09/21 • First Confrontation & Closing A Chapter

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNEDITED

 

 

This might be the longest chapter I wrote so far :D

 

 

 

 

 

Joo Hyun smiled warmly as Doo Joon hurriedly brought ice cream for her. He was holding two in his hands and handed Joo Hyun the strawberry flavored one. Joo Hyun creased her forehead and blinked at the ice cream "Strawberry ?" She asked. Doo Joon taking a seat next to her his stracciatella flavored ice cream "Yeah, the one you love." He answered sure of his decision. Joo Hyun was disappointed that he forgot her favourite flavor. She disliked strawberry flavor but loved amara cherry or white chocolate cookie.  Doo Joon noticed her disappointment and stopped his ice cream "Did I make a mistake ?" He asked innocnetly. Joo Hyun looked at him "It's not a big deal. There is no duty for you to memorize my favorite flavored ice cream. I mean two years is still a long time to forget a few things." She said and tried the ice cream slowly. Doo Joon innerly cursed to himself for ruining their park date "You know what ? Here, you can have mine if you don't like it." He handed her his ice cream and tried taking hers away but Joo Hyun insisted "No, it's okay really." So did Doo Joon insist until he got an idea "Wait, here!" He took the ice cream and ran towards a little boy and gave it to him. He ran smilingly back. Joo Hyun shook her head "That's wasn't necessary though." She stated. Doo Joon seated down again, panting a little "It's okay. We did a cute move and we still have our ice cream." He lifted the ice cream in between them and looked at her with wiggling eyebrows. Joo Hyun laughed at his behavior. They the ice cream at the same time from their own sides. Joo Hyun lifted her eyes only to see his a few inches apart. It was the first time he looked him deep in the eyes after so many time. She slowly leaned back while Doo Joon pulled the ice cream down and leaned in. He caressed her cheek and pulled her to his sight. Joo Hyun slowly lifted her eyes again. They leaned in at the same time and tasted the ice cream flavor in a different variety. Doo Joon gently kissed her lips while Joo Hyun responded to his very well. After the sweet kiss, they opened their eyes. Joo Hyun blank from her emotions while Doo Joon smiled brightly "Here. You can have it." He said in a warm tone and handed her the ice cream. After Joo Hyun unsurely took it away, he leaned back until he lay on the grass. Joo Hyun watched his movement while eating the ice cream and wondered if they could ever be like the old times again. Maybe, what he said was true and maybe his behavior was like that due to his stress about his military service. God, every girl dreams about being in a relationship with this kind of a guy. He was handsome, smart, caring originally. Fights, struggles always happen in a relationship. It was time for her to burry her pride and try to give him another chance. I mean it's not llke he cheated.. Well, at least there is no clear evidence. One thing Joo Hyun couldn't tolerate in a relationship was cheating but other things could be talked out and solved. She looked at him laying there with closed eyes and enjoying the warm weather and remembered the first day she noticed a sudden change in him.  

Joo Hyun was stressing too much because of upcoming exams, so she called Doo Joon and asked him if they could go out on a date. He agreed which made her overly relieved. It was chance for her to distract herself from all chaos inside her study space. She rushed to her room and made herself ready to go out. She transformed herself from being a walking zombie to a gorgeous, beautiful girl. Doo Joon rang at her door and waited for her outside. Before she could go Seul Gi asked her to first quickly remove the dirt on the table and second to put the trash out. Doo Joon rang harder every single second which made Joo Hyun nervous, so she nagged to Seul Gi that she could do it herself since Doo Joon is waiting outside but did it anyway. Finally going out, she smiled brightly at him and hugged him tightly. "Aaww! I missed you my huge teddy bear." She said while hugging him tightly and squinshing her eyes. Doo Joon had a straight face and stood still, since Joo Hyun noticed he wasn't responding to her hug. She leaned back and looked at his face. "You enjoying it when I wait for hours outside in the cold for you ?" He asked a little angry. Joo Hyun frowned and wondered why he is behaving like this but brushed that thought off and guessed that it might be because he is stressed out of something. She forced a smile "I'm sorry, Seul Gi asked me to do some chores last minute. You know how she can be sometimes.." Joo Hyun explained. Doo Joon rolled his eyes "Whatever. Let's go." and started walking without considering her. The movie theatre was in the neighbourhood, so they decided to walk. Joo Hyun was trying to catch up his speed and realized that it's seriously chilly outside and that she forgot to take her jacket since Seul Gi distracted her from doing so. She tried to warm herself by rubbing her arms. Doo Joon noticed her struggle "Are you cold ?" He asked to which Joo Hyun nodded. "No wonder, if you don't take your jacket. Can't you see that it's freezing outside ?" He nagged. Joo Hyun battled inside if she should response to his stupid statement or not. She was freezing, he had a jacket but didn't even consider to give it to her not that she was expecting it but asking anyways would be more gentleman like or he could at least give a better answer. That was so not like Doo Joon. Joo Hyun was confused of his reaction but decided to let it go.

Joo Hyun sighed loudly and layed next to him since she finished her ice cream. Doo Joon hugged her tight. They were laying on the grass silently and observing the sky. Joo Hyun pursed her lips and suddenly thought of their last fight.

Doo Joon was at Joo Hyun's place and watching TV while Joo Hyun was preparing pizza for them both. When it was finished, she brought the pizza over to the living room. Doo Joon's face fell after seeing that she put some pepperoni on the pizza. He literally pushed the plate to the side. Joo Hyun's blood started boiling after seeing his reaction "What was that for a move ?" She carefully asked. Doo Joon looked at her "You know I don't like pepperoni." He said. "Since when ?" Joo Hyun raised an eyebrow "Since today." Doo Joon leaned back to make him comfortable in the couch and starred at the television. Joo Hyun breathed deeply in and out, took the remoter and turned off the tv. "What the..." Doo Joon nagged. Joo Hyun smirked and took a pizza slice. She had one bite while at the same time Doo Joon stood up and went over to his jacket to put his mobile phone out. While he took the jacket, a packet of cigarettes fell down on the floor. Joo Hyun was shocked seeing a packet of cigarettes inside his jacket. Doo Joon didn't smoke and she hated smokers. Doo Joon noticed her face, immediately picked it up and tried to explain that it didn't belong to him. Joo Hyun let her pizza fall down on her table and crossed her arms "Oh, really ? To whom does it belong then ?" She raised her eyebrows. Doo Joon sighed "Doesn't matter, anyways." Joo Hyun coldy laughed "It matters to me! You can't always decide if it matters or not." She sounded really pissed. Doo Joon sighed harder "I say they don't belong to me. Will you believe me or not ?" He looked her straight in the eyes. Well, Joo Hyun thought about it he never smelled or tasted of cigarattes. Either he was really good at hiding or he was telling the truth. "Whose packed are those ?" She closed her eyes out of annoyance and in a serious tone. "You'll get really mad, if I tell you who this belong, so let's not disturb the mood." Doo Joon said. Joo Hyun shot her eyes wide open "You know what ?" She stood up "The mood is already disturbed." She started slightly shouting "And surprise to you, not only today! The mood is disturbed for a long time. Maybe you didn't notice, but I did. It doesn't make any difference if I get mad or not because surprise number one I AM ALREADY MAD." Now she shouted. Doo Joon frowned his eyebrows really deep "They are Mi Nah's okay ? THEY ARE MI NAH'S" He shouted too. Joo Hyun coldly laughed, closed her face with her hands out of  disappointment "Why are you carrying them ?" She asked in a lower tone. "Why are you carrying those ing cigarettes of that ing ?" She put her hands away from her face and started shouting again. Her eyes got a little teary. "Joo Hyun, really.. Stop that nonsence now! You know we are majoring together in the same faculty and we hang out together. So it might be accidentally put in my pocket." He throw his jacket  away. Joo Hyun crossed her arms again, her eyes got taerier "Really ?" She nodded slowly "Then how do you know they're Mi Nah's, if it accidentally jumped in your pocket out of 'surprise' ?" She looked at him. Doo Joon lowered his gaze and sighed. "Are you.. are you probably cheating on me ?" She whispered. Doo Joon faced her again, shook his head several times and rushed to her. He tried to touch her face but she brushed it off. He managed to hold her anyways "Don't. Ever. Say. That. I would never cheat on you." He leaned his forehead against hers and whispered. Joo Hyun cried "I don't know anymore Doo Joon." She said. Doo Joon let her go, observed her face for a moment, turned around, took his jacket and left.

Doo Joon hugged her tenderly and squeezed her hand inside of his palm. He lowered his head a little to smell her hair, he closed his eyes tightly and thought of a scenario he wished never happened.

   "Okay, so you want to ruin my comeback party ? You want to fight instead of having a good time ? Don't lower my mood okay ? I'm trying to have a little fun after two hard years." Doo Joon stated. Joo Hyun shrugged to his response "You know what ? I don't care about your party!" Joo Hyun started walking away, Doo Joon called after her a few times but it didn't stop her from leaving. She opened the door to walk outside and was confronted with Mi Nah "Joo Hyun what are you doing here ? Is Doo Joon oppa maybe here everyone is looking for him." Mi Nah said in an annoying voice. Joo Hyun had a hard urge not to slap her face but stopped herself from doing so "Look for yourself." She said in a cold tone and walked down the stairs. Mi Nah watched how Joo Hyun walked the stairs down. She guessed that she might be really pissed. She rolled her eyes and looked for Doo Joon who was observing the atmosphere outside. He had his back turned. Mi Nah smiled and walked over him. She hugged him from the back which surprised Doo Joon. His body shook over the sudden touch, so he turned around and brushed her hands off of him after seeing that it was Mi Nah. "Are you crazy ?" He asked and looked around if Joo Hyun was in sight. Mi Nah put her arms around his head and whispered "Don't worry she's not around." She smiled "She looked really pissed though. Have you already told her that-" Before Mi Nah could continue, Doo Joon grabbed her chin and took her behind and pushed her against the wall. He looked her deep in the eyes with eyes wide open and spoke in a most serious tone he could ever have "She won't find out, you hear me ?" He warned and softened his grip "-we had ." Mi Nah continued. Doo Joon tightened his grip again. Mi Nah raised her right hand and gestured 'two' "Twice." She said. Doo Joon let her go, placed his hand on either side of the wall so Mi Nah was in the middle and laughed while looking at the ground. Mi Nah laughed too "So, when are you going to break up with her and come to me ?" Doo Joon raised his head again with a serious face "This won't happen! Don't you get the message ? She won't find about about us two. I'm not planning to lose her over to a meaningless incident. I don't love you Mi Nah. I don't want you." Mi Nah pouted "It didn't seem meaningless, though. Why don't you admit that you could be happier with me, huh ? You couldn't get what you wanted from Joo Hyun because of her stupid 'after-the-marriage-rule' so you came to me, right? " She came closer and touched his neck "I can give you everything you want." She whispered. Doo Joon brushed off her hands "If Joo Hyun ever finds out, I'll asume that it's because of you and when that time comes I will kill you, you heard me ? I will find you and kill you." He said and walked downstairs.

Joo Hyun noticed Doo Joon's concerned face and asked him if he was alright. Doo Joon flinched over her voice since he was deep in his thoughts and smiled to him while nodding. He stood up which made Joo Hyun stand up too. She tip toed to touch his face. Doo Joon looked down to her face "I love you Joo Hyun-ah!" He grabbed her hands and touched them softly "Promise, you'll never leave my side." Joo Hyun was startled from the sudden emotional expression. She opened to say something but closed it again. "Promise." Doo Joon repeated. "I- I- I promise."

Dong Hae continued preparing his new song in his office at college. He typed in the lyrics and changed it here and there. At the same time, he was working on the melody. He smiled playing the melody and hummed the lyrics. That's it! He thought but all of a sudden he got a headache and heard peeping sounds in his ear. He held his head and squinched his eyes out of pain. The image of Yoo Na popped in front of his eyes whereon he opened his eyes. He paused for a moment, looked out of the window and sighed heavily. What was that ? Dong Hae had these kind of scenarios a lot in the past. Out of nothing, Yoo Na would show up in front of him in a blurry vision or different kind of memories would play in his head. Although they were distorted, it wouldn't hinder him from being concerned about it. He never spoke to anyone about her, about his dad or about himself. But now Dong Hae noticed that these things acutally didn't happen for days but now they were back. Dong Hae exhaled heavily and looked up to  the ceiling. After a moment he opened a new page and started writing;

I can still remember the day you came to me

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter