Chapter 10: Meeting with the ex & Going to Hang Out With Yoona. Finally.

When In Seoul...

---Taeyeon’s POV---

   “One day left, and I can finally relax and just read the weekend version of tabloids!” Jessica said while we were walking on the sidewalk.

   “Which reminds me, I have to visit Jaejoong.” Sooyoung said, her ice cream.

   “Hunh?” Oppa’s still at the hospital?” Tiffany worryingly asked. We sat on a bench nearby. “Aw, I’m getting worried!”

   “What happened to the two of you, anyway?” I asked because Sooyoung and Jaejoong are only close about one thing: annoying each other. “I still don’t get why he kept saying your name after he woke up.”

   Sooyoung sighed heavily. “Okay, I have never told this to anyone before because it will ruin me and my brother’s reputation as the ‘brother and sister annoying each other, day and night’. But, here it goes. We were kids when it happened. He had asthma and I took his inhaler, just for fun.”

   “Babo…” Jessica chuckled while opening the bottled water.

   “Well, like I said, we were kids. Anyway, he suddenly started breathing weird. I just laughed it off because it sounded funny, but then he started coughing really bad. So I was about to get his inhaler from my bag, but it fell in the water—“

  “Then why didn’t you just get it?” I said.

   “How could I get an inhaler when it fell in a 20 feet river?” Sooyoung was starting to get annoyed.

   “What were you guys doing near a 20 feet river?” Tiffany asked, ridiculed.

   “It was our hideout! Gosh, you guys. I’m telling a story here. So yeah, I was panicking already because of that irritating cough. I was so worried about him, so I jumped to the river and tried to get the inhaler—“

   “But you couldn’t swim…” We all said, stunned that she’d do something like that just to get Jaejoong’s inhaler.

   “…Yeah.” Sooyuong was looking at us weirdly. Well, we did look almost teary. “And next thing I knew, I was at the hospital and Jaejoong was waking me up. He was better than before, but still coughing a little.”

   We were just staring at her.

   “So who wants to come with me to visit him?” Sooyoung asked, ruining that sad atmosphere.

---Leeteuk’s POV---

   We were hanging at the rooftop, as usual, while eating our breakfast (we usually get up late and just eat it at school).

   “So how was your day with Sunny?” Donghae said, still laughing about the fact that they get to live together.

   Sungmin just gave him a death glare and went back to eating.

   “We really should arrange a dinner at Sungmin’s house to know how it feels to be living with your enemy.” Eunhyuk said, helping Donghae piss Sungmin off.

   “Tomorrow!” Donghae added. They gave each other a good high five.

   Sungmin just rolled his eyes and turned his head in my direction. “Hyung, how’s Taeyeon?” Sungmin said, trying to ignore the fish and the monkey.

   I was supposed to say “I can’t do this anymore, she’s too kind!”, but first of all, I’m beyond toast if Kyuhyun tells my dad about my low grades, and second, they’ll think that I’m weak.

   “I think I’m making progress…” I bragged. “And I’ll prove you that I could make her fall in love with me…although that wasn’t my intention last time. I just said that let’s show her what ‘real fun’ is—“

   “BRING HER TOMORROW!” Donghae and Eunhyuk shouted at the same time, which made Sungmin cover his ears. “JINX!” They both said again.

   “Wow, you really have thte courage to do this…” Kyuhyun said to me while ignoring Donghae and Eunhyuk. “I wish we just didn’t make the deal. When I bumped her last time, I felt that she’s very nice.”

   “Then let’s just cancel the freaking deal!” I said happily.

   “Can’t, it’s already sealed.” Kyuhyun said while packing up his breakfast.

   “Kyuhyun-ah! Let’s pick up Sungmin tomorrow morning.” Eunhyuk said.

   “Sorry, I have to do my project in biology tomorrow.” Kyuhyun waved and left.

   “Sungmin, we called your mom and she said we can definitely have dinner in your house.” Donghae said.

   “SERIOUSLY?!” Sungmin said, horrified and put his palm on his face.

---Tiffany’s POV---

   Sooyoung knocked on the door and entered. “Jaejoong-ah annyeong!” She cheerfully said.

   “Unni!” A girl said, standing up to greet Sooyoung. She was me behind and said, “Huh? Who’s your friend?”

   Sooyoung turned her head and pulled my arms. “This is Hwang Tiffany. Tiff, this is Min Sunye, Jaejoong’s friend.”

   “GIRLfriend.” Sunye corrected., raising her index finger. She glanced at me suspiciously.

   “Ex.” Sooyoung said, shooing her. “Jaejoong-ah…”

   Jaejoong wasn’t waking up.

   “Oppa…” That was the first time that I heard Sooyoung call him ‘oppa’.

   He still wasn’t responding.

   “KIM JAEJOONG!!” Sooyoung finally shouted.

   “Huh?” Jaejoong opened his eyes a bit. Then it got bigger when he saw me. “T-Tiffany? What are you doing here?”

   “Wait…you know each other?” Sunye was surprised, and not in a good way.

   “Oh, no. Jaejoong doesn’t have a clue who this girl is, despite the fact that they go to the same school, hang out sometimes, and gives her stolen teddy bears every day.” Sooyoung said to herself sarcastically. It seemed like she doesn’t like Sunye.

   “Sooyoung-ah, I’m hallucinating again~” Jaejoong said weakly.

   “Me too,” Sooyoung jokingly said. She turned her head to me and said, “I know he sounds kinda weak, but he’ll be better tomorrow.”

   “HELLO? Why isn’t anyone talking to me?” Sunye said.

   Sooyuong stood up from the bed and grabbed Sunye. “Sunye, could you go get some food for us, since you’ve been sitting here for like…ages now.” Then quickly shut the door at Sunye.

   “So, you didn’t tell me you had a girlfriend.” I said, kinda frustrated.

   “Tiff, I barely even remember being with her! I last saw her when I was like 9…or 10…” He reasoned. Oh, good. Now he doesn’t sound weak.

   “I remember the time when you dumped her by putting ice cream on her face…” Sooyoung said while laughing. “But anyway, you gotta be ready for anything that Sunye will do. She just might crush you for snatching Jaejoong from her.”

   “She looks…nice, I guess.” I lied because she might be listening outside. And no, I don’t like that girl. And Sooyuong was right. I have to watch out for that Min Sunye person. She looks fierce.

---Changmin’s POV---

   “Guess what?” Yoona asked cheerfully while we were walking to our next class. I just blinked at her a few times. “Um, you’re supposed to say ‘what’.”

   “Huh, what?” Obviously I wasn’t paying attention at what she was saying. I was too busy wondering if she was going to talk about Wooyoung again. “Did Wooyoung finally kiss you under the moon?”

   Yoona chuckled and punched my arm lightly. “No, silly. You’re always thinking about Wooyoung-oppa.” She showed me two movie tickets. “You’ll go on a date with me tonight.”

   “W-what?! A…a date?!” I said with a shocked expression.

   “Yeah, just like what my friends and I do every night.” She said, looking weirdly at me.

   “Oh.” My shocked expression was crushed when I heard the part where she said that it’s what her friends do. “That date.”

   “What? Don’t tell me you’re going to skip this! I had to skip my friends’ weekly TV show marathon so I could spend time with you…” Yoona was pouting. She does this whenever she wants to make me feel guilty, and I’m dumb for always falling for it. “Please~!”

   I couldn’t stand it. It wasn’t just the pout anymore. She was making her eyes watery! “Okay, okay. Just stop doing that!”

   She just squealed and hugged me tightly. It was really strange of her to be hyperactive, so I asked her what happened.

   “He asked me on a dinner at their house last night…Woo—“

   “What…are we going to watch?” I asked, trying to change the topic. It really, REALLY bugs me whenever she talks about that guy. I just wish there would be a time that she won’t even think of his name.

   “It’s a surprise. See you tonight!” Yoona cheerfully said and waved at me. She went in her classroom, while I faced the direction where I heard my name.

   It was Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Yuri.

   “What is wrong with HER?” Sunny asked me, looking weirdly at where Yoona just went into earlier. “Did you, like, drug her?”

   I just shrugged. “It seems that it’s about her dream guy again,” Hyoyeon said while putting on her headphones. “Last night she called me and she sounded so urgent! But then, I found out that it was just about Wooyoung. Sheesh, that guy…”

   “What do you think about him, Changmin?” Sunny asked.

   Why was she asking me that?! She knows that I have a crush on Yoona (though I really didn’t wanna admit it). Oh, wait. EVERYBODY knows that I have a crush on Yoona, so I’m obviously not good with the fact that Wooyoung is making me invisible.

   While I was thinking this inside, I realized that I was just staring at them like a weirdo, so I just shrugged again and tried to get away from them.

 

I'll be doing Chapter 11 now! ^^