   I was sitting on a bench near the school building (doing an Indian sit) and was about to continue reading the latest issue of my favorite manhwa (Korean ver. of manga) when someone blocked me from opening it, and that person was holding a tag that has a not written on it.

   “Wih—while...will...” I mumbled, trying to read the note. “…While y—you go awt wite me…what is that—“

   I looked up and saw Yuri smiling in amusement. She was the one holding that tag who has the handwriting of a messed-up person. Wait…didn’t I placed a note like that on the dog that I gave to her?

   “What a weird way to ask me,” Yuri said, still smiling a bit. “That’s so…cliché—Well, in my opinion.”

   I moved aside to let Yuri sit with me and said, “Someone did that to you already?”

   And here I was, thinking that I was so unique when it comes to situations like that.

   “Yes,” Yuri answered while sitting beside me. “And it’s a close friend of yours, or should I say, your best friend.”

   It took me a couple of seconds before realizing that Yuri was talking about Kyuhyun. Darn it, Kyuhyun stole my idea of asking girls out! Well…not really, but, still, he stole it!

   “Oh,” I said. “Before I knew about that, I thought that there was 99.9% chance that you’d say yes. Now, I think I only have 70%.”

   Yuri laughed a little. “Don’t worry, what you did may be a bit typical, but you made it unique by not understanding your own handwriting.”

   “20%...” I mumbled.

   “Which is adorable,” Yuri added. I smiled a little wider when she said that because it meant that my chances went up. “So, yeah, I’ll go out with you.”

   I stood up and asked in pure happiness, “REALLY?!”

   Yuri nodded. “But only if you’ll let me choose where we’ll date.” I agreed, and she added, “There’s gonna be a fair on Saturday, and it’s gone after that, so I want to go there…please?” She grinned widely.

   “Okay.” I said, grinning back.

---Sunny’s POV---

   Let me describe a bad morning for you: It’s when you wake up at 7:00 am, go to the bathroom and look in the mirror, expecting yourself to look very beautiful, but instead, you can see a tiny bit of blackheads on the sides of your nose and visible eye bags.

   Then, after you dress up for school, you’ll see your mother, your enemy, slash, step-brother, and your annoying cousin sitting on a luxurious Cinderella-like sofa, waiting for you to sit with them.

   As you sit in that luxurious Cinderella-like sofa, your mother tells you that you have to share rooms with your cousin, who always looks like she’ll eat you, or else, you’ll have to sleep on another house, which is so frustrating because you are your mother’s daughter, not your cousin. Your cousin should be the one who will be sleeping on another house (i.e. her REAL home).

   See my description of a bad morning? Yeah, I was kind of having the exact same thing.

   “B—but you can’t kick me out, are you crazy?!” I said to umma, who was keeping an annoying poker face. “Y..yah! Lee Sungmin, help me here!”

   Umma made a stop hand sign at Sungmin right before he said anything.

   “But I though you hated it here.” Umma said to me. “If I kick you out, you won’t have to live with your ‘enemy’. Don’t you think that it’s better that way? Or did you and Sungmin finally decided to be friends again?”

   What in the world was with umma? I just made a disgusted look and went back to my room. Oh, wait. It wasn’t my room anymore because Eunsook will be taking it.

   I didn’t notice that Sungmin was following me until I lay on my bed. He sighed and lay on the opposite direction.

   “What’s with her today? Sungmin asked while staring at the ceiling. “Did Eunsook give her some kind of potion?”

   “I was thinking the same thing…” I blankly stared at the ceiling, too.

   Sungmin and I weirdly looked at each other, then back at the ceiling.

   “Weird,” We both said in unison.

   What was umma trying to do? I may not know what is was, but I was really sure that it involved me…and, possibly, Sungmin.

---Taeyeon’s POV---

   I sat down on the empty seat at the school’s laboratory while tapping my unsharpened pencil on the metallic table. Was I just lucky two days ago, or did umma decide to finally let me interact with guys?

   You see, after Leeteuk did ‘that’ to me, which made my mind go blank for the first time, umma’s voice suddenly popped out of nowhere. When I opened my eyes, I immediately pushed Leeteuk away from me because umma was looking suspiciously. She was just right across the house.

   “U…umma!” I quickly said in a startled voice. “L—let me explain, please!”

   Umma walked fiercely to our direction. Without looking, she commanded Leeteuk to stay where he was while she ordered me to go inside the house.

   The moment I entered the house, I knew that I as gonna be murdered. I sat down on our couch, feeling its comfortable fabric for the last time, before going to be executed by umma.

   “Taeyeon,” I almost jumped when umma said that. My heartbeat was beating faster than usual. “Let me remind you that—“

   I suddenly ran to hug umma’s left leg and begged her to forgive me.

   “Please, umma! I’m really, really sorry! Please don’t kill me! I promise I’ll get a perfect score in all subjects. Please, please, please, please, pl—“

   “Yah!” Umma shouted. “Can you let go of my leg and let me finish?!” I did as she said and sat on the floor. “Now, you should keep in mind that boys these days are…what’s that word?”

   “Jerks?” I said.

   “Yes. And even smart girls, like you, can never know if they’re just playing a trick on you, or they’re really serious.”

   Whoa, where did she get that? She used to talk about fish and stuff, but I guess she was starting to give me a different perspective in life. And, to top it off, she even gave me the weirdest example that I have ever heard from a human being.

   “Maybe right now he’s calling his friends and telling them that he made you fall I love with him.”

   “Umma!” I stood up. “How many dramas did you watch today?” I joked and hugged her. “Thanks for the advice. I’m the luckiest girl in the world because I have a mother who ‘knows everything’.”

   See what I mean?

---Jaejoong’s POV---

   “Do you think I should ask her out again?” I asked Sooyoung while taking a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

   “Who? Tiffany?” She asked, to which I nodded. Sooyoung got her phone and put it in her bag. “Sure, why not? I mean, second chances are good, right? Yah, shouldn’t you be preparing for school right now?

   “Be quiet, I’m thinking.” I said, my mouth full of cereal, while pointing my spoon at her.

   “Seriously, we have to leave.” Sooyoung said. “We’re already 20 minutes late for the school gate, so we have to go all the way to the very back of the school, which is, for your information, hard to go to because the school is too big. Then, we have to climb a huge wall and get past the school’s top freaky geeks who always tells on people who secretly wall climb just to go inside that hell-like place, which is us.”

   I just blinked at her and asked, “What about those freaky geeks?”

   “Will you just finish your damn cereal already?!”

   When Sooyoung and I got to the front gate of the school, the guards wouldn’t let us in anymore, just as Sooyoung expected.

   “You know, there’s a fair that’s going to open on Saturday night.” Sooyoung said while we were walking to the direction where the ‘huge wall’ was. “You should take Tiffany there.”

   “Fair?” I asked. “But…aren’t fairs scary?”

   Sooyoung laughed. “Geez, where did you get that thought? Jessica and I went to a fair once and, trust me, it’s the very opposite of scary.”

   “Jessica? Isn’t she the one who’s taking care of a kid?” I asked. I first saw Jessica when Minjae, the kid that she was taking care of, went to me and stole my lollipop, and she had to convince Minjae that the lollipop had vegetables in it. “Why do I feel like I’ve known her a long time ago?”

   “Check the yearbook,” Sooyoung said, obviously not caring at all. “Aish…yah, can you give me a lift? This wall was bigger than I thought.”

   Sooyoung was right. The wall was almost as big as our house.

---Yoona’s POV---

   “Yah!” I shouted at Changmin while he was walking. He couldn’t hear me, probably because he had his headphones on, and whenever he listens to music, it’s really loud.

   Changmin turned around, but he was looking down. He wasn’t usually like this—that depressed-looking kind of guy. Maybe he was asleep…or something like that. I went to him, grabbed both of his cheeks, and lifted them up. There was a small bruise near his left eye, which was reddish.

   “W—what happened?!” I asked worryingly, looking at the bruise. I touched his eye and he showed a stingy expression, but I still asked, “Does it hurt?”

   “Does it look like it hurts?” Changmin asked.

   Oh, I get it. He was doing the cold attitude thing.

   “It’s nothing, really.” He added. “Don’t worry about it—“

   “But I’m already worried,” I said right after he said the first half of his sentence. “Tell me what happened.” I was meant to say that nicely, but it kind of turned out like an order.

   Changmin sighed heavily. “It’s just…my dad lost his temper when he was trying to convince me to—never mind.”

   He immediately walked away from me, as if he was avoiding me…was he avoiding me? Why?!

---Sunny’s POV---

   “Sungmin-ah!” Eunsook called Sungmin in what she thought was a ‘cute way’.

   She ran to Sungmin’s direction and locked her arms with his, while Sungmin was just calm. His hands were in his pant’s pockets, but he really looked annoyed.

   “What are you and Sunny doing?” Eunsook asked.

   “We’re just studying.” I said, since Sungmin had been ignoring Eunsook from the day she came.

   Eunsook looked weirdly at the binder that I was holding and asked, “Studying for what?”

   She was about to get the binder, which was full of information about my relatives (whom, by the way, I don’t know), but I blocked her, which made her annoyed, but faked a smile after.

   “See you around…” Eunsook added coldly, then turned to Sungmin and changed her expression to cheerful. “Annyeong!” She waved, and then left.

   “Aish…I seriously want to punch her!” Sungmin said after Eunsook was gone. “Good thing she didn’t see the book, or we’re dead.”

   “I know,” I said while sighing in relief. “Wait…why’s that again?”

   “Because, babo, Eunsook will tell it to her mom, then her mom will tell it our grandfather, to which our grandfather will tell to everyone else, and that’s when you’ll get humiliated for not knowing ANY of them.” Sungmin explained.

   I think my brain lagged when I heard Sungmin’s explanation. What were we talking about again?

   “Oh,” I just said so it would look like I was listening. “Yah, why does Eunsook act like that and does aegyo when she’s with you?”

   Sungmin chuckled confidently and faced the window of a classroom beside him.

   “Eunsook has a crush on me.” He fixed his hair and smiled at himself and stuff like that, while I was looking strangely at him. “She once said that I was too handsome, she’s gonna die.”

   I just stared blankly. “Ew, yuck!” I gagged. “Is that even legal?! I mean, she’s your cousin and, no offense, but you’re not handsome. Come on, you still have to teach me these!”

   I grabbed Sungmin’s arm and dragged him away from the window. I thought he was already over with the topic, but I should’ve thought again.

   “First of all, may I remind you that Eunsook is technically my cousin, but if observe closely, we don’t have a single thing in common. Second, you’re the only person who has never fallen for me, so it’s easy for you to say that I’m not handsome.”

   Okay, maybe I lied. Well, he is cute, a little bit. But I can’t really say that to an enemy, right? Nobody would do that.

   “Anyway,” Sungmin said, rolling his eyes because he noticed that I wasn’t responding to what he said.

   He grabbed the binder from me and pointed a picture of an old man with a sophisticated look and was sitting with a very, very straight body.

   “That’s my—our grandfather, Lee Jumshik.” Sungmin said. “He’s kind of cold to people he doesn’t know, but when you earn his respect, he would be like your own gift shop every Christmas.”

   “…Great.” I sarcastically said. “Now I have to impress a cold old man just to be considered a part of this family. Gosh, I’m so excited.” I groaned.

   ---Sooyoung’s POV---

   “Ow, ow, ow,” I kept saying while walking at the hallway. “I knew wearing heels to school today is a bad idea.”

   So, what happened? Jaejoong and I were trying to climb this huge wall our school built to prevent students from escaping in class hours, and when I was finally ready to jump to the other side, Jaejoong suddenly pushed me.

   I landed on my feet, which was bad because my ankle got sprained. I was about to fall on my , because my ankle really hurt and my feet fall numb, but someone caught me before it happened.

   It was Jung Yunho.

   At the same time, Jaejoong jumped so easily, like he was an anime, or something. He looked at me and Yunho suspiciously.

   “Get a room, will you?” He coldly said and left.

   I forgot that we haven’t moved yet, so I got up immediately. But my ankle still hurt, so (this was the embarrassing part) Yunho had to help me walk, which leads back to the present, where I kept saying ow.

   “Thanks—ow…for—ow—doing that…ow!” I said while trying to bear the pain.

   Yunho suddenly sneezed which sounded quite cute because it sounded more like a puppy sneezing than a human being. Then I remembered that he went home while it was raining and he didn’t have an umbrella or a jacket.

   “Y—you have a cold…and it’s my fault!”

   Yunho snorted. “Are you crazy? You didn’t start the rain, did you?” He opened the door to my classroom.

   “No…but I let you go home without anything warm to wear.” I said, sitting on an empty chair. “I even forgot your jacket at home…”

   “You can bring it tomorrow. Bye!” He waved and left. I suddenly felt smiling for no reason.

   “Well, somebody’s getting closer and closer to Yunho,” Taeyeon, who was seated beside me, teased. “Beware; Tiffany might kill you if you steal him from her.”

   “Pffft. Taeyeon-ah, since when did you talk nonsense? Oh, wait you talk like that everyday, what am I talking about?” I joked. “I’m not stealing Yunho, okay?”

   Gosh, Taeyeon is so ridiculous!

 

Divider.png

To my subscribers -- I'M REALLY SORRY! TT.TT  I hope you guys can forgive me for not updating for months. :( I'm having a really hard time thinking of a good plot. And different ideas (that don't fit in this story) are flooding in my mind that...I had to write another fanfic. LOL. Please don't hate me.

Anyway, I'm going to try hard continuing this fanfic and I hope you're not mad at me. :DD And since school is over for me now, I might update often.

Please leave some comments and I hope there still are people reading this. :D