15/21 • Drunk In Love

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNEDITED

 

OKAY READ AT YOUR OWN RISK I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HEART ATTACKS :D :D :D

 

As promised I added three chapters this week which means that I won't have as much time the upcoming days but I guess this chapter will satisfy you a lot. Enjoy reading <3

----

 

2 weeks have passed since Dong Hae and Joo Hyun lastly saw each other. After the scene at Si Won’s party they unwillingly ignored each other. Dong Hae was blaming himself for probably scaring her going too fast and Joo Hyun was blaming herself for rejecting his first move. Now, none of them were brave enough to see each other in eyes anymore.

Ji Soo rolled her eyes “Unnie!” She annoyingly called her. Joo Hyun was laying on the couch and groaning at herself whenever she remembered the scenario. After fidgeting several times on the couch, she stood still, so they continued watching the movie “Ant Man” together. All of a sudden, Joo Hyun started whining again which made Ji Soo flinch a little. “Okay, that’s it.” She said, grabbed the remoter and paused the movie. “Do you want me to call him?” She asked. Joo Hyun immediately raised her head and whined “No, no….” Ji Soo sighed “Then, what is it? What do you want?” She asked. Joo Hyun looked at her side as if she’d think about it. Then she slowly looked at Ji Soo again, smirking “Let’s get wasted!”

Dong Hae’s friends had to deal with something similar to Ji Soo. They were all in Lee Teuk’s place, trying to record a song – it was a ritual for them since they were young and the benefits of having talented friends just called for it. The equipment was gathered by Si Won typically. Normally, Dong Hae had to hold his guitar but now he was having a pillow on his lap and banged his head repeatedly on it. Lee Teuk gestured Si Won to look at him who rolled his eyes at his behaviour. “Alright, you know what? Let’s forget all this!” He said as he turned of his computer. He walked over to Dong Hae, Lee Teuk followed him after. “You have to cheer up, man.” He said. “You need something what the real Dong Hae would deserve in this situation.” He smirked.

Joo Hyun and Ji Soo were sitting at a café shop which was settled nearby the sea. They sat at the table which had a huge glass window on the side. Regarding the hour, it was like 8pm ,the inside was almost empty. Only them two and a few other people were there. Ji Soo and Joo Hyun’s table was full of sweets like cakes, muffins, waffles, puddings and so on. Joo Hyun was attacking her chocolate cake in front of her. Ji Soo creased her forehead at her as she was decently eating her iced waffle “Ya, as you were telling me to get wasted, I had something else in my mind.” She said as she put her fork inside . Joo Hyun frowningly looked at her munching her chocolate cake in , chocolate stains around her lips “Ya, what would a girl need anything else than sugar, huh?” She mumbled while munching which made Ji Soo chuckle. She grabbed a napkin and wiped “Slow down a little, later you’ll nag about the calories you gained.” Joo Hyun didn’t seem to listen since she attacked the waffle next to her. Suddenly she whined again “I was so stupid! So stupid!” She said as she aggressively stuck her fork inside the waffle. Ji Soo rolled her eyes. “Who writes a song about a girl? Huh? Who gets a luxury like that? I mean, I never did before and I never saw a girl who got it. Did you?” She asked Ji Soo who held her mug in her both hands and slowly shook her head with a creased forehead. Joo Hyun suddenly laughed “I did. Yes. And guess from who?” She pursed her lips “Lee. Dong. Hae.” She said and whiningly put her fork inside . Ji Soo bit her under lip slightly “I’d never think that someone could get drunk by consuming herself with sugar bomb.” She mumbled under her breath. “Okay, listen here.” Ji Soo said with a clearer tone and put her mug on the table. “You said you aren’t ready for a serious relationship now, right? So, it’s okay. Just think about what would happen, if you’d allow him to kiss you. This way you can reflect more on the situation, don’t push yourself down!” She raised her voice a little at the last words and thumb the table with her fist. Joo Hyun looked at her pouting “Do you really think I am not ready?” She asked, which made Ji Soo facepalm herself and sigh hard. After a second, she faced her, ready to give a huge lecture before her eyes caught a scenario outside of the café. There were three man standing at the edge of the sea who looked pretty familiar to her. She frowned and narrowed her eyes trying to recognize them. “Is- isn’t that Dong Hae oppa?” She asked. Joo Hyun widened her eyes and quickly turned around. She almost swallowed on the chyme in . Yes, it was Dong Hae together with Si Won and Lee Teuk.

Lee Teuk was slightly shaking of the breeze. “Ya, by saying something he needs, I had something else in my mind.” He said with tumbling lips. Si Won grinned “Remember how we always relieved our stress by shouting to the sea in the past? I thought maybe this would help him.” Dong Hae thoughtfully looked at the sea. Si Won eyed Lee Teuk and started shouting “YAAAAAAA! I DESERVED THAT DEEEAAAAALLLL!” He chuckled and looked at Lee Teuk who was next “SO RAAAAA! THE WEDDING DRESS IS TEN TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE THAN MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEE!” He shouted which made him and Si Won laugh. “This is so fun, try it Dong Hae.” He said to him. Dong Hae opened his mouth “YAAAAAAAAA! BLUE SEAAAAAA! TELL HER TO GIVE ME MY SLEEPLESS NIGHT BAACCCKKK!” He shouted. All of them laughed “This is so good!” Dong Hae said “JOO HYUN-AAAAAAAA! YOU MAKE ME CRAZYYYYYY!” He continued shouting. “I LOVE YOU SO RAAAAAAAAA!” Lee Teuk shouted next “YAAA! BLUE SEAAAAA! GET ME A GIIIIIIIRRL!” Si Won hollered which made everyone burst into laughter even more.

Ji Soo and Joo Hyun frowningly observed them inside of the café. Because of the music inside plus the distance they couldn’t hear what they were saying. They only saw how they were like shouting and laughing. “What are they doing?” Ji Soo asked with a confused face. “I don’t know…” Joo Hyun said with also a confused expression.

Si Won tapped Dong Hae’s shoulder “Is it better now?” He asked. Dong Hae tried to control his laughter and exhaled deeply “Guess so…” He answered. “Then, let’s get something to drink before we head home.” He suggested. “Let’s go!”

Joo Hyun widened her eyes and immediately turned around as soon as she saw they were walking to their direction. She peeked to Ji Soo “What are they doing? What are they doing? What are they doing?” She asked with a panicked voice. “Okay, they- they’re coming here.” Ji Soo said as she observed them. “Oh my god! I have to hide myself!” Joo Hyun said as she touched her forehead and stood up walking around. “Don’t be stupid, unnie! Come here! Maybe they’ll just get something and leave.” She dragged her back. “Ji Soo-yah! JI SOO-YAH!” Joo Hyun continued panicking, “Calm down!” Ji Soo slightly punched her upper arm with a serious face.

The three men entered the café in a good mood and immediately walked to the counter. Lee Teuk dropped his elbow on the counter and observed the cafeteria “Woaah, it’s actually very nice here.” He said. Meanwhile Dong Hae and Si Won were checking the products. Lee Teuk’s eyes stopped at a certain table. He widened his eyes seeing Joo Hyun sitting nearby the window. “Oh!” He called loudly which made Dong Hae and Si Won look at him.

Joo Hyun put her finger on with wide eyes to signalize him that she doesn’t want to be seen and shook her head.

Dong Hae was about to turn his head around to follow Lee Teuk’s gaze but Lee Teuk immediately put his arm around his shoulder “Have you decided already?” He asked with an awkward laugh. After getting three iced cafes they left the cafeteria. Lee Teuk had his arm around his shoulder to prevent him from seeing them until they were outside.

Joo Hyun exhaled deep after they left. Ji Soo glared at her, mumbling “You honestly need help, unnie.”

The next day So Ra and Lee Teuk were discussing Dong Hae and Joo Hyun’s situation at the breakfast table. “They are too stubborn to talk things out. Two little children.” Lee Teuk said. “If they won’t talk to each other by themselves, then we have to push them.” She smirked. Lee Teuk blinked at her “Ya! Don’t look like you don’t know what I’m talking about. Aren’t you and Si Won the real match makers here? But I don’t plan to go too far, let’s just keep it simple.” She said. Lee Teuk leaned in “What’s in your head?” He asked, “Call both over.” She commanded.

Lee Teuk did as she said and separately called Dong Hae and Joo Hyun over. Joo Hyun was the first to arrive since she lived nearby. “When are you graduating tho?” Lee Teuk asked her. They were chatting in the living room. “If I pass all the exams in the new semester, then this winter probably.” She answered with a smile. Lee Teuk nodded “Woah, our Joo Hyun-ah…” He said which made Joo Hyun shyly look to the floor “Oppa… about yesterday…thanks for playing along.” She said with a smile. In that moment, the bell rang. “Don’t mention it and sorry for this.” He said as he stood up. Joo Hyun frowned and observed his action. He walked to the door and greeted Dong Hae. Joo Hyun widened her eyes and searched a spot to escape but failed since she was trapped anyway. “Go in, I’ll be there in a second.” Lee Teuk told Dong Hae and disappeared. Dong Hae carefully sat on the couch across to Joo Hyun who played with her hair and looked around. “Hey!” Dong Hae said after a few seconds. Joo Hyun pursed her lips and turned to him “Hi!” She said. “How are you?” She further asked. ‘That’s awkward…’. Dong Hae nodded “Good, and you?” Joo Hyun nodded “I’m good, too.” She said. Silence again. Dong Hae played with his hands and clapped once “Joo Hyun.” He called “I’m sorry for going too f-“ Joo Hyun interrupted her by awkwardly laughing. Dong Hae frowned at her “Oh, sorry. I thought of a funny joke.” She said and mentally slapped herself. Dong Hae nodded. “What were you saying?” Joo Hyun carefully asked. “I was saying, sorry for making you uncomfortable last time.” Joo Hyun pretended that it was not a big deal by creasing her eyebrows and brushing it off with her hands “You don’t have to. I mean, it was not a big issue, wasn’t it?” She forced a smile. Dong Hae raised an eyebrow “It wasn’t?” Joo Hyun chuckled “Of course not. We’re buds, aren’t we?” She wrinkled her nose. Dong Hae clenched his jaw and frowned. “Buds? Like buddies?” He asked unbelievably. “Of course!” Joo Hyun said and grabbed her mug. ‘What the is going on right now?’ After a moment, Dong Hae nodded and dropped his elbows on his knees. “Okay. You’re probably right.” He said. Joo Hyun turned to him with wide eyes and fixed her expression after he looked at her by pursing her lips and narrowing her eyes. “Then, let’s meet later to do something, bud!” He said and fist bumped her shoulder. Joo Hyun awkwardly laughed, Dong Hae chuckled. “Okay…” She said. “Then…” He said and left with a smirk, ready to give her the biggest lesson of her life.

“Huh, where is Dong Hae?” So Ra and Lee Teuk asked. “Gone.” Joo Hyun said with middle-raised eyebrows. ‘Why am I like this?’

After about an hour Dong Hae sent Joo Hyun a location to meet him there. It was a soccer field. He was in his sports costume and waited for Joo Hyun to arrive. Joo Hyun slowly went over to him “H-hey!” She forced a smile but still having a confused expression what he was doing here. “Oh, hey buddy!” Dong Hae said as he was lifting the ball on his feet. Joo Hyun frowned deeper. “Why did you call me here?” She asked. Dong Hae held the ball and went over to her “Because we’re buds, remember? I always play soccer with my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter