04/21 • Hyuk Jae

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17.02.

Hey guys, I hope you are all having an amazing day. I just wanted to make a short announcement about this story. I would really like to continue and will update a new chapter very soon but I would also love to see some comments from you. I know that you are following this story and your comments will motivate me to continue. I accept any kind of opinions but please make sure to signalize that you are following my story so that I know I have to update since my followers are waiting. 

That's all I wanted to say, love you guys 🤗

 

21.02.

Here you are with a new chapter. Sorry for having you waiting for soo long. I was quite busy with college stuff etc. I hope you enjoy reading this chapter and don't forget to share your thoughts with me. They are my motivation to continue this story :) 

------

The past

Hyuk Jae ran after him for almost 10 minutes. It was dark around 2 am. He ran so fast until his breath couldn't catch up and there was no room for escape anymore. Hyuk Jae smirked and slowed his steps. He reached out his arms "What now? You can't run away. What is your next plan?" The anxious man was trembeling. Hen Ry and Kyu Hyun were also walking behind Hyuk Jae. "Please! Have mercy!" The man begged. Hyuk Jae turned to the others "Ya, boys! What is this douchebag talking about? Did anyone understand?" Hen Ry and Kyu Hyun slightly laughed. The space between Hyuk Jae and the man was very little now. He leaned in and talked in a whispering tone with a dead serious face "Your time is up. And so is our patience. Who is your boss?" The man started sobbing. "Please..." Hyuk Jae grabbed his neck and started slightly chocking him. "Shh! I just asked you who your boss is. Whom are you working for?" The man continued sobbing. "Tell me, who your boss is YOU !" Hyuk Jae shouted and continued chocking him harder. The man almost couldn't breathe anymore. "Ya! Hyuk Jae-ah! Let him go. You don't want him to die." Hen Ry tried to stop him while Kyu Hyun messaged Hyuk Jae's father. "Let him go, YOU IDIOT!" Hen Ry shouted but Hyuk Jae continued his action with the most dangerous expression. "THINK OF SEUL GI! THINK OF SEUL GI!" Hyuk Jaes face softened a bit and so the hold of his hand. "That's right. Come back to your senses." Hen Ry told him, slapped on his back and tried to hold the man's collar. Hyuk Jae desperately turned around and aggressively his hair. The man fell down and tried to catch for air. Hen Ry kneeled down "If you don't want to die tonight, you better tell all of your dirty secrets.." He told him. Hyuk Jae hold his head and starred down. His back was against the scenario. Kyu Hyun walked up to him and told in his ear "I texted your dad, don't worry." Hyuk Jae's eyes shot wide open. He turned his head back to his direction "You did what ?" Kyu Hyun was startled and partly opened his mouth. "YOU DID WHAT ??" Hyuk Jae grabbed his collar and pushed him against the wall. "WHO TOLD YOU TO DO THIS YOU ING IDIOT ?" Hen Ry immediately turned around and rushed to separate them. Meanwhile the man managed to stand up and run away. "Ya! He's running away! HE'S RUNNING AWAY" Kyu Hyun tried to push him. They ran after him again but when they crossed the edge of the street, they saw how Hyuk Jae's father had this man under his foot. He was literally leaning on him. Hyuk Jae looked at the man and at his father again. His father shook his head "When will you ever be useful ?" He said. Hyuk Jae lowered his head. His father signalised his crew to take the man away. He fixed his jacket and walked near his son. Hen Ry and Kyu Hyun bowed to him and walked away. "I had him in my control but somehow he managed to escape anyway." Hyuk Jae said still not facing his father. His father lightly slapped his right cheek "Good job, son. It was a good job to catch him but you should learn to control your temper." He slapped a little harder "Otherwise you can't be in the position I am right now." Hyuk Jae nodded "Yes.." His father straightened his posture "But I have to admit that your friends are truly useful. Try to keep them as your men." Hyuk Jae smirked "Yes.." His father leaned in "But you have to still make sure that you are their leader. You lead them, not the opposite." He pointed at his . He nodded. "What about the others, huh ? Still not able to fish them to your side ?" Hyuk Jae shrugged "I try to but--" His father slapped him hard and grabbed his chin "What ? WHAT ? You better hurry up, unless they die in pain." He pushed Hyuk Jae's head to the side, straightened his posture and left. Hyuk Jae tried hard not to cry and was fighting his tears. On the other side of the street, there was a man singing and wiggling. After a few second, he realized it was his Hee Chul hyung, who now tried to fight a street lamp. "Hyung.." He walked to him. "Doun makei mei gaster" He said with a serious expression and formed his hand into a fist. "Fiy mei" Hyuk Jae sighed and turned him around. Hee Chul smiled brightly "Hyuk Jae!" He tried to hug him but Hyuk Jae somehow managed to stop him and laid him down on a bench nearby. Hyuk Jae sighed and suppossed, he must have been drinking with the others, and walked to the nearest pub. His assumption was right. He saw Dong Hae, Si Won and Lee Teuk sitting around the table. Lee Teuk looked like he dozed off, Si Won was talking to someone on the phone and Dong Hae blankly stared in front of him. Hyuk Jae sat down to the free spot next to Dong Hae. "Ya! Hyuk Jae-ah help bringing Lee Teuk home." Si Won said as he put his phone into his pocket. Hyuk Jae nodded "I laid Hee Chul hyung on a bench outside, I hope he is still there." He told him. Si Won sighed "Alright, I'll call for support." He took his phone back and started dialing. Hyuk Jae turned  to Dong Hae "I thought you wanted to come earlier." He reached for a bottle. Dong Hae frowned "When did I say this ? You know I don't like that kind of stuff." Hyuk Jae nodded and poured himself. Si Won shook his head "You still can't confront your father ? Unbelievable.." Si Won said while standing up and walking over Lee Teuk. Hyuk Jae clenched his jaw and quickly drank one shot. 

Dong Hae smiled to himself as he was typing on his phone. "Isn't she sleeping ?" Si Won asked surprised. "She saw a nightmare." Dong Hae responded. "Oww, she saw a nightmaaareee~" Si Won said in a cute tone. Dong Hae laughed out loud and put his phone into his pocket. "Ahh..Life's good!" He said as he stretched. Si Won chuckled and noticed that Hyuk Jae was silent the whole road. He tapped his shoulder. "Earth to monkey!" He laughed. Dong Hae chuckled. Hyuk Jae shook his head "Stop it!" Dong Hae throw his arm around his shoulder "Cheer up, bro. What is with your face ?" Hyuk Jae sighed "Why can't you guys join our gang?" With this question, the atmosphere tensed. "We talked about this several times." Si Won said. "I know, but--" Hyuk Jae knew that his friends wouldn't join his father's gang because they wanted a different life. Si Won came from a wealthy family but he liked hanging up with them and Dong Hae wanted to get his engineer's degree and marry the love of his life - Yoo Na. His hyungs Lee Teuk and Hee Chul wanted to live an easy life, far away from troubles etc. Helping him out from time to time was alright but officially joining the gang meant also to kill people when needed.They just couldn't do it. He was still afraid his father would harm his friends in some kind of a way because his father and his boss influence in everyone's life's in the town except the wealthiest. "Forget it."

A few days later...

Joo Hyun went out of the cafeteria after grabbing her favorite flavored ice coffee. While walking down the campus she went all possible arguments through her mind that she would possibly have later when confronting Ji Soo. She wants to quit the musical course. She thought a lot about it. She just can't have any distractions right now. Not, when her life is at its peak and much less if her boyfriend will be back very soon. Joo Hyun is not the type who would get weird around boys normally it's the complete opposite. If she finds a male attractive her heart will beat faster but only for a moment. This situation was far different. He was in her mind 24/7. She couldn't even look into his face in those last lessons. Even Tae Hyung finds her behavior weird. What's really worse is that he appeared in her dreams recently. It's a clear signal to her to avoid him. She still loves Doo Joon - even if some issues are left unclear, she wants to talk things out and is planning to keep and marry him. Falling in love with another male would not be her style because she knows better than cheating in a relationship. She is an alpha female who bounds with one certain male and that's him - Yoon Doo Joon. She walks down the stairs in a confident ryhthmical way and searches for Ji Soo who is leaning against a tree and talking to a student. She clears and walks to her direction. Ji Soo excuses herself politely when she notices Joo Hyun. She smilingly walks in her direction. They both walk into each other until..

"You don't know what happened." / "I have to talk to you."

"We went on a date." / "I'm really sorry to say this."

"Say what ?" / "A date ?"

The students around them gave those girls weird expressions as they walked beside them. Joo Hyun was slightly frowning "You-" She forced a smile. "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you." She patted on her shoulder "Tell me, how it happened." Ji Soo clapped her hands together and looked up to the sky "I'm so happy and thank you. But what are you sorry for ?" Joo Hyun waved her hand "It's nothing serious. Your story sounds more interesting." Ji Soo laughed "It is, right ? Well, thanks to that guitar course, he offered me to show some accords on his guitar and I said yes of course and then we switched our phone numbers and were texting for hours until he asked me to go on a date with him. It was very simple. We went to a cafe and then to a park and he walked me home." Joo Hyun could see the happiness in her eyes "That guitar class brought us close and will bring us closer in the future. It's the only opportunity in college I can be close to him without having stupid excuses. Joo Hyun felt her heart aching. She never ever could tell her that she wants to quit right now, it'd make her really sad and not now where the progress between them two is succesfully developing. "Wow, the magic of music, huh ?" She joked. Ji Soo laughed "You can say that. Ah, I forgot!" She suddenly shouted "Tae Hyung oppa wants to see you at the park behind the cafe. He said it's a very important top secret topic." She rolled her eyes. Joo Hyun gulped, sensing what it could possibly be. She nodded "Thanks for informing. And let's talk about the details later. Again, I'm very happy for you." She hugged her and bid her good bye.

Joo Hyun turned around and walked in fast steps to regain her mind. What will happen now ? Will she fall in love even more she sees him ? How will she avoid him ? How could she get strong and avoid her feelings ? Can Doo Joon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter