Chapter 5: Flashbacks

When In Seoul...

~Jessica’s POV~

   I was walking to the direction of my house after school ended when I suddenly remembered my keyring. I recalled that time when my friends and I were taking about it. I even remembered the arguments that we had then.

The day Key stole my keyring...

   "I don't know about you guys," Sooyoung started. "But I wouldn't doubt it if Key doesn't find it. He only cares for himself...like Jessica."

   I immediately glared at her when I heard my name. "Yah, yah...I'm nothing like that creature. I'm friendly, approachable, underst--"

   Taeyeon covered my mouth and nagged at Sooyoung. "Do you even know Key to talk about him like that? Sooyoung, every person has a good heart. Even the meanest person on earth has a tiny bit of goodness in him."

   "What? That's just impossible, okay." Sooyoung said, fighting back. She stood up a little and continued, in a loud voice, "My brother doesn't have that good heart shizz. He's a stuffed toy stealer. STUFFED. TOY. STEALER."

   "You don't know that, either!" Tiffany, who obviously decided to join so she could defend her precious oppa, retorted. "You're his sister. Of course, you would say that! You..."

   They kept debating (not about my keyring, but about Jaejoong and whether he has a good heart or not) until I had enough. I thought Tiffany could help me stop Taeyeon and Sooyoung, but it turned out that she was the combination of both.

   "YAH!" I half-shouted, half-screamed. Taeyeon and Sooyoung stopped pulling each other's hair, and Tiffany sat back down with frightened anime-like eyes, getting her compact mirror and started fixing herself. I showed them a pink little shoe keyring.

   "Holy...!" Tiffany said when she saw it. "H...How the...wait. I think I'm confused right now."

   "But I thought Key stole it." Taeyeon said. "How...what...where--wait. You...the---"

   "You're stammering now," Sooyoung said and hit Taeyeon's head with a pillow. She then turned to my direction. "He did steal it, right? Because it would not make sense if you say that he stole it, but then you have it...would it?"

   Tiffany closed her compact mirror shut. "How did you get it back?"

   "Simple. I just pushed him really hard, which made the keyring fall off, and I got it like that." I snapped my finger. "Now, this is what I'm going to do. If he does an effort to find it, I may forgive him for everything that he has done, but just a little."

   "Good idea, Sica. But what did you tell him to make him find it?"

   I chuckled. "Three words, Tiff: act-ing-skills. I told him that it was given by my grandmother, which is true, and get my eyes to cry."

   Everybody laughed, thinking that I exaggerated it. But what could I do, right? I just had to prank him. And he definitely deserved it. Since he always pranked me everyday for twenty-four hours, it was my time to make him payback.

Back to the present...

   I saw Key going through some random bush at the park. Trying to find my keyring, maybe?

 

~Leeteuk’s POV~

   I was starting to have second thoughts about that thing my friends made me do. I now regret agreeing to something as ridiculous as that. But if I don't do it, they would tell my dad about my failing grades and he would send me to another school...or probably the military.

   No, that's not possible. They're my friends. They couldn't possibly do that, right? I mean, that would be an incredibly evil thing to do, considering that it's my social life involved. That would be just mean and friends don't do mean things to other friends.

Wait. That's not possible, either. Aish...whetever. What was the point of thinking about this? I wasn't going to back out, anyway.

2 months ago...

  I was thinking about the Jungsoo-is-transferring-school-whether-you-like-it-or-not conversation I overheard at home when Donghae suddenly nudged me. "Hyung, look at her." he said while pointing at Taeyeon. "She's always holding a book. Isn't it insane?"

   Kyuhyun chuckled. "I guess she's one of those people who got accepted in this school because of their CSI-esque intelligence."

   "I'm one of those people too." I jokingly said, and then put on serious expression. "I've always wondered...do people like them ever have fun?"

   "I guess not," Sungmin said, observing Taeyeon, too. We were now all looking at her. I was quite surprised that she didn't notice us. "I mean, look at her. It almost looks like she has her own world with that book. Maybe that's where they have fun."

   I sighed. "I pity her. No, scratch that. I pity everyone who is like her. Sometimes, I just want to steal their books, burn it, and then drag them to an ice rink, or even just a park." Everyone looked weirdly at me. "Kidding. What I mean is, I just want them to experience the life of a normal teenager. W can help them, you know, socially."

   "No, we can't." Donghae said.

   "Sure we can." Sungmin said breezily. "As long as Leeteuk hyung does it."
Everybody agreed.

   "Hyung, let's make an agreement." Kyuhyun playfully said with his evil eyes.

   "That's right!" Sungmin said. "I heard people like Taeyeon don't experience such things as crushes and fangirling. They never fall in love--"

   "So make her fall in love with you!" Donghae added. "And if not..." He started thinking of a consequence.

   "Ah!" Sungmin snapped his finger. "We'll tell your dad about your grades--wait, I think that came out wrong."

   "Good idea." Kyuhyun suddenly made the nost delinquent smile I have ever seen. "So, deal?" He reached out his hand.

   Donghae's and Sungmin's jaws dropped. That was a deadly consequence. They shouldn't even consider that as a consequence because that could mean a death sentence for me! How dare they do that! I just looked at Kyuhyun's hands, hesitating. "Deal."

 

~Sunny’s POV~

   I was in front of our house when I suddenly felt something thick under my shoe. It was a small pile of envelopes; our monthly bills. We haven't paid our bills for the past three months, which explained me the continuous shortage of water and electricity. I went inside and called my mom while looking at the huge numbers printed on the most recent bill.

   "Umma!" I called, but no one was answering, so I called again. "Umma?" I kind of started to panic, since whenever I would call my mom, she would respond cheerfully. After I checked my room, I finally say her there, sitting sluggishly.

   "Sunny...we need to talk." My mom said while looking at a picture. I sat beside her and peeked at what she was looking at.

   "Umma, why are you looking at that picture?" I asked. I saw a woman wearing a dress full of ruffles, she almost looked like a human curtain. "Who are those people who are wearing extravagant dresses?"

   My mom ignored me and pointed out the little girl in a cute baby blue dress. "Doesn't she look beautiful?"

   "I guess so. Who's that?" I looked at her deeply, and then suddenly gasped. "I have a sister, don't I? I knew it!"

She hit my head and said, "Babo! It's you, see? You have the same expression right now."

   She was right. We had the same 'ouch' face right now. But, does that mean that my mom, who lives at a small horrifying apartment with a daughter, was rich back then?

   "So what do you want to talk about?"

   "Um... about that. You know that we've been having financial problems lately, right?" I nodded. "Every month, it's just getting worse. And it won't support the both of us for sure, so I decided that..." She didn't get to finish her sentence because I saw tears streaming down her eyes already.

   Why did I have the feeling that this will be a bad news?

   After a few moments, she heaved a sigh and continued, "You will have to live with your real mother."

   Wait, what?

   "Permanently."

   What?!

   "She's rich enough to take care of you, and she has a son, so you'll be happy there. You've always wanted a brother or asister, right?"

   My mom was happy for me. I, on the other hand, was confused and stunned. Very stunned. "R--real mother? P--permanent...?! GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

 

~Tiffany’s POV~

   "Yunho-yah! Will you help me with my assignment? Pleeeaaase?" I pleaded Yunho while we were looking at the beautiful Han River. He loved going here whenever he is in the mood. "Our teacher is making us write an essay about the city. Its history, iconic places, blah, blah, blah."

   "What? Why don't you just research it on the internet?" Yunho said, not even bothering to look at me.

   "B-but you have the finest explanations about everything! You're like my secret geographic book. Or something like that. Please?" I made a sad face.

   He finally looked at me. I guess he was convinced with that reason because he sighed heavily and then started blabbering.

   "I can only tell you one thing. Seoul was created thousands of years ago, maybe about...17 B.C.” He sighed again, with a tiny hint of smile this time. "I don't really know much about the history, but I know its beautiful places, like the one we're staring at right now."

   I looked at the river and it really was beautiful. I don't know if Yunho saw it the way I did because I had the feeling that he was staring at me, instead. Honestly, I sometimes think that I'm only using him. I never even had lunch with him and we've been friends since I moved here, so I thought of an idea.

   "Do you know where Gyeongbok Palace is located?" I asked him. He nodded, trying to distract himself from something. "Let's take a trip there, on Friday."

   "Um...I can't, I'm sorry. I may have other plans." Yunho reasoned. Okay, was I really that bad of a person to be rejected by plans?

   I sighed. "But I was thinking that we could have at least one whole day where it's only the two of us."

   "W-what?!" Yunho was smiling slowly. "The two...of us?"

   I nodded. He smiled even more brightly. I guess the answer was 'Okay'.

 

    wut     

 

For those who are waiting for Yoona and Changmin's story: Pleease wait a little bit more! ^^"" I promise that there's gonna be a part that it's (almost) all about ChangNa. :D

Comments and suggestions are, as always, more than welcome. :) And no silent readers, please!

 

Thanks for still reading~ ! *thows hearts*