Chapter 22: Is It Too Late To Apologize?

When In Seoul...

 

---Key’s POV---

   “Aish…” Jessica was angry because the PD told us that starting today, me and Jessica (and, of course, Minjae) will be living under the same roof so Minjae won’t have to go to different houses everyday anymore.

   “PD-nim, why do you keep giving us surprises?!” Jessica said, frustrated.

   Mr. Song laughed. “Well, don’t kids love surprises?”

   He was right. But the thing is, we’re not kids anymore. We’re teens. Mr. Song should learn the difference between kids and teens. Still, I remained silent and let Jessica do the talking.

   “Yah, Kim Kibum, help me here!” Jessica shouted at me.

   “But I’m fine with it…” I was not. I just didn’t want to agree with Jessica.

   She just groaned and stomped her way out of the office.

   “…What’s with her?” Mr. Song asked, pointing the door behind him with his thumb.

---Tiffany’s POV---

    It was our free time and I was looking for Yunho because I wanted to apologize to him. I know I should have apologized a few days ago, but I wanted to do it personally and, since he was avoiding me, I couldn’t do it.

   I suddenly saw him. He just came out from a classroom. I ran as fast as I could to his direction and tried to get his attention.

   “Yunho-yah! YAH!” I shouted while grabbing his muscular arm, which I didn’t even know he had one, but he kept removing it. “Can’t we just talk for a minute?!”

   Yunho stopped walking and faced me, though his expression was cold and angry.

   “Since when did you have time for me, Tiffany?” Yunho angrily asked. “You never even talked to me!”

   “I was talking to you, even before this happened!” I shouted.

   “About what? Your homework? Jaejoong? You never talked to me unless it’s about your homework or that guy who had beaten me up because of you!”

   Oh, my gosh. He was right. I only used to talk to him for my…homework. And I just wasted his time for that, but he still listened to me. Geez, I HATE MYSELF!

   “O—okay, fine. Let’s talk right now; I’ll make time for you!” I desperately said.

   Jaejoong suddenly called my name from a distance. Yunho heard it too. He just shut his eyes in annoyance and looked at me with disappointment. I let go of his arm and let him leave, which was dumb of me, while Jaejoong came nearer.

   “…Annyeong.” Jaejoong hesitantly said. “Is Yunho still mad at you?” I nodded. “Don’t worry, he’ll forgive you. I was going to apologize to him, too, but he seemed too frustrated to forgive me.”

   I sighed. “I don’t think he’ll forgive me anymore,” I said in a sad tone. “He already forgave me a million times. I’m relieved, though, that you’re not mad at me anymore.”

   “Yeah, um, that’s because I’m ready to start over with our date…and I’m here to ask you out. Again.” Jaejoong said.

   I was stunned. After I left him at our date last time, he’d still ask me?!

   “I think you deserve a second chance…” He added.

   I grinned. “You think so?” Jaejoong nodded. “Let me think about it…Okay! Can we go to the fair this Saturday?”

   “I was just about to say that,” Jaejoong said while laughing a little.

   Ooh, we have telepathic minds!

---Hyoyeon’s POV---

   “Argh! I really hate Changmin right now!” Yoona shouted while pulling her hair.

   We were having a light snack at the soccer field together with Sunny and Yuri, since we hadn’t done this for months. The last time we did this was the first month of our school year.

   Back then, the soccer coach was absent, so students usually ate their lunch there (and breakfast, sometimes). But, when the soccer coach came back, nobody, except the students who play soccer, ever touched the field again – except for us.

   “I seriously don’t understand your friendship,” Sunny, who just came out of nowhere, said to Yoona. “You always fight, and then in the end, you’ll be best friends again. This is, like, déjà vu. It happened so many times.”

   Yoona glanced angrily to Sunny. “Well, I don’t understand your friendship with Sungmin, either.” She fired back.

   “That’s because we don’t have one, silly!” Sunny threw a piece of gimbap at Yoona, and Yoona threw it back to her.

   “YAH!” I shouted at both of them. After that, I calmed down and said, “Yoona, weren’t you supposed to go to the restroom?”

   “…I was?” Yoona asked, clueless.

   “Yeah, because your hair smells like kimbap…” Okay, where did I even get that? Her hair smelled fine. It smelled like conditioner. “And, Sunny, you should go with her because yours smells worse.”

   “Y..yah—“ Ha, Sunny was so easy to fool. She really smelled her hair. “Ugh, you’re right. Let’s go, Yoona.”

   They both stood up and left, while I collapsed on the grass. I closed my eyes, but Yuri interrupted me.

   “Well, look who’s coming.” Yuri said, wiggling my shoulder.

   I immediately stood up and saw Eunhyuk going towards our direction. He sat down and picked a piece of gimbap from the container in front of me and Yuri.

   “How’s your ankle?” Eunhyuk asked.

   “It’s better, I think.” I said, checking my ankle. “Thanks for doing that at the dance class…”

   “D—doing what? What did he do?!” Yuri excitedly asked me. “Omo, did he—“ I inserted a gimbap in .

   Eunhyuk chuckled and went back to our conversation. “It’s nothing. I don’t need that award, anyway.”

   “You don’t?” I asked.

   “No. I don’t need some kind of award to prove the people that I’m good.” Eunhyuk confidently said. “It makes me look, like, desperate.”

   Yuri made a long “oooooh~”, saying that what Eunhyuk said made me mad. Well, it did. It was kind of offensive. No, it WAS offensive, since I always tried to get the award.

   “…Are you telling me that I’m so eager to win the ‘award’ because I can’t prove everybody that I’m already good just by doing freestyles and stuff?” I asked him with a kind of annoyed voice. “Yah, I’m better than you, if you haven’t noticed!”

   “I—I’m not saying it like that—“ I cute Eunhyuk off.

   “What, you wanna fight? I’LL GIVE YOU ONE!” I shouted as I got my stuff and prepared to leave. “Yuri, let’s just finish eating at another place—no, wait. On second thought, throw the food one by one at that monkey!”

   “W—what?!” Yuri asked, obviously shocked.

   While I was walking, I heard Yuri say, “Mianhae”, which made me look back. Instead of throwing the food at Eunhyuk, she just gave the whole container to him—politely.

---Seohyun’s POV---

   Our biology teacher gave back our test papers for our long quiz, and to be honest, my grades have changed since I met Kyuhyun…I got the lowest grade. I kept staring at my grade written on the paper while walking at the hallway, and then I bumped at someone, which made me drop my paper.

   “Mian—Seohyun?” It was Kyuhyun who I bumped into. My heartbeat suddenly raised. Thump, thump, thump. “Did you already get your test paper from Ms. Han?”

   “Yes,but I dropped it when you bumped me.” I grinned.

   A girl, who I noticed was the student who just transferred here a few weeks ago, approached me and handed me my test paper. She probably saw it lying on the floor.

   “Seohyun-sshi, you dropped this.” She said in the nicest way I’ve ever seen. “Hi, Kyuhyun.”

   S-she knows Kyuhyun?! I turned to Kyuhyun and saw him dazzled by this girl. Gosh, getting Kyuhyun was harder than I thought.

   “Annyeong,” Kyuhyun said. I noticed that he was keeping himself from smiling widely while going closer to the girl. “There’s a fair happening this Saturday, and I was thinking…”

   I seriously cannot believe that they’re doing this in front of me. I know that nobody knew that I have a crush on him, but still, they could’ve…gotten a room, or something

   “uh…sorry, I already am going with someone else.” The girl said.

   Poor him! Ugh, this girl is such a heartbreaker! But the upside of this is that I get to have Kyuhyun. Ha!

   “Who is it?” Kyuhyun asked, obviously trying to hide his disappointment.

   That girl looked elsewhere, to which Kyuhyun followed her eyes.

   “Donghae?” He asked, now a bit angry.

   He just left without saying a word, while the girl just looked down and left me there. Oh, okay. By the way, I was here. They should know that.

   Wait, what’s the girl’s name?

---Donghae’s POV---

   “Yah!” Someone shouted from the back, which interrupted me from playing Angry Birds.

   I turned to the classroom’s door to check who it was and I saw Kyuhyun. He looked a bit angry and he was walking fiercely.

   “What is it?” I asked while putting my phone aside.

   Kyuhyun sighed and said, “You’re going out with Yuri now?”

   “What’s the problem with that? I told you that I like her. I’m just showing that to her, and she’s kind of liking it…kind of.”

   “But she’s my ex-girlfriend!” Kyuhyun said loudly, which got some of my classmates’ attention. “Don’t you know how weird that is?”

   Wait, was he jealous? Does he still have feelings for Yuri? It’s impossible…or not. I suddenly remembered: when Kyuhyun explained to me their relationship, he said that they only broke up because Yuri was moving. And Yuri was the one who broke up, so that could mean that he still loves her!

   But I’m starting to fall for Yuri…

   “Well…I couldn’t avoid Yuri just because she’s your ex.” I said. “And you’ve broken up, so that means Yurii could date any guy she wants.”

   “Any guy but YOU!” Kyuhyun shouted.

   “Even if Yuri dates another guy than me, you’d still be jealous, right?!” I shouted back. This was the first time that Kyuhyun and I had a fight. “Why can’t you just admit that you’re still in love with her?!”

   Kyuhyun couldn’t even face me when I said that, though I could see his raging mad expression.

   “I already moved on,” Kyuhyun blurted after a few seconds, finally facing me. “And I can prove it to you.”

   He then left quickly. What did he mean about the last part that he said?

---Jessica’s POV---

   I can’t believe that Mr. Song did this to me! And I hated Key for being okay with it…well, I hated him ever since I was born, but, now, I hate him more!

   “YAH!” Someone shouted. Oh, it was Minjae. And I noticed that we were standing in the middle of the hallway.

   “Minjae, don’t you have manners?” I scolded him.

   I was about to continue walking when Jaejoong suddenly appeared in front, staring so intensely at me.

   “Eh…annyeong…” I said while looking strangely at him.

   “So that’s what you always look like every time you, you know,” Jaejoong said, still staring at me. “Zone out.”

   I just laughed, still weirdly looking at him. It’s unusual…he talks to me frequently these days. Well, who else would he talk to when he’s angry at Tiffany and always fights with Sooyoung? But then again, there’s…Yunho.

   Now, it got me thinking…what if he’s just talking to me because of Minjae? That means that I have to have Minjae with me everyday. But that’s unfair to key. Speaking of Key, why does he act so jealous whenever I’m around Jaejoong? Ah, maybe it’s one of—

   “Jessica?” Jaejoong said. “Oh, you’re zoning out again – cute. It’s unfair, though. It only happens whenever I’m talking to you…am I that boring?”

   “N—no, I’m just”

   “I better get inside the classroom, sorry.” He smiled. “Minjae-yah, annyeong!”

   I just smiled again. I continued walking when I heard something at the end of the lockers.

   “APPA~!” Minjae shouted. I covered his mouth.

   “Finally, hyung’s making a move.” The person, who I think was Kyuhyun, said and sighed in relief. “He said he kissed Taeyeon yesterday.”

   There were two other guys that were there and they said ‘ooh’ like it was good. Wait a minute, they were talking about Taeyeon! Then maybe…that ‘hyung’ they were talking about was Leeteuk-oppa.

   “Good, I thought he was gonna give up.” It was Sungmin. “But we never were serious about the bet, right?”

   Someone laughed. “Of course, we weren’t,” It was Eunhyuk. “He was just too dumb to find out.”

   BET?! Did they make a deal involving Taeyeon?! Minjae shouted again, which obviously caught the three’s attention because we were the only ones there.

   I. Was. Dead.

   “J…Jessica?” Oh, no. They were all staring at me. I shouldn’t let them stare me down, I shouldn’t!

   “I-I know about y-your b-bet.” I stuttered.

   They started saying things at the same time to me, and I smiled evilly because I finally have something to blackmail them when I need something from them.

   “So you do have a bet involving Taeyeon!” I said. “Spill it.”

   “We won’t.” The three of them said at the same time.

   “If you don’t tell me what it is, I will – to Taeyeon.”

 

Divider.png

Whew~ I thought I wouldn't have the time to update today. :DD Luckily, I remembered this fanfic while watching WGM (WooJung Couple) LOLOLOL. By the way -- I'm so happy there are still people reading this fanfic! >u< Thaaaank yoooou!

Soooo...I'm off to write the 23rd chapter now. :)

 

Please, if you have the time, leave some comments about your thoughts or you could give me words of encouragement. :D