Chapter 16: Milkshakes, Dog tags, and Make ups.

When In Seoul...

---Yunho’s POV---

   When my doorbell rings, it’s usually Tiffany asking me to do her assignment, or my dad who’ll drive for two hours to Seoul only to yell at my mom for not saving money. But today, it wasn’t Tiffany with her notebook or appa with his limo. It was Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung, the person who I talk the least with and the girl who still hasn’t given my 20,000 Won.

   “Annyeonghaseyo…” She shyly bowed.

   “YUNHO-YAH!” Umma shouted from inside the house. “I’m NOT DONE WITH YOU! Umma came toward me and saw Sooyoung.

   So Embarrassing.

   Seriously.

   Umma just laughed shyly and lowered her voice. “Are you Yunho’s friend? Come in, come in. I’m just going to answer the phone.” She then left and answered the annoying phone.

   “Um…should I…” Sooyoung was probably thinking that she was intruding. “I could just give it to you on…”

   “I think you should come in, or umma will think that I shooed you.” I said, still embarrassed of umma.

   Sooyoung and I sat on the sofa at the living room. This was why we’re awkward: because she’s shy around me and I was the same whenever I was with her.

   “I didn’t really…I mean, it’s not necessary to…I just—“ Sooyoung obviously didn’t know what she should say. Wait…what WAS she doing at my house?

   “Y-yah…umma doesn’t bite…well, to other people, anyway, so don’t panic, or something like that.” I said.

   “Sorry…” She said. It was strange because she couldn’t even look at me. “It’s just…weird to see you wearing glasses.” Oh, yeah. I forgot that I was reading. Aigoo. “And I didn’t expect your house to be THIS big. Well— it’s smaller than mine. A lot smaller, actually. But at least there are the three of us who are living there—well, if you include the maids, we’re all seven. But you and your mom living in a house as big as this? Isn’t that, like, too much?”

   Whoa, she speaks really fast.

   “Uh…yeah. My father used to live here and we had two dogs…” Okay, why was I talking about my estranged father? Worse, with Sooyoung? “And, like other typical stories, my parents separated and stuff. So, why did you come here?”

   “Oh, yeah. Sorry. I forgot about that.” She said, opening her purse. She gave me a phone that looked exactly like mine. “Here, I was walking near Gyeongbok Palace and saw it. But I never thought it would be yours.”

   I chuckled. “Lucky me… What were you doing at Gyeongbok Palace?”

   “It’s my favorite place. It’s shows me how beautiful, even from the beginning, Seoul was. Don’t you think it’s beautiful?”

   “It’s really beautiful. And it kinda is my favorite place, too. I didn’t know you love these kinds of things…”

   “You never asked.” She said. I could suddenly feel that we were talking more and more.

   “We never talked,” I fired back. She was doing that smile that I saw her do the last time I talked to her.

   “I’ll be going now. See you at school. Oh, and I’ll pay you on Monday. Bye!” She turned to umma, who was still talking on the phone. “Thank you for letting me in, Mrs. Jung.” She bowed.

   Umma just answered her with a smile.

---Taeyeon’s POV---

“Maybe he really meant it!” Tiffany said while we were at my room, researching for our group project. “Come one! Just forgive him!”

   “Who’s him?” Umma said, overhearing our conversation. Oh, no. Umma didn’t like it every time we talked about boys. She always said that they interfere with our education.

   “Uh…the chipmunk at the zoo, Auntie!” Tiffany reasoned. “It slapped Taeyeon!”

   “Tiff! We never went to the zoo!” I said. “Um…umma, it’s not that interesting, so don’t ask.”

   My phone suddenly rang. I was about to get it when Tiffany snatched my phone and checked the caller ID.

   She squealed. “It’s Leeteuk-oppa~! Answer it, answer it! If you’re not gonna answer it, I WILL!” Gosh, this girl doesn’t even breathe within periods. I refused to answer it, so she really did it. “Yoboseyeo?”

   Argh! I wanted to get the phone, but what would I do after that? I didn’t wanna talk to him yet…”

   “Huh? Taeyeon? Yep. Don’t worry, she forgives—“That was when I got the phone from Tiffany. “Yah! What are you doing?! OPPA~!”

   “Stop it!” I yelled. I tripped on the wire of my laptop, which caused me to drop the phone. “Yah!” I screamed when all of our projects were erased. “DON’T TOUCH THE PHONE, OR I’LL CALL JAEJOONG!”

   She became calm and just sat on the chair where she sat before.

  
   “Sorry…” I said on the phone. Wait. Why was I the one who was apologizing? “I mean, no. I mean…yes. I’m—“

   “Could we just…talk outside? Like…now?” He said. He was outside. Great. Mission trying to avoid Leeteuk: FAILED.

   When I went outside, Leeteuk was sitting on a bench, reading something. I tapped him hesitantly while trying to look at what he was reading. Oh, it’s a comic book.

   “Can I sit with you?” I said as soon as Leeteuk looked at me. I pretended that I didn’t know what he was reading. “What are you reading?”

   He immediately hid it. “Some…crap. Anyway, I’m here to make it up to you.”

   “What do you mean? And you’re holding my hand. Are you planning to kidnap me again?”

   “Do you like milkshakes?”

   He ignored me, and snatched me. Again. We went to a small restaurant that only has ice creams and milkshakes on their menu and sat on a…colorful spot (the couch was lime green and the center of the table was light blue).

   “So, do you mind telling me your reason for leaving me that day?” I coldly said while looking at the menu. “And stop ignoring my questions.”

   “What will you do to a friend if you knew that everything that she does for you were for a game?” I widened my eyes. I just told him not to ignore my questions! “I’m not ignoring you. I’ll answer your question after you answer this.”

   I scoffed, but answered him anyway. “Of course, I wouldn’t hesitate to murder her! Wait…is ‘she’…you?” I was joking, but he reacted as if it really was him.

   “N-n-no! W-why the heck would you say that?!” He said. “I…left you because…” It took him a few minutes to answer. I didn’t know why, but I knew he was hiding something from me, and that something could ruin our friendship (do we even have one?) “…I had a date with another girl.”

   “Son of a—“ I slammed the menu as hard as I could and stomped my way out of the restaurant without saying any word.

   “W-what about your—“ I closed the restaurant’s door.

---Yuri’s POV---

   “Yuri-yah! Can you come here at the kitchen for a second?” Umma called.

   I went to the kitchen and saw a lot of dishes that needed to be washed and the puppy that Donghae gave me. I haven’t named it yet.

   “Yuri, could you do the dishes? I have to buy bread at the market.” Umma said, getting an umbrella. “Your dog probably ate it.”

   “Umma, don’t blame the dog.” I chuckled while putting dishwashing liquid on the sponge. “See you later.”

   Umma waved her hand and left. I suddenly remembered what happened last night, when Kyuhyun was with me. We weren’t really helping the maids. We were just sitting on the counter, eating whatever we saw in the fridge (seriously, I didn’t even bother looking at the food, because whatever it was, it sure was better than Sunny’s food).

   “So, what are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asked me. “I mean, what are you doing her in Seoul?”

   “How about you?” I ignored his question as I bit the food.

   “I asked you first…I thought you were staying ay your aunt’s at Jejuu. Isn’t that the reason why we broke up?”

   “Um…yeah. But, you know that my mom always goes to different cities,” I said in a low voice. “I…I just never thought that I’ll end up studying at the school where you’re studying.”

   “How about Donghae?” He asked me. What about that guy? “Do you like him?”

   Was he jealous? Gosh, hasn’t he moved on? “Yeah, I guess.”

   He then pulled me closely, which brought us to a bit of an awkward situation (well, for me) where my face was just a few centimeters away from his. I knew what he was going to do. He did this to me when it was our first date. He would pull me too close, and then I’ll feel his breath gushing through my skin. And I’ll just suddenly feel that I was slowly closing my eyes. Every second, my lips were getting closer to his. Closer…and closer…and closer…until it happened. There were sparks flying, like I felt when we had our first kiss. But this time, it was … sweeter, despite the fact that he wasn’t my boyfriend anymore…and the fact that we were at the kitchen.

   The moment was crushed when we heard plates and glasses breaking at the dining table.

   And that was all that I could really remember, since usually forget what other things have happened when something better happens at the same night.

   I then saw the puppy staring directly at me.

   “What?” I said to the dog. “Is it bad to reminisce?”

   I suddenly saw a tag around it’s neck, which only caught my attention today. There was a small card hanging on the tag. I opened it and saw six words that I’ve heard in movies numerous times already, but still shocked me. “Will you go out with me?”

---Yoona’s POV---

   I was walking down the street for a small walk at the park when I saw Changmin doing the same; only he was walking at a faster pace. I decided to talk to him, since it was strange for me not to see him or talk to him at school.

   “Y-yah!” I said while running to his direction. Surprisingly, he turned around and stopped when he saw me. “Can we please…talk?”

   “Okay,” Changmin said without even changing his low tone. We started walking.

   “I’m sorry for being too selfish,” I started. “…and for always forgetting about you.” I was saying all of these, but what was really running through my mind was Changmin’s sudden change of attitude. He acts colder ever since our fight. “…and…for everything.”

   We stopped walking when we reached the park. “Don’t worry, I forgive you.” He coldly said, but he sounded like he meant it. Oh, God, his expressionless…expression. What happened to him?! Did I kill him that night?! “And what happened last time had an upside to it, actually.”

   It had?

   “I got over you.” He added. OUCH. Seriously, there was something wrong with him. I guess he saw my hurt expression because what he said next was, “N—no, I didn’t mean it like that! I mean, I got over the feelings that I used to have for you, not our friendship.”

   Why does it hurt every time he’ll say that he had feelings for me? Was it because I didn’t find it out sooner? Or was it because of the past tense?

   I just faked a smile because even if I was supposed to be happy, I truly wasn’t. “Good. I’m glad I didn’t break our friendship…” I looked down. Something was wrong with me. I wasn’t t like this, at all, when we last talked.

   Now, I felt really awkward around him, even if he was still my best friend. Maybe it’s because we haven’t talked for a while. Wait, we haven’t talked for only two days. What the heck?!

   “Wanna watch a movie at my house later?” I asked. I didn’t know why that question came out. “It’s called Megamind.” I sound lame. Aish…why do I care?

   “Well…we have some relatives visiting us,” Changmin smiled. Thank goodness. I thought he was never gonna smile anymore because of his brand new cold attitude. “But I’ll try.”

   “Okay…Wait! Changmin! What day is it today?” I asked. I suddenly remembered that today, we’ll be best friends for 12 years now.

   He turned around and thought of it for a second. “Oh, yeah! We should be celebrating, right? Then I’ll definitely come to your house.” He said, still looking happy.

   “But…what about your relatives?” I worryingly asked.

   “They’re not that important.” He said, and then started walking again. He waved at me.

   “…Bye.” I mumbled while watching him walk. I sighed heavily because the atmosphere around whenever I was with him wasn’t the same anymore.

 

What do you think of the ChangNa scene? Too dramatic? IKR. :)) And Yunho and Sooyoung's awkwardness is...meh. Hahaa.

 

Anyway, I decided to use an old poster for this chapter and for the previous one, so it won't look boring. I dunno if other people are like me, too, but I'm having a bad mood when there's no color in the fanfic. (Yes, I read my fanfic too :D)

 

Comment, subscribe, and wait for the update~! :)