A/N -- Chapter 11: A Ruined Date

When In Seoul...

[A/N]

Heyyy guys. :DD

 

So here's the thing. It might take me long to update this fanfic because for some reason, my PC is always restarting unexpectedly, especially when I'm writing the next chapters on Word (I put the story there first, then I copy&paste it here [:). And once the PC restarts, it would restart again even before I click the 'shut down' button to shut it down and let it rest. :\ So, yeeeaaah. I hope I wouldn't lose subscribers when I come back and update the fanfic again! :D

 

Thank yoooou for understanding (if you did) and please don't leave this story! :(   ^o^

--PiggyRabbit

Edit [04.03.11] -- I got my PC fixed! xDDD So darn happy. Anyway, I hope I didn't lose some subscribers. It will hurt me this much.

And to make it up for you, I'll post two chapters. :DD Please continue reading& supporting. :)

 ---Changmin’s POV---

  “So can you tell me now what we’re gonna watch?” I asked Yoona as we entered the cinema.

   “Sure, I can.” Yoona said, heading to the food station. “The only problem is, I won’t. Hey, what kind of popcorn do you want: Plain, cheese, salt, butter, or caramel?”

   I just stared at her. “Butter and I hate you.”

   “What? You’re going to find out later, anyway,” She said while ordering.

   I scanned the place while waiting for Yoona and to find out what movie were we going to watch. There was a romance movie, slasher, action, and comedy. Then I suddenly saw a familiar face at the ticket line.

   Jang Wooyoung.

   Why did he have to be in the same place as Yoona? Was he stalking her, or something? I just hope he wouldn’t be in the same theater, too.

   When Yoona and I were inside the theater, Yoona rushed into her seat immediately as the movie was about to start. I also found out that we were gonna watch the slasher movie I saw earlier.

   I saw that Yoona was about to sit when she noticed Wooyoung sitting one seat from hers. That empty seat was mine.

   “You can’t.” I said before she could ask me to switch seats with her.

   “Yaaaaaah! Please!” Yoona pleaded quietly. “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Wouldn’t you ask me to switch seats too if you saw Lee Yeonhee seating beside me?”

   “Why would Lee Yeonhee be watching a slasher movie?” I asked, ridiculed.

   “Yoona?” Someone from the back said. Of course…it’s Wooyoung.

   “Oppa!” Yoona said, as if she didn’t realize that he was there all along. “What are you doing here?”

   Wooyoung was doing that smile of his which a lot of people at school (even guys) said that it was ‘cute’. They were obviously blind, no offense. MY smile is cute, too. “I was going to ask you the same thing, although the answer’s already obvious.”

   My eyes suddenly widened when I heard someone call Wooyoung from our back. A girl’s voice.

---Yoona’s POV---

   I honestly can’t see anything right now (the lights were still on) besides Wooyoung’s dazzling smile. And he talked to me…AGAIN! I was so lucky that I picked this slasher movie. And the best part was his seat was beside mine!

   Well…it’s Changmin’s seat, but I know he’ll trade with me somehow.

   I almost jumped out of my skin when someone from behind called Wooyoung’s name. I turned to see who called him. It was a girl about our age. She looked a bit fierce, maybe because of her naturally raised eyebrows and everything.

   She was impatiently waiting for me and Changmin to scooch over so she could sit beside Wooyoung already.

   Wait, who was she? I think I saw her at school once, but why was she sitting beside Wooyoung and kinda like…bragging about it?

   “…” I muttered.

   Apparently Changmin heard me because he told me to calm down and sit already because the movie was going to start. So I sat down and told him to call that girl sitting beside Wooyoung.

   “Do I know you?” Unknown Fierce-looking Girl whispered in an unpleasant tone. I mouthed ‘no’ to which she replied, “Then leave me alone and STOP LOOKING AT MY BOYFRIEND!” She yelled so the people around us could pay attention.

   That’s when I lost my patience and yelled back. “Oh, okay. You want a yelling contest, I’LL GIVE YOU A FREAKING YELLING CONTEST!” I felt Changmin jump as I yelled at Unknown Fierce-looking Girl. Two bulky guards suddenly went in the theater and grabbed my arm. Tight.

   “Ladies, why don’t you do the cat fighting outside?” The bulky guard said as he pulled me and the girl outside.

   Changmin grabbed my wrist. “She’ll be silent, I promise.” He nervously said to the guard. “She won’t do it again, right Yoona?” He patted my head as if I was a dog.

   “Yeah, sure.” I calmly said at the guard, but I was looking at Unknown Fierce-looking Girl, giving her a warning. I wasn’t supposed to do this, but that girl really just pissed me like heck. “Ow! My ankle!” I yelled. I was pretending so I could yell at her. “MY FRICKING ANKLE!”

   “What the…” I heard Unknown Fierce-looking girl say. She yelled back at me by cursing at me. Ha, these kinds of girls are so easy to mess with…

   When we were outside the theater, Unknown Fierce-looking Girl and I were eager to pull each other’s hair that we didn’t care about the people who were looking weirdly at us. We stopped after a few minutes of kicking and head-butting (I know right. As if we’re not girls).

   “Okay, let’s just…do this in…a more…professional…way.” I said, panting.

   “What do you have in mind?” Unknown Fierce-looking Girl asked, panting too and holding her knees. She almost looked like she would collapse any minute (I’d so like that to happen).

   “Why don’t we go back in there…” I was still panting. And my head hurts because she pulled ALL my hair so hard. “And watch that…movie. The one who throws up…will be…Geez, I REALLY HATE YOU FOR PULLING MY DAMN HAIR!”

   “Ha! You make me laugh!” She said as she prepared to go back in the theater. “Everybody knows I’m gonna win this thing.” While she was talking and all, I walked in the theater again and went to our row. “I’m, like, the queen of— Hey! That’s cheating!” I heard her say from the back.

---Key’s POV---

   “Hyung,” Taemin called from the living room. “Umma said that ‘you better get down here or she’s going to take away the TV’.”

   Umma always told that to us since we were 10 and the only time she took away our TV was when she changed it into a new one. “Tell her I said ‘Sure’!” I said in a loud voice.

   I was waiting for a response, but it was noiseless for a few seconds. But then umma yelled.

   “YAH! KIM KIBUM! I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE AWAY THE TV BUT I’M TAKING AWAY THE CABLE!” She shouted.

   Umma’s loud shriek caused me to accidentally put a small pink dot on my desk (did I mention that I bought the keyring I saw down the street and decided to just paint it pink?) I let out a swear word, and at the same time I heard Taemin shriek too.

   “NOOOO!” He shouted. “I’d freaking die without Inkigayo! Hyung get down here or I’ll seriously tell Jessica noona that the keyring is fake!”

   I just rolled my eyes and was about to go down when my cellphone rang. I got it and checked the caller ID… it was Jessica.

   “Hello?” I said, answering the phone.

   “Kim Kibum…” Jessica said in a low, dark voice. “You only have a few days left ‘till I haunt you down and kill you.” I rolled my eyes. “You… don’t like me when I’m angry…”

   Did she just say that? I sighed heavily when umma yelled again. This time her yell sounded as if she was really going to take away the cable. Then I heard Taemin shout ‘Inkigayo’.

   “Shut up, Sica. I found it.” I calmly said while going downstairs.

   “Y—you did?!” She said, changing her tone from weird to excite. I wasn’t sure if was really excited, though. It sounded more like she was nervous. “W—where did you find it?”

   “Uh…” Where DID I find it? I couldn’t just say that I found it at a small shop down the street, lying like a thing waiting to be bought. “Taemin’s drawer…?”

   Jessica cleared and went back to her weird voice. “Bring it tomorrow…or I’ll KILL you!”

   “I’m hanging up.” I said in annoyance.

   “Bye!” Jessica said in a happy tone.

   When I finally touched the kitchen’s ground, Taemin was looking at me with rage and his arms were crossed.

   “What?” I asked him. It was my way of telling people to get out of my way.

   “Umma. Took. Away. The. Cable.” He said in a low voice.

---Yoona’s POV---

   The movie was so disgusting; it makes me want to vomit every time I look at Changmin’s popcorn! But no, I couldn’t vomit because Unknown Fierce-looking Girl would win if I did. But it was really, really disgusting!

   There were these two lovebirds having a date at night and when they were about to make out in the guy’s car, a creepy-looking guy in a dark grey cloak came and axed the guy…literally. The guy’s internal organs were showing up and the creeper picked his intestines up and ate it like there was no tomorrow. And that was the least disgusting part.

   I really couldn’t handle it, so I ran and got out from the theater. I heard Unknown Fierce-looking Girl laugh evilly. That weirdo. I went outside and bent. There I vomited, which was embarrassing.

    “Yah…” I heard Changmin call me. I wiped my mouth with my handkerchief and shut my eyes ‘because I felt like throwing up again. “Are you okay?”

   I turned around and saw Changmin looking very worried…more worried than when my mom was leaving me at home for the first time.

   “I hate it when I lost…” I said in a low voice while walking toward his direction. We started walking to our houses’ direction. “What did he say when he saw me leaving?”

   “Who ‘him’?” Changmin asked. I looked at him and he realized who I was talking about. “He asked me if you were crazy.” He chuckled nervously.

   There was a moment of silence after that. Since we passed by the local park on the way home, we stayed there for a while and sat on one bench that was facing the beautiful view of the lake. I still wasn’t talking.

   “Don’t be offended,” Changmin said, breaking the awkward silence. “But I think he doesn’t have any interest at you…at all. Please don’t kill me.”

   “You’re only saying that because you don’t like him,” I said in a toneless voice and sighed.

   “It’s not that—well, maybe it is, but, earlier at the theater, I asked him…if he likes you, then why was he dating another girl?” Changmin nervously said. “Then he said that he only liked you and he has more interest in that other girl…”

   I sighed heavier and went toward the lake’s fence. “Past tense noted…why did you have to ask that?!”

   “I didn’t want you to get hurt.” Changmin calmly said. Darn it, why did I feel like I want to make him mad? Maybe because he was the only person that never, even once, got mad at me. I felt horrible that I got teary-eyed, but I really, really wanted him to get mad at me.

   “If you haven’t asked that, I would’ve been better!” I was shouting already. “Do you even know what it feels like to see someone you really like date another person?!”

---Changmin’s POV---

   “Yeah,” That was what I wanted to say, but it would make her angrier.

   “And then you’ll tell me this BS that would only make things worse for me...Geez, right now, I just want to jump off in this lake and drown…nobody cares about me anyway.”

   “Y..yah!” Yoona went overboard, seriously. And she was overreacting. “Are you telling me that you would die only because of a person who doesn’t even care about you?!” I heard her sniffle. I chuckled, but it was because everything that was coming out of was absurd. “You know, for a girl who’s smart at everything, you’re pretty dumb.”

   “Excuse me?!” Yoona said in a shocked tone while turning around to face me. “I am dumb? Aren’t you the one who’s dumb for not even worrying about my feelings when you told me about what he said?!”

   I went to her furiously and shouted, “You’re dumb for not knowing that I’ve always been there for you!” Yoona was looking down. “I’ve spent my whole life being on your side and hoping that you would notice me one day, but all you talked about is ANOTHER GUY WHO DOESN”T EVEN CARE ABOUT YOU.”

---Yoona’s POV---

   I sniffled again and wiped my tears. He was freaking right. How could I be so stupid? Changmin was always there, even if I wasn’t noticing him at all. He spent his life suffering just so I could be happy. I was really, really stupid!

   Changmin gave me one last look of disappointment and anger before he started walking silently to our houses’ direction while looking down. But he stopped when he was a few meters away from me.

   “Yoona,” Changmin said loudly from a distance. “I guess we’re never going to talk to each other again, so I thought you should know that…” He paused for a few seconds, and then he looked down. Then he said in a low, soft voice, “I loved you.”

   He started walking again. I, on the other hand, was sobbing again. But at the same time, I was thinking, was he telling the truth? Or I didn’t hear it right?

   I spent another five minutes looking at the lake before going home.