10/21 • "I need a break!"

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNEDITED

 

 

Wrote this in a hurry and will edit it tomorrow morning but I'm stll updating the story for you guys :) And guys please don't forget to leave your thoughts on the comment section ...

 

------

 

Joo Hyun dragged herself home as she repeatedly sighed heavily. Doo Joon was behaving so out of place she felt like punching him every time he opened his mouth. He only talked about himself and his memories at the military, when Joo Hyun was about to tell a story he would always interrupt her. It was like she wasn't even there. Joo Hyun walked inside of her apartment and took her shoes off 'What an idiot..' She mumbled. She was about to go into her bedroom when suddenly her phone rang. It was Doo Joon. Joo Hyun rolled her eyes after seeing his name on the display and threw her phone on the couch. She was too pissed to talk with him at the moment. The only thing she wanted to do now was to take a quick shower and read a book afterwards. After taking a shower, Joo Hyun hopped on her bed and took a book as she flipped through pages to continue on reading from the last time. She cratched her forehead and started reading. After a few seconds her phone peeped again. She sighed and took her phone. This time, it was a text message from her mother. Joo Hyun gulped and opened the text message, which said; "Hey sweetie, I heard Doo Joon arrived already. How about you two come over to dinner this weekend ?" Joo Hyun felt her heartbeat increasing after reading the message. She threw her phone away and pulled her hair out of annoyance. She didn't want to see her mother. Not now. Not in that kind of emotional state. Not when she has high expactations of Doo Joon. She wasn't even sure herself if she wanted to marry him anymore but she knew exactly that her mother sees a perfect husband in him for Joo Hyun. What is she supposed to answer now ? She took her phone and bit her lips. All of a sudden her door bell started ringing to which Joo Hyun frowned. She sighed again and went over to open the door. "Oppa..?" She said while frowning. Si Won sheepishly smiled "Joo Hyun." He responded. They stared at each other until Si Won questioningly looked at her "Won't you invite me in ? Or else I can leave, no problem!" He showed at his back. Joo Hyun shook her hand and closed her eyes then opened them again "Sorry. I was surprised seeing you in front of the door. Of course, come in!" She stepped to the side to make space for him to enter. Si Won smiled and went in. He looked around her apartment and whistled "Nice home, Bae Joo. Really! Very very neat!" He said and sat down. Joo Hyun smiled "Thanks. Seul Gi and I did everything we could to make this small place as beautiful as possible. Would you like something to drink ?" She asked. Si Won shook his head and tapped at the couch "Take a seat. I want to tell you something." Joo Hyun wondered what it could be and slowly went to the couch. "As you may know, the company to I work for cooperate with different institutions. One of those institutions is the childs caring house nearby. They look for volunteers who would spend some time with kids. Play with them, take care of them and even organize different events like festivals or theatre with them. I already asked people who I believe would fit into the position and thought of you as well. For me, it would be honestly great if you could join those kids and entertain them. They also pay some volunteers who show great work. What do you think ? Could you manage doing it ?" Si Won asked with a straight face. Joo Hyun opened "Emm.. wow that was sudden. I.. I don't know actually. I have lots of work to do for college and stuff.. I don't know, if I could-" Si Won interrupted her "One hour is totally enough. They are also very flexible when it comes to time management etc. If you say I am already full with college they'll accept it and manage your time in order to theirs. Simple." He smiled. Joo Hyun looked at the floor and thought about it. "Actually.. It would be great to do something different. I think I can try.. You can quit anytime you want ?" She asked. Si Won nodded surely "Anytime you want!" Joo Hyun smiled and nodded "Good. I'm in!"

 

"I don't think I want to volunteer nowadays.." Dong Hae answered to Lee Teuk who literally begged for working there. "And I don't think I like kids.." Dong Hae added. Lee Teuk shockingly looked at him "You used to love kids." He said. Dong Hae looked at him "Yes, 10 years ago maybe. Now, I believe they are honestly annoying." Lee Teuk sighed "Look, you can just try. I tell you, you can quit anytime you want.. even on the same day.. after 5 minutes if you see it's nothing you can do constantly. Come on Dong Hae-ya.. do it for your hyung! Who knows maybe you'll thank me later for that." Dong Hae looked at him questioningly but agreed anyways. "Okay, okay. I'll do it but only one day!" Lee Teuk sheepishly smiled and nodded "Okay, only one day.." After hearing the door opening he rushed downstairs and whispered to Si Won "What did she say ?" Si Won peeked upstairs and turned to Lee Teuk "She agreed!" He smiled. "Dong Hae agreed too." Lee Teuk said. They both fist bumped each other.

 

The next day Ji Soo, Seok Jin, Tae Hyung and Joo Hyun stood in front of the music class. "It's our last session for this semester.." Ji Soo pouted. Seok Jin smiled to her "Don't worry, we can still continue playing our own guitar." Tae Hyung rolled his eyes and looked to Joo Hyun who leaned on the wall and had a straight face "Ya, what's with your face ?" He said to her. Joo Hyun looked at him "Nothing." Then she turned her head to the side "Did you fight with Doo Joon hyung ?" He asked. Ji Soo looked pitingly to Joo Hyun while Seok Jin chocked once. 'Wow, even they noticed what an he was..' Joo Hyun bitterly smiled and looked to Tae Hyung "Ya! Why does it has to be about Doo Joon ? What if I'm just feeling bad because I simple feel bad ? Maybe I had a chaotic morning or night. Maybe I couldn't sleep. Maybe I am too stressed ? Huh ? What about these options ?" Joo Hyun slighty raised her voice and looked at Tae Hyung. All the others were silent while Tae Hyung just looked at her. She looked over to Ji Soo who signalised her to look to her left. Joo Hyun frowned and turned left. There, Dong Hae was standing and observing the whole scene. Joo Hyun quickly corrected her posture and slightly bowed "Excuse me.." She whispered. Dong Hae opened the door, the other girls of the class chuckled at her behavior and followed Dong Hae which made Joo Hyun throwing sharp glares at them. Ji Soo touched her shoulder which made Joo Hyun look at her. She smiled and went in with Seok Jin. Then she looked to Tae Hyung who looked at her disappointed and also went into the class. Joo Hyun squinted her eyes. Why does she let her anger out of Tae Hyung all the time ? In class, Dong Hae gave them instructions which the student followed. Tae Hyung kept silent all the time and didn't talk to her. Joo Hyun tried to do the tasks by herself, since he was ignoring him. It was a real struggle for her though.. She wasn't made for guitars. Dong Hae suddenly called her name "Joo Hyun, come over here." He said and went to the front. Joo Hyun opened her eyes and looked at him. Dong Hae took a book which laid on his pult and the cup of coffee which he bought and blinked at her "Come on.. And take your guitar." He said. "Continue playing these three accords and after that try harmonizing them together to make it actually sound like a song." He said to the class and went into the little room next to the board. Joo Hyun stood up and glanced over to Tae Hyung who seemed really concentrated to his task. She could also notice the deadly glances of the girls sitting at the back. She ignored them and went into the room. "Close the door!" Dong Hae said without looking at her, he was standing there holding the book he took earlier, his back facing her. Joo Hyun frowned and closed the door. Since he didn't speak, she went to his direction and waited for him to say something. After a few seconds Dong Hae handed her the coffee, still not facing her. Joo Hyun unkowingly grabed the coffee and asked "W-why are you-" Dong Hae suddenly turned over to face her. He showed her the page of the book he searched for "Here. Here you can read about the accords we're playing today." He handed her the book. Joo Hyun placed the guitar to the side and took the book. She scanned the page and frowningly looked at him "Okay, but why are you giving me these ?" She showed both; the coffee and the book. Dong Hae dropped himself on the chair and crossed her arms "Drink the coffee, you need it." He said softly. Joo Hyun couldn't manage to look him into the eyes. She stared at the untensils at the background and felt her heart racing over his sweet voice. Dong Hae was really different at school. All the time she met him in her private life, he was very sweet but in school he turns to a hottie which she can't logically explain. Dong Hae tried to catch her gaze which made Joo Hyun smile shyly and lower her head. Dong Hae also smiled seeing her like that "Come on, have a seat.." He said and stood up to roll over the chair behind her to make her sit on that. Then he grabbed one for him and took the guitar. "Look. You're always ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter