18/21 • Let yourself go

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNEDITED

Omg, have you seen D&E VCR? It drives me crazy ~~~~

----

Joo Hyun slowly raised her gaze “May I stay with you tonight?” She asked. Dong Hae creased his forehead and smirked “Aren’t we taking it too fast?” He asked. Joo Hyun dropped her shoulders and sighed “If I didn’t have to, I wouldn’t knock, so there must be a reason behind it, right?” She explained with a slightly blushed face. Dong Hae nodded and opened the door further to make space for her. He gestured her to step in with a smirk. Joo Hyun rolled her eyes and walked inside fast. Dong Hae closed the door, sniffed his nose and put his hands into the pockets of his short. Joo Hyun played with her fingers and looked around with her eyes. Dong Hae smirking stood behind her. Then, he walked in front of her, passed her and dropped himself on the bed. Joo Hyun parted her lips “Ya, what kind of a hotel offers one bed for a two persons room. This is so ridiculous.” She said. Dong Hae sighed and grinned “A lovers hotel maybe.” He said smirking looking at her. Joo Hyun bit her inner cheeks and felt her heart racing. “You don’t really think, I’ll lay next to you, do you?” She asked. Dong Hae shrugged “Your loss. The bed is soft and warm.” He smirked. Joo Hyun winced her face “I’d rather sleep at the beach, than laying on this bed with you.” She said. Dong Hae looked at her with an unbelieving expression. “Correct! You should sleep at the beach.” He teased, knowing she wouldn’t anyways. Joo Hyun raised her eyebrows and tilted her head “There’s nothing left to do then.” She walked near his bed and grabbed the pillow he was laying on which made Dong Hae hit the top of the bed “I’ll take this.” She said and walked out of his room. Dong Hae shockingly watched after her “She is really crazy.” He mumbled, being startled of her actions.

Joo Hyun walked to the beach with Dong Hae’s huge pillow in her hands. She was anxiously looking around and walked to the beach chairs. She put the pillow down and sat down. She her arms out of the cold night breeze and whined “Oh god, I’m going to freeze the whole night.” Then she shot death glares at her window “I can’t believe you Ji Soo.” She nagged. Then she slowly started laying down on the beach chair. “The beach was indeed a good idea!” She heard Dong Hae screaming behind her. She turned around and saw him standing there grinning with another pillow and a huge blanket. She frowned at him. Dong Hae walked nearer and put the pillow on the beach chair which was four chairs away from her. She observed how Dong Hae smilingly lay down and tugged himself under the blanket. “Idiot!” She mumbled and turned back. Dong Hae looked to his left side where Joo Hyun was laying sideways. Her back facing him. “What is going on there? Are you cold?” He shouted. Joo Hyun sighed and turned around frowning “Of course I’m not!” She shouted back. Dong Hae chuckled quietly “I’m just saying…if you’re cold, you can accompany me here.” He grinned. Joo Hyun forced a smile “No, thanks.” Dong Hae shrugged “Then, have a good night.” He smiled and turned sideways, his back facing Joo Hyun who scoffed at him and turned around, too. They turned their backs to each other. Dong Hae was still smiling and turned his head back to peek at her. When Joo Hyun moved to lay on her back and her arms, he immediately turned his head back and chuckled. Joo Hyun was seriously freezing. She looked at his side and sighed. After a few seconds, she sat upright. Observed his side, took her pillow and slowly walked to him. She walked to the beach chair which Dong Hae was facing. She peeked to see, if he was sleeping. Dong Hae shot his eyes open after hearing her dropping her pillow on the beach chair. She moved the beach chair closer to his, so there was not much gape between them. Dong Hae smilingly observed her actions. Joo Hyun lay on her beach chair down and grabbed the ends of Dong Hae’s blanket. She put it on her body, then took some sand next to her and strew it in between them. Dong Hae frowned “What are you doing?” He asked. Joo Hyun glared at him “If you cross over this line, I’ll scream out loud.” She said. Dong Hae raised his head to look at the line she strew “I wouldn’t but as far as I can remember, it was always you, crossing some lines between us.” Joo Hyun looked at him in shock and then shook her head, looking to the sky “How the hell did you enter my life?” She mumbled. Dong Hae lay back down and sighed. He put his left hand under his head “Well, this is what I’m wondering about, too.” He said smiling. Joo Hyun looked at him, then turned to her right side. Her back facing him. Dong Hae turned to her, then moved his body to the side. He smiled and watched her laying few inches apart of him. Joo Hyun wasn’t feeling comfortable in this position, so she fidgeted herself to lay on her back again. Dong Hae immediately closed his eyes, pretending to sleep. After a few seconds, he opened them again and smiled seeing her laying with closed eyes. All of a sudden, Joo Hyun moved again and turned back to her right side, her back facing Dong Hae again. Dong Hae observed every single strain of her hair and smiled. He was feeling very happy right now and the cold breeze wasn’t even bothering. Joo Hyun opened her eyes again and moved herself to the other side. This time, facing Dong Hae who immediately closed his eyes. Now, it was Joo Hyun’s time to study every detail of his face. After a few seconds, she slowly closed her eyes and Dong Hae opened his. Joo Hyun opened hers too and closed them right after seeing Dong Hae’s watching her. Then, she slowly opened them, too. She sighed, rolled her eyes, shot him a death glare and positioned herself on her back. Dong Hae positioned himself like her, too. They both looked at the sky. Joo Hyun looked at him and smilingly looked back to the sky. “Woah, did you see the falling star?” Dong Hae pointed to the sky. Joo Hyun nodded “I have.” And smiled. “I made a wish.” He said. “Me too, but I won’t tell.” Joo Hyun said. “I wished something very beautiful.” He said, warmly smiling and turning his head to her. Joo Hyun smiled and raised her eyebrows “Can’t be more beautiful than mine.” She said. Dong Hae looked back to the sky “We’ll see.” He said. Joo Hyun slowly looked at him and smiled “We’ll see.” She said, turning her gaze back to the sky.

The next morning, the sun was shining in an orange, red mixture tone. The sky looked just beautiful. Dong Hae and Joo Hyun were still laying on their beach chairs. Dong Hae woke up before Joo Hyun and was observing her in sleep. Joo Hyun unknowingly put her right hand on his shoulder and was sleeping like this. In the background, there was the sound of slight waves and seagulls. Dong Hae looked at Joo Hyun as if he’d admire masterpiece in front of him. Joo Hyun slowly opened her eyes and parted her lips. “We have to get married. You have crossed the line.” Dong Hae said. “What?” Joo Hyun said in a sleepy tone, wincing her eyes. Her eyes wandered around, after she realized what he was referring too, she quickly pulled her hand and apologized “I wasn’t aware. I’m seriously sorry.” She sat upright and sneezed lightly. “Did you catch a cold?” Dong Hae asked worried, then sneezed. Joo Hyun smiled at him. “What’s wrong?” She asked. Dong Hae looked at her with wide eyes “I think, we’re getting ill.” Joo Hyun glared at him. Dong Hae sighed hardly “Just because of your stubbornness, we’ve become ill.” Joo Hyun forced a smile “I can deal with it.” Dong Hae nodded “Good. I can cook a special soup, my grandma showed me, for you.” Joo Hyun turned her head “No, thanks.” Dong Hae put his feet down “Look, let’s get up and do some sports to prevent illness.” Joo Hyun whined “I totally forgot about it and was happy forgetting it why you reminded me?” Dong Hae sighed “Can you just not complain a single day?” He asked getting up. “Okay, fine. Let me change into something more appropriate then.” She said, stood up and collected the pillow and her slipper.

 

Dong Hae smilingly entered his room and took his shirt off to take a shower. Meanwhile, Seok Jin came out of the shower “Good morning, I missed you last night.” Dong Hae said, chuckling. Seok Jin laughed “Sure. I accidentally slept in Ji Soo’s room.” He said and threw a meaningful look at Dong Hae who raised his eyebrows and after realizing what he meant chuckled. ‘That’s why she knocked on my door.’ He thought and smiled. “Sorry, did I break any rules?” Seok Jin asked, blinking. Dong Hae took his clothes and tapped him on the shoulder “Quite the opposite; You saved my night.” He said to which Seok Jin nodded clueless. Before entering the shower, Dong Hae noticed his phone was off. ‘When did I turn it off?’ He questioned and took it to the bathroom. On the way, he turned it on and saw 12 missing calls of Si Won. He frowned deeply ‘What the…’ He closed the bathroom door and called him back while turning on the water. “Aish! The connection is too bad…” He complained, put the phone away and went under the shower.

Joo Hyun entered her room with a worried face. She wasn’t ready at all to do morning sports. She walked to her bed and saw Ji Soo smilingly coming out of the shower. She narrowed her eyes “You can still smile?” She asked, sighed and dropped herself on the bed. Ji Soo bit her lips and awkwardly laughed “I don’t know how but Seok Jin and me fell asleep after, after…” Joo Hyun winced her face “It’s okay.” She mumbled. “Where did you sleep?” Ji Soo slowly asked. Joo Hyun sat back up and glared “What do you think? Me and Dong Hae slept at the beach.” Ji Soo opened in shock and chuckled “Okay, I didn’t think of this.” She said, “Why Dong Hae oppa?” She asked frowning. Joo Hyun sighed deeply “It just happened somehow, Ji Soo-yah. I have a bigger problem now. Any second, there will be knockings on the door which will lead me to death.” Ji Soo questioningly looked at her. Joo Hyun shook her head “Never mind.” And she was right, after minutes, Dong Hae knocked on her door. Joo Hyun whiningly dragged herself to the door. Dong Hae widened his eyes seeing her in her usual clothes “You still didn’t change? Come on, we’ll be late for the morning workout.” He said innocently. Joo Hyun exhaled deeply “Okay, wait.” She said and went back in. Ji Soo waved at Dong Hae inside the room, Dong Hae waved back “You want to join us? Me and Joo Hyun will be exercising.” Ji Soo cringed her face and shook her head. Dong Hae shrugged “As you wish.” He smiled then narrowed his eyes at her. In this moment, Seok Jin came out of his room and walked next to Dong Hae. He turned his head inside of the room of the girls and smirked at Ji Soo who shyly smiled at him. Dong Hae observed them both “What have you guys done last night?” He teased. Ji Soo glared at him “What have YOU guys done last night?” She asked. Dong Hae shrugged “What should we do…we just talked and so on.” Ji Soo nodded “We, too.” She shortly said. Dong Hae unbelievingly nodded “Sure. Joo Hyun-ah!” He shouted. “I’m doneeeee!” She shouted back. She sounded less annoyed. “Wow, that’s the motivation I’m looking for. I’ll be waiting for you in the lobby.” He shouted. “All right!” She shouted back. Dong Hae slightly nodded at them both and left. Seok Jin leaned his arm against the door “How are you?” He asked, grinning. Ji Soo nodded smiling “Good.” Seok Jin nodded back “I’m downstairs, waiting for you.” He said to which Ji Soo nodded again. “Love you!” He mouthed. Ji Soo chuckled “Love you too! Now go already.” She said chuckling.

Dong Hae and Joo Hyun were both wearing shorts and shirts. Joo Hyun tugged h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter