Chapter 14: A Dinner Disaster

When In Seoul...

---Yoona’s POV---

   “Yoona-yah!” Umma shouted outside my bedroom door. “We’re already starting without you!” Umma was talking about dinner.

   I wish I could come out there and eat, but my eyes were puffy and I didn’t tell her about Changmin being so mad at me and stuff.

   I was just looking at the cute pastel blue carousel (it’s a music box) that Changmin gave me when I celebrated my 11th birthday with him. It was the first time that he came to my birthday.

   “Can I just skip dinner for tonight?” I said loudly.

   “Oh, so now you’re going on a diet because of that Wooyoung guy?” Umma said. “That’s a very good move, Yoona. But when you grow up, you’ll regret doing this because you’ll be having baby fats again.” I heard her footsteps fading.

   Now that umma talked about diets, I remembered what Hyoyeon talked about earlier at school, which made me remember our conversation after that.

   “Do you think I should lose weight?” Hyoyeon asked me in a soft voice so our teacher won’t hear her.

   “You look fine.” I coldly said, not looking at her. I was worrying about Changmin and the part when he said that we were never going to talk to each other again.

   “Yah…are you even awake?” Hyoyeon waved her hands in front of my face. “Oh, I forgot to ask you, what happened last night?”

   I just looked at her exhaustedly and told her everything.

   “So why are you acting like that?” She asked. “It’s not like you’re affected by his anger towards you and his feelings, right? Or you’ve finally realized that he’s always there at your side?”

   “Well,” I started. “It’s disappointing that all of those years that our friendship has taken us were wasted only because of small anger…”

   “Small…anger?” Hyoyeon said a little louder. “Are you crazy? He was raging mad at you, confessed his hidden feelings for you and all, and you still call that ‘small anger’? Okay, now I agree with you.”

   “What do you mean?” I asked.

   “I agree with you that he’s dumb….dumb for loving you. And now you’re disappointed that he only told you this last night because there’s a part of you that loves him too.” Hyoyeon stuck her tongue out and turned the page of her book.

   “No way! Ew!” I was disgusted. “That kind of thing doesn’t run in our family. It’s crazy talk.”

   “Then you’re really in love with Changmin.” Was she even serious? She was too busy tying her hair, so she didn’t saw me mimic her.

   “I told you, I DON’T LOVE HIM!” I said loudly. I saw a few of our classmates glance at us. “At least not that way.”

   As soon as Hyoyeon finished tying her hair up, she slapped me, which caused me to fall off of my chair.

   “Wake up, Yoona!” Hyoyeon shouted. Our teacher gave us a warning glare and turned to the board again. Hyoyeon was now whispering, but loudly. “If there’s no part of you, at all, that loves him in ‘that’ way, then why are you so damn worried about him?”

   Okay, maybe she had a point. I just shrugged and looked back at the board. Then I snapped out from reminiscing and saw the pastel blue carousel's horses moving. I sighed.

---Leeteuk’s POV---

   Taeyeon won’t forgive me for what I did at the park. And Kyuhyun will probably call my father and tell him to ship me somewhere far, far away.

   I called her to apologized again. It was ringing, but she wouldn’t answer. Aish…why did I even leave her there? I banged my head repeatedly on my desk.

   Then the phone rang, which made me jump.

   “WHY?!” It was Sungmin, probably mad at me for not going to his dinner. Darn, I thought it was Taeyeon.

   “Why…what?” I asked while finding a way to hang up. What if Taeyeon was calling me, but the number is busy because of SUNGMIN?!

   “Why didn’t you come?!” I freaking knew it.

   “Oh, you know what?”

   “What?”

I hung up. I guess I’ll just have to apologize tomorrow.

---Donghae’s POV---

   “Dinner’s ready!” Sungmin’s mom called out. All of us were watching TV, except for Sunny who was helping in the kitchen.

   When we were heading to the dining area, I walked beside Yuri and handed her the puppy (did I mention I was holding it?). “Happy Birthday…”

   “My birthday is in 5 days…” She said, sitting on an empty chair.

   “Come on, just hold her.” I said as I sat beside her. I pulled out a leash and grinned. “Don’t worry; as long as you have this, you’re perfectly safe.”

   “Before we start eating,” Sungmin’s mom announced while standing straightly. “Let’s keep our phones and put our pet dog down.” She was referring to me.

   “Sorry…” I said, putting down the dog.

   Sungmin’s mom just smiled and snapped her fingers. Food slowly started to show up. The maids were amazing. They all kept a poker face, as if they were robots. When everyone was about to dig in, a thought suddenly popped out of my mind and next thing I knew, I was raising my hand.

   “What is it???” Sunny said impatiently and rolled her eyes.

   “Uh, Mrs. Lee,” I said, ignoring Sunny. “Are you sure Sunny didn’t put some kind of witchcraft in the food to make it tastier?”

   “Aish…shut up, Lee Donghae!” Sunny pouted.

   “Now, why would Sunny do that?” Haha, Mrs. Lee ignored Sunny, too. “My daughter is a great cook. She’s born with it, so it’s a myth when someone says that she’s bad at cooking.”

   Everybody tried to hold their laughs, while Sunny did one big smack on her head. I saw Sungmin whispering something to Kyuhyun, then Kyuhyun passed it to Eunhyuk, then Eunhyuk passed the message to me.

   I looked at Sungmin and saw him gesturing me to pass it to Yuri, so I did.

---Sunny’s POV---

   Oh, great. Now Sungmin’s whispering things about me. But I was wondering, Sungmin always tells something funny, but why didn’t they laugh? And why did they do it by passing it? Bleh.

   “Come on, eat up.” Umma said.

   I closed my eyes as they started eating. Gosh, I didn’t know what to do when umma finds out that I’m not the ‘best cook’.

   Someone suddenly held my shoulder and said, “Sunny, why are you closing your eyes? Are you tired already?”

   I opened my eyes. It was umma. When I looked at everyone’s faces, it’s like they really loved my dishes, only it was obvious that they were faking it.

   Yuri was finished within five minutes.

   “That was one heck of a meal, Sunny,” Yuri said, still faking a smile. “Mrs. Lee, I’ll clean my plate.”

   “No, that’s okay. The maids will do it.” Umma said.

   “Ooh! I’ll go help them!” Yuri already went to the kitchen before umma could say another word.

   “I’ll help them, too.” Kyuhyun said, following Yuri.

   “And I’m going to the restroom.” Eunhyuk said right after Kyuhyun stood up and went to the wrong way.

   I tasted my food and gosh, I’d rather eat salt forever. I couldn’t take it, but my mom was watching my every bite. Sungmin, on the other hand, was enjoying the scene. So I pretended to drop my knife and pulled the dog’s leash to me.

   “C’mon, boy. Eat it!” I said to the dog, giving the food to him.

   I heard to other spoons drop.

   “Uh…the dog is a girl.” Donghae popped out. “And she doesn’t eat meat. She’s a pure vegetarian.”

   “Then what am I supposed to do with this greasy thing on my hand that’s waiting to be eaten?” I whispered angrily. I turned to Sungmin, who popped out with Donghae. “Nice acting, you little…” I got the knife that I dropped and pointed it at him.

   “Uh…Sunny,” Sungmin said, interrupting me. He pointed at the dog, whom I noticed was pulling out my couture top. “Your shirt.”

   “What the…” I tried to pull my shirt, still holding the knife. The dog’s bite was so hard that I couldn’t get the edge of my shirt out of his mouth.

   “Yah…be careful! She’s afraid of pointed objects!” Donghae shouted. Umma probably heard it because I heard her say ‘what’s going on’.

   Finally, I pulled out the shirt, but my head hit the table. Ow.

---Sungmin’s POV---

   Aish. This babo. Donghae already told her that the dog was scared of pointed objects, but she was still holding it. So, when she hit her head, her hand (where she was holding the knife) was held up because of the force, which made her look like she was really going to stab the dog.

   “YAH!” Donghae shouted.

   The dog climbed up fast on the table.

   “ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY?!” I shouted at Sunny. I checked to see what was happening with umma, whom I heard screaming.

   Aish…Could this get any worse. The dog spilled the juice at umma’s white blouse.

   “U—umma!” I shouted, but she ignored me and stomped her way upto her room. “Aish…”

   “Gotcha!” Donghae happily said when he finally caught the dog.

   I looked at Sunny, who was, obviously, the cause of all this. She sighed heavily and lay down on the floor. I sighed in exhaustion and just banged my head repeatedly on the wall.

 

Yes, Sunny is THAT clumsy in this story. xDD And I'm sorry if everything about this chapter (and probably the next one) is almost about the dinner. :DD I promise I'll give bigger stories to the other characters (I'm talking about Tiffany's story. ^^)

 

Pray for Japan & please comment~! :)