02/21 • Joo Hyun

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hee Chul hurried to bring all the groceries to their meeting spot. "Finally!" Lee Teuk hollered. "I'm getting fed up, playing the errand boy. Ya, Ye Sung-ah, next time you'll do this all." Hee Chul complained. Yesung looked around with a shocked expression and whined "I did it for months. You were commissioned to do it only last week." Joo Hyun giggled. "Come on, Hee Chul, oppa. You do a better job here and the lady in the supermarket really likes you, so that we get everything cheaper." She took the chocolate bar out of the bag. "Look at you sweettalking to eat all those sweets. I got it, I guess I'm too good-looking for this position and it's only for all our benefits. I keep my job." He shoot a heart sign to the girls.

"Get a real job." Lee Teuk scoffed. Hee Chul shot him a deadly glare. Seul Gi and Joo Hyun only laughed at their silliness. Seul Gi noticed how Hyuk Jae entered their place along with Hen Ry and Kyu Hyun. She smiled to herself and felt her heart skipping a beat. "You're still here? It's getting late already, why don't you head back home?" Hyuk Jae asked the girls, Hen Ry ran over to the grocery bag and Kyu Hyun whispered something in Lee Teuk's ear. "What was that?" Lee Teuk widened his eyes. Meanwhile, Hyuk Jae grabed the baseball bat at the corner of the room. Seul Gi narrowed her eyes to Hyuk Jae. "Ya, girls! Listen to oppas and go back home, alright? It seems like it'll get really ugly in a few minutes." Lee Teuk stated.

Hyuk Jae was now standing in front of them and looked impatiently at them while holding the baseball bat. "Let's go, Joo Hyun." Seul Gi told her best friend. Understanding the situation, Joo Hyun agreed. They told them be careful and Hyuk Jae asked Ye Sung to accompany the girls.

On the way, they heard a voice screaming Ye Sung's name, so they turned around to find the owner of the voice. It was Si Won walking to their side. "Where are you going?" Si Won asked. "Oh, just making sure nothing happens to them on the way home." Si Won smiled at Seul Gi and Joo Hyun, they smiled back. "Where are the others?".

Ye Sung rubbed his nose "Ehm, Wolverine Yellow." Choi Si Won understood the code and ran to the club.

Later at home, Joo Hyun was in her room and practiced some dance moves in front of her mirror. She heard keys opening the door and knew her father arrived home. "Hey, dad!" She greeted him and went into the kitchen. His father complained about work and bad car drivers.

"I talked to Hyun Gi on the way home. The boys from the other block tried to terrorise our block, so he encouraged his son to go against them."

Joo Hyun pretented not hearing her father's words and tried to escape back in her room.

"Bae Joo Hyun!" His father called her. Smiling to her dad, she turned back and walked into the living room. "Yes, dad?"

"You're not hanging around with those rebels, are you?" 

"No, why would I?"

"Exactly, you shouldn't. They are nothing else than danger. Especially that Hyuk Jae guy. Hyun Gi's son.."

Joo Hyun formed her lips in a thin line. "Are they really dangerous, father?"

"Of course they are!" Her father stated. "I've been working with his father for years. I know what I say, when I say they're danger. Hyuk Jae takes exactly after his father, he is not questioning things and infects others with his father's ideals. He pulls them down in his own, dreadful path." 

Joo Hyun sits on the couch down next to her father: "I heard, that they're trying to protect our block from the bad boys."

"They ARE bad boys. How can you solve something by using the same method?!"

Joo Hyun kept quite. She knew they were different, but her father was too convinced that they're not.

"You're not seeing them, are you?"

"How many times should I tell you that I'm not. I've told you earlier." She lied.

"Good. Just concentrate on school. Do your homeworks. Study and we'll get out of this hole."

Joo Hyun nodded and walked over to her father to give him a kiss on his cheek.

-----------------------------------------

Ji Soo, Chae Young and Joo Hyun walked out of the lecture hall. "What a beautiful day today is, right?" Ji Soo asked the others. Joo Hyun nodded "It is." 

"Let's do something in this beautiful weather." Ji Soo suggested. "Sure, any plans?" Chae Young asked. "What about swimming?" She suggested. "Naah, it has to be like heating to go swimming. I thought of having a  picnic in the park, hm? What do you think, unnie?"

"Hmm..sounds good to me. Better after finals." Joo Hyun answered. Ji Soo looked on the floor. "And maybe your friends would join us, too."

Joo Hyun turned her head towards her direction and raised an eyebrow "Seul Gi and Momo?"

"Hm? Yeah, yeah, they can come,too... but I--"

Chae Young grinned at Ji Soo "I think she wants Seok Jin oppa to join us."

Joo Hyun surprisingly looked at Ji Soo, who was smiling at her. "What? I think he's cute. I might like him a little"

Joo Hyun laughed at her comment and clapped her hands in amusement. "Oh my god! Ji Soo!" Chae Young laughed too.

"I really want to know more about him." Ji Soo said while looking up to the sky. Chae Young laughed having her eyes wide open. Joo Hyun wanted to say something but right in that moment she got a call from Tae Hyung. She showed her phone to Ji Soo's direction "See, your brother in law is calling."

Ji Soo made a disgusted face. "Ew, don't say that. They're not even siblings!."

Joo Hyun giggled and picked up. [...] "Where? Which room?"

.

Dong Hae arrived at the university and get out of his car. He took his bag from the car boot and other utensilies he would need for his class. As he walked through campus all young female students greeted him quickly in a sweet way. He catched everyone's eyes because of his good-looking, male features and his whole general aura. He politely greeted everyone back. He arrived in front of his class  room and was looking for the keys.

.

"Do you think he is a professor?" Chae Young asked Joo Hyun. "I don't know, he looks pretty young though.."

"Why don't we just walk over and ask him?." Ji Soo suggested.

"Woah, look at all these girl sobbing for him. That's just disgusting." Chae Young stated. Joo Hyun cringed and looked at her "Especially, if he is indeed a professor." 

Meanwhile, Dong Hae managed to open the door and got inside of the class room. A few seconds later he heard knockings on the door. "Come in!" He ordered. Ji Soo peeked her head at the side of the door. Smilingly she asked "May we come in?" 

"Sure, come in." Answered Dong Hae while taking out his guitar from his guitar case. 

Ji Soo gestured others to follow her. Now, Dong Hae was confronted with three girls, he never saw before.

"Is this room free? We would like to sit here and study with our friends who might also come later." Ji Soo said.

Dong Hae shrugged while checking his guitar. "It's free until my class arrives, which will be in 2 hours."

Ji Soo smiled brightly. "Great, it shouldn't be a problem since we'll be finished by then, right girls?" The others just nodded.

Dong Hae smiled "Alright, suit  yourself. I'll have to check the other instruments, too."

"Yes, thank you." Ji Soo commented and bowed 90 degrees. She pulled Chae Young's elbow and lead her to the back corner of the room. Joo Hyun followed them. "I think he IS a professor." Chae Young turned back and mouthed to Joo Hyun. "Of course he is." Joo Hyun answered back. 

About 10 minutes later the boys arrived to the room, which Tae Hyung recommended Joo Hyun on the phone. The girls decided to study in college before they head back home and Tae Hyung's offer was appealing to them since it's always full in the library. To find a silent, empty room was a big opportunity for them. Ji Soo gestured the boys to come over. "Shh, not so obvious." Chae Young joked with her. Ji Soo just ignored her comment. The boys bowed to Dong Hae before walking past him and reaching the girls desk. Dong Hae noticed how each of them sat beside one girl. Tae Hyung next to Joo Hyun, Seok Jin next to Chae Young and Nam Joon next to Ji Soo. He assumed that there must be something special between them or they could just be friends. Indeed, it was totally not his business but strangely the scenario in front of him, somehow reminded him of his  past days with his fiancee and friends. Dong Hae shook those memories away and focused back on his instruments.

Nam Joon was telling everybody his story about that delivery boy whom he sued because of stealing his orders away. "Ya, how many times will you tell this story around, huh?" Seok Jin asked with wide eyes. "So many times, till you guys say that I was right. Until then, I will tell this story again and again." Nam Joon told him. "But hyung, you aren't even sure, if he was the one." Tae Hyung commented and offered Joo Hyun his half of an apple. Joo Hyun bit one side and took the rest by her hand. "I am sure! I am just not 100% sure." Nam Joon commented. Seok Jin sighed. "This is getting more and more annoying." He looked around the room. "Since when do we have a music room in our university.?" He wondered. This caught other's attention so they also checked the place. "I know, right?" Ji Soo asked, only to agree to his statement. "Tae Hyung oppa would know. He recommended this room." Chae Young stated. Tae Hyung stopped sharing his apple with Joo Hyun and looked blankly to Chae Young. After a few seconds he told them that he once visited a voice course and they would practice in this room everytime. Seok Jin was impressed that Tae Hyung actually took other courses besides of his actual classes, while Nam Joon was annoyed of everyone, because they wouldn't pay enough attention to his issue. "I always wanted to do something music related, too." Seok Jin said. "Oh really? Me, too. Actually, it would be great taking a separate course besides of our degree course to gather some relaxation, don't you think?" She asked smilingly and looked at him. "Yeah, maybe." Seok Jin answered. "But what kind of courses does this university offer?" He wondered. Tae Hyung took one apple slide and tried to munch it like a rabbit, which made Joo Hyun burst into laughter. "You, idiot. You look like a real rabbit." She told him. Tae Hyung just smiled back and continued his actions which made Joo Hyun laugh harder. Nam Joon just looked at him with the same annoying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter