Chapter 4: New friends, Stuffed toys, and Failed confessions.

When In Seoul...

~Sungmin’s POV~

   "I'll dare her. Yes, it's a good idea..." I said to myself, already thinking of Sunny's pissed off face once she gets her dare. I was at one of the school's unused classrooms with my friends. Since it was only a cooking class, we thought of not attending it because, like Donghae had said, the school would burn into flames if we did.

   Donghae gave me a puzzled look. "Huh? But aren't you and Sunny friends?" he asked while putting on his headset.

   I thought about it a little. "Well, that's what friends do. Right, hyung?" I turned to look at Leeteuk.

   "Oh, right. I forgot about that." Kyuhyun blurted, remembering something. "How's the dare thing?"

   There was a long moment of silence when Leeteuk didn't respond to Kyuhyun's question.

   "Hyung, you're still going to do it, right?" I said with a worried expression. He couldn't back out from our dare. We, ever since we were kids, have never backed out of anyone's dares, especially him.

   "Of course, but...you know, I just don't like to hurt people's feelings." What, was he serious? Since when did he ever talk like that?

   Donghae let out a small laugh. "But that girl has no feelings. She only feels somethng when she fails a test, which I highly doubt she has ever failed in one, and when...well, when she fails a test."

   "Think about it, hyung. It's almost like you're doing her a favor." Kyuhyun said, getting ready to leave. At the same time, the bell rang. He opened the door and added, "Besides, you're the one who suggested that we change her attitude."

 

~Yuri’s POV~

   "So, you're new here? In the city, I mean?" Sunny, the first classmate who talked to me, asked.

   "Yeah, kind of," I nervously said. I never made new friends at a school this easily. Back in my old school, they totally loved torturing newcomers. One of the people there told me that they do it because it made them feel superior. My .

   "That's nice. So what's your favorite subject?" Sunny asked. "Mine is obviously cooking. And not that I'm bragging or anything, but I am the best cook this school has ever seen."

   "Not," a tall guy said, which Sunny hissed at.

   I laughed a little. "Who's that?"

   "Definitely not my friend," she said while glaring at him. "His name is Changmin. His hobbies are skipping classes - just like everyone else - and he has a secret crush on my friend Yoona, which I think is kind of adorable."

   Sunny just told me a secret. Does this mean we were already friends? "Well, it's not really a secret anymore, since you told me. So where are we going next?"

   "We are going to everybody's favorite place: the cafeteria."

 

~Sooyoung's POV~

   Jessica sighed with a very pleased smile plastered on her face. "The cafeteria...starts with café and ends with teria..."

   "Sica, we already heard your introduction for four hundred times now!" Taeyeon complained.

   Jessica gave us a look. "What, I'm just showing love to the place. I think this is the best lunch spot ever!" She threw her arms in the air and made a hugging gesture. Way to grab people's attentions.

   She was right, though. Our cafeteria has a very open space, with large windows occupying every inch of the wall, about a hundred orange round tables for everyone, and a beautiful scenery outside (which is the basketball court, but it really is beautiful, with the grasses and all that. Plus, the hot guys who play there every once in a while - jackpot).

   We sat on our usual table, which is one table from Leeteuk's and in front of the holy grail-- I mean, the desserts counter.

   "Ooh! They have a new ice cream cake flavor!" I said excitedly. "Who wants some?"

   Everybody raised their hands enthusiastically, except for Taeyeon.

   "Come on, Taengoo! I'll pay for it."

   Taeyeon flashed an apologetic smile. "I can't. I have to review for our exams, and everybody knows that I can't concentrate well when I'm eating and studying at the same time.

   "But...the exams are, like, two weeks away." Tiffany said. "And you have to try it! It looks freaking delicious!"

   "TIFFANYYY~" Jaejoong shouted from a distance. Oh, my God.

   "He's coming!" Jessica whispered excitedly while dangling Tiffany's arms.

   Tiffany was panicking and asked, "Is my hair alright? My teeth?" She then returned to her happy-go-lucky face when Jaejoong was already near. "Oppa~!"

   I could practically see animated hearts on their eyes.

   Jaejoong handed Tiffany a big teddy bear, which kind of looked like a Valentine's Day stuffed toy. A familiar Valentine's Day stuffed toy.

   "Yah, where did you get that bear?" I asked Jaejoong, glaring at him suspiciously.

   "I bought it." I see lies. I glared at him more intensely until he finally gave up. "Fine, I got if from your crappy room."

   I gasped and quickly snatched the stuffed toy from Tiffany, hugging it tightly and never wanting to let it go. That stuffed toy was given to me by a secret admirer, whom I never got to know who.

   "Don't worry, Tiff. I'll get you a better one," Jaejoong emphasized the word 'better' a little too much, and then winked at Tiffany. He then turned to my direction and whispered, "I'll get my revenge."

   Oh, okay. Whatever.

 

~Changmin’s POV~

   "Yoona!" I shouted as I mazed around the tables at the cafeteria, going to Yoona's place.

   I was planning to talk to her about how I feel about her. It had to take me about six years and a ton of courage to do this. I shouldn't mess this up. I couldn't. This would probably be the only chance that I talk to her about this because my mother had been planning to move in to a new city for days - I overheard her talking to a friend about it - and I wouldn't bear to leave this school without telling Yoona everything.

   "Can we talk? I...I have something to tell you."

   "Oh, sure. Go ahead." Yoona said as she grabbed a big bite of her hotdog sandwich.

   "Uh...somewhere private? Please?" I said.

   She put her sandwich down and said, full, "This is private. Oh, and this is our new friend, Yuri," she nodded to the direction of the girl who Sunny was with, who now had a name.

   "Hey there," I quickly said and grabbed Yoona out of the cafeteria.

   "W-what are you doing? Yah!"

   Once we were at the empty hallway, I tried to gather that courage that I had while I was talking to her earlier, but I couldn't find it.

  "I..." I could do this. But it was hard, to be honest, with her looking straight at me. "Look, we have been friends for as long as I can remember, so it's just right for me to tell the truth to you. And the truth is--"

   "Oppa..." Yoona said shyly. It took a moment for me to realize that she wasn't talking to me, or looking at me anymore. She was looking at the person behind me, so I turned around to see who it was. Jang Wooyoung.

   "Hey, aren't you that girl who always hangs out at the bench near the soccer field?" He asked.

   It's gone. The moment was gone.

   "That's me!" Yoona laughed awkwardly while grinning ear-to-ear. "Um...oppa, there's a new dessert in the cafeteria, and I was wondering..."

   "Wanna buy one?" Wooyoung asked her before she could finish her sentence. "My treat."

   Yoona nodded enthusiastically and went back inside the cafeteria with him. I just banged my head and fist on the wall. "Idiot."

 

      

Updated: 020612

Is it wrong for me that I got heartbroken by my own fanfic? ;_______; LOL. Seriously, though, while I was redoing Changmin's POV, my heart sank a bit and I couldn't write for a moment there. Silly, right?

Now, to the next chapter~~~~!

(This is off topic, but have you seen Big Bang's Monster MV? ASKGHDFADLJHYG OMG OK THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY OMG.)

Thanks for reading~ !