Chapter 18: The Cousin and the Awkward Sorry.

When In Seoul...

---Leeteuk’s POV---

   “So, you’re not mad at me?” I asked Taeyeon while walking with her. She wasn’t responding. She hadn’t talked to me, even if I explained it to her two days ago. She wouldn’t buy it.

   “Oh, no.” Taeyeon sarcastically said. “After you said that ‘you had a date with another girl while leaving me at the woods, I’m not mad at all!”

   She was about to shut the door of the classroom, but I blocked it with my foot.

   “Why won’t you just forgive me?” I asked.

   “Because you’re a jerk and I hate you! In case you haven’t noticed, you haven’t done anything good to me so far, and you made me skip classes!” She was kicking my foot while saying this.

   Why did I even leave her and obey my friends like a puppet? But seriously, though, she gets furious with little things.

   “Could you please that that foot off?!” She added.

   “No.”

   “Fine.” She stomped on my foot. OUCH.

---Jessica’s POV---

   “Yah! You’re beyond dead when I see you!” I said to Key whom I was talking to the phone with. He lost Minjae while he was ‘trying to get a snack for him’. But I think he was just watching the girls practice swimming and didn’t notice that Minjae got bored because he was busy drooling. “I can’t wait ‘till the PD knows about this.”

   “W-wait! Please don’t tell him! We’ll both—“ I suddenly hung up. Not because of frustration, but because I saw the PD, Mr. Song, walking to my direction.

   “Jessica-sshi, annyeonghaseyo!” Mr. Song said. You could tell from his expression that he was looking for something. “Where’s Minjae?”

   “Uh…” I was trying to look at different directions in hopes of finding Minjae. “I was just about to…get him from a friend…of mine.”

   “Okay, and while finding him, let’s start filming!” Mr. Song happily said. But what if I don’t find him? Damn it. The cameramen were already filming, so I guess I had no choice.

   I started looking for Minjae. As I walk, I smile at the PD once in a while to assure him that nothing was wrong, which was so untrue.

   “APPA~!” I heard Minjae shout. I turned to the direction where I heard him and finally saw him playing…with Jaejoong.

   I tapped Jaejoong’s shoulder hesitantly, because this was gonna be the first time that I’ll talk to him. We were classmates in elementary school, but we never really talked…well, he talked to me once and asked me if we had homework, but other than that? NOTHING.

   When he turned around, I was immediately mesmerized by his angelic face. I was zoned out…Oh, yeah. Did I mention that I had a crush on him from 1st grade ‘till 4th grade? Yeah.

   “Um…hi?” He said while looking at me weirdly. Clearly, I was still zoned out. “Hello?”

   “UMMA!” Minjae shouted. I was startled and blinked two times. Aish…how embarrassing!

---Tiffany’s POV---

   What should I do now? Jaejoong’s mad at me; Yunho’s mad at me…my life is falling apart!

   “Tiffany? TIFFANY!” Someone shouted at me. It was our cooking teacher. “Your food is on fire!” Aw, gosh, what’s happening to me? After I put out the fire, I went out of the classroom to breathe some fresh air. That fight really disturbed me. I was about to get my phone and text both Yunho and Jaejoong when I noticed someone standing beside me.

   It was that guy whom I bumped into earlier. He was a few meters away from me. We were both leaning against the wall.

   “You’re still here?” I asked him from the distance. I guess he just noticed me when I talked because he kind of jumped. “Sorry…for startling you…”

   He just chuckled and went near me. “That’s okay. Like you said earlier, I should meet up with her later, so I’m waiting ‘till the class is over. But what about you? You looked disturbed.”

   “Uh…it’s nothing to worry about, really…” I bit my lower lip. Was it that obvious that I have a problem? While I was looking down, I saw him holding a small rectangular box.

   “Not that I’m trying to interfere with your business, or something, but what’s inside that box?” I asked, still looking at the box.

   “This?” He asked, looking at the box, too. “It’s just a small necklace for Yuri. I want to court her, but I can’t because her ex-boyfriend is studying here.” He showed me the necklace. It was beautiful.

   “Kwon Yuri? The new student? Wow, she’s really lucky to meet a guy like you. I mean, not because of the necklace. You just seem…nice.”

   I’m jealous with that girl. When I was new here, nobody approached me except for Yunho. Aish…I’m getting disturbed again! I bowed a little to the guy (whom I’ve been talking to for some minutes now, but still don’t know his name) and started to walk, but I was stopped when he said my name.

   “Tiffany,” He said. I turned around, wondering how he knew my name. “That’s your name, right?”

   I nodded.

   “Y-you know, you’re the first person to tell me that I’m nice…gumawo.” He smiled. “My name’s Lee Donghae.”

   I smiled back and said, “See you around. And by the way, the necklace is beautiful. I know Yuri will love it.” I continued walking as the bell rang.

---Sunny’s POV---

   Earlier, while Sungmin and I were on our way to school, he told me about my cousin who’s really competitive and dreams to be staying in the house, because umma was her favorite aunt.

   Sungmin told me that I should watch my back because she’s my real enemy and she might take my place at our house.

   “The ‘real enemy’?” I thought to myself while looking at the blackboard so I could pretend that I was listening. “And her nickname is Sunny, too? I can’t believe this…I’m the only Sunny here…but then again kicking me out wouldn’t be a bad idea. I won’t have to live with my enemy anymore. But after saving me and giving me the last low fat milk to me, I don’t think he’s that bad. Why did we even become enemies—“

   “Pssst! Sunny!” I heard someone whisper to me. It was Yuri. “Snap out of wherever you are! The teacher is asking you something.”

   “Lee Sunkyu! Sleeping with your eyes open, huh?” Our cooking teacher scolded me.

   “Uh..N—no, Ms. Han.” I said, trying to think of an excuse. “I’m just…can I go to the restroom?” I asked while grinning. Ms. Han raised her right brow and rolled her eyes.

   “Hurry up,” She said in an annoyed voice. “Or you’ll be locked outside. We have to lock up the classrooms so no one would go out.”

   I immediately ran outside the classroom to consume time. It was strange that no one was cutting classes today. I mean, it was their habit…unless there’s a newcomer at our school! So that’s why Ms. Han said they’ll lock the rooms.

   The principal locks everyone up whenever there’s a newcomer so no one could cut classes. If no one cuts classes, the newcomer will have a good first impression.

   I started walking to the direction where the restroom is when someone grabbed my arm really tight and pulled me in a dark area.

   “She’s here,” The person said to me. When I faced that person, it was the self-obsessed, milk-drinking Lee Sungmin. “The other Sunny is gonna study here, too.”

   “What are you talking about?” I snorted. But when I looked at him, I knew he wasn’t kidding. “N…no way! She can’t study here! She’s already going to steal my mom, and now, she’ll steal my friends?!”

   “You’re paranoid,” Sungmin said, giving me a weird expression. “Let’s just go and find her.”

---Yunho’s POV---

   “So who started it?” The nurse in our clinic, whose name was Jinwoo according to her name tag, asked while putting an ointment on my bruises. “Kim Jaejoong?”

   “Yeap…that guy seriously has issues.” I said while holding a bag of ice and putting it on my left eye. “He just punched me for no reason.”

   “He can’t just punch you whenever he wants to,” Nurse Jinwoo said, getting something from the cabinet. “There’s a reason for everything. Maybe you did something to him, or you’re fighting over a girl.”

   I bit my lower lip. How did she know?! Someone suddenly knocked and opened the door. It was Sooyoung. She was looking down as if she committed a serious crime. She went near me and did a 90 degree bow.

   “Y…Yunho-sshi…I’m really, really sorry for what my brother did…” She shyly said, still looking down. “Please forgive him…and also…forgive him for not apologizing to you personally.

   I didn’t say anything. I was speechless. That Kim Jaejoong even made his sister apologize for him! Isn’t he even ashamed of himself? Sooyoung probably noticed that I wasn’t saying anything because she started talking about…food.

   “Uh…do you wanna go for a lunch or dinner sometime?” She said, panicked. Maybe she thought that I wouldn’t forgive Jaejoong. “I’m going to pay for everything that we eat.”

   I still wasn’t moving a muscle.

   “O—okay, think about it. Just text me. No, wait. You don’t have my number. I’ll…I’ll just…see you around.” Sooyoung said without pausing and left.

   “What just happened?” I asked. My mind blew up because of Sooyoung’s fast talking.

   “Your enemy’s sister asked you to dinner,” Nurse Jinwoo said, eating choco pie. “Geez, I’m existing for 29 years now and this is the first time that I saw a girl asking a guy for a dinner. What’s happening to kids these days? You don’t even have her number!”

   “Is that…bad?” I asked, kinda guilty that I didn’t have Sooyoung’s number. Well, Sooyoung’s number is the ONLY number that I don’t have.

   “YES! Now, you’re not gonna turn her down, are you?”

   “…I guess you’re right.”

---Eunhyuk’s POV---

   “Whoa, I expected you to beat her at dancing, not karate.” Kyuhyun joked. We were at the school garden, below the rooftop, cutting classes.

   “I told you, I didn’t break her leg!” I said, irritated, for the fifth time. “Are you acquiring a selective memory loss in Starcraft, or something?”

   Kyuhyun bit his apple, not even caring if I was already annoyed at him. “There’s no such thing.” He said.

   There was suddenly a sound of a car stopping outside. Kyuhyun looked from the garden’s balcony and suddenly let out a swear word

    “Come on, Hyuk. The principal’s here and there’s 2% chance that we won’t get caught.” He hurriedly said while getting his backpack. “Oh, wait. Make that 1%. They probably locked the classrooms already. Damn it.”

   “So there’s a new student? Again?” I said while packing up my things. “Geez, why do they still let students in when we already completed half of the semester?”

   I went to open the door, but it was locked. It was then my turn to swear. “We. Are. Dead…oh, wait. We’re already in hell. What am I talking about?”

   I tried to kick the door but I guess the school owner ordered a metallic doorfor the garden. How do plants even breathe here?

   “What are we gonna do now?” I desperately asked.

   “We’ll think of something.” Kyuhyun calmly said and sat in front of the door. He sure was a weird guy.

---Seohyun’s POV---

   I gotta say being a part of the student body was great. You wouldn’t be locked in a social-killing cage. You’re gonna be the one to lock them up. And it just makes me feel awesome to see the other students’ dying faces when I start locking up those doors!

   Oh, wait. That was just too evil.

   Anyway, I was on my way to check if there were people who were cutting classes. They usually hang out at the upper school garden below the rooftop, so I went there. I walked faster than usual because I heard some footsteps following me, really.

   I unlocked the door of the garden and my soul almost jumped out of my body when there were two people who suddenly popped out. Wait a minute…

   “K…Kyuhyun?” I said, shocked. “Y…you cut classes?”

   “Only biology,” He said and did that heartwarming smile he kept doing last Friday. “Yah, Eunhyuk. This is a friend of mine from biology, Seohyun. Seohyun, meet the monkey.”

   I know I was supposed to laugh at that part, but I was so dazzled by Kyuhyun’s face and at the same time, replaying the part where he said that I was his ‘friend’ over and over, and over again. But then, a creepy hand suddenly touched my shoulder, which made me, for the second time, jump.

   I gasped loudly and turned to the direction where the person, who touched my shoulder, was. “Eh…Mr. Principal? How did you get here so fast?”

   “I’ve been following you, Ms. Seo, to check if you’re really doing your job.” Our principal coldly said. So he was that creepy guy…

   “So you were the creepy guy…” I mumbled. Then I remembered that I was IN FRONT of the principal who could kick me out and let my dad know that he did, and then my dad will ship me to Canada and home school me with his best friend’s daughter who still believes in Santa Clause and fairies. She’s 18.

   I was just staring while thinking all these. I blinked a few times and immediately said, “I—I mean, no…You’re not the creepy guy—wait. You are, but you’re not creepy, so…” I just looked down and smacked my forehead.

   I heard Kyuhyun laugh lightly, which made the principal turn his attention to him. “And who are these two young men wandering around the garden? Cutting classes? Good, let’s go to my office and talk about how long your suspension will be.”

   “WHAT?!?!” The three of us asked in a loud, shocked voice in unison. I looked at Kyuhyun and his friend’s expressions and they seemed…I dunno, busted?

   Gosh, I never cared for someone this much before. I suddenly thought of something, as if a light bulb had appeared above my head.

   “Uh…Mr. Principal,” I nervously said. “A…actually…I tricked them…You see, um…I told them to go here and get something. But…I locked them in…so if anyone should be suspended, it should be me.”

   I was turning pale. I sighed. Seo Joohyun, get ready to go to Canada. “Hmm…well, you are some girl, so it is possible that you’re telling the truth.” The principal said. “Well, Ms. Seo, I’m not going to suspend you, but I will kick you out of the student body.”

   He turned around and was about to leave when he turned again. “Oh, and tell your guy friends that they’re lucky they have you.”

   Of course, they were. Where would their butts be right now if it weren’t for my clever thinking? Um…well, I just got lucky enough to think of it, but whatever.

   “Okay…we kinda have to go now,” Eunhyuk awkwardly said while walking out from the garden. “So thanks miss.” He immediately ran and was gone in a second.

   “Kyuhyun, on the other hand, faced me and patted my head. “Thanks, Seohyun. You really saved our lives.” He then walked calmly and left. I was just stoned because…he touched me!

 

Sungmin & Sunny's cousin is a fictional character 'cause I can't think of any other K-Pop idol that fits as their enemy. LOL. I can't use Wonder Girls anymore 'cause Sunye was already Tiffany's enemy, and maybe some people would think that I hate WG.

I LOVE THEM.

:D

So, if you don't know what 'Eunsook' looks like, just think of your sworn enemy, or any other K-Pop idol you want. Hahaa.

----

My grandmother just died today. TT-TT I hope she's doing well, wherever she is now. :(

---

Please leave a comment! :)