11/21 • Roller Coaster

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNEDITED

 

Hey guys! I’m back with another chapter 😊

I don’t know if everyone has caught the information of changing the title of the story but even if you have not you might already notice it. I feel more comfortable with this title, since the love story of HaeRene will have three phases and this way it’s clearer.

Anyways, enjoy the following chapter and have a good day <3

---------

 

 

Joo Hyun was munching on a cracker while her eyes were fixed on the television. Tae Hyung and Ho Seok cheered and nagged every time the other part made a mistake during the game. They were playing on PS6. After winning their 3th game, they stood up and did they cheer dance to which Joo Hyun had to smile and shake her head. “Ya, Joo Hyun-ah, come dance together with us...” Ho Seok told her with a bright smiley face. Joo Hyun wrinkled her nose “Mmm…nooo…” But Ho Seok went over and dragged her to the middle of their living room. Tae Hyung immediately grabbed both her hands and danced with her. Joo Hyun laughed out loud “This is so stupid!” She shouted in between her laughter. “It’s okay, it’s been a long time since we moved like this.” Tae Hyung remarked. Seok Jin entered the room but stood at the door with a weird expression. The moment Ho Seok saw him, he went over and did weird movements in front of him. Tae Hyung and Joo Hyun burst into laughter seeing them like this. “What’s going on?” Ji Soo shouted from another room, one could hear her steps coming closer to the living room. She stopped next to Seok Jin and watched Ho Seok “What the hell?” She said. Seok Jin couldn’t stop himself any longer and laughed out loud. Ho Seok was doing weird movements with weird expression, it was nearly impossible for someone not to laugh. They all laughed together until Ho Seok decided to stop and hop on the couch. Joo Hyun noticed how Ji Soo mimicked to her, if she had talked with Tae Hyung already. Joo Hyun shook her head and chocked once. After Ji Soo learnt that Joo Hyun admired after their guitar teacher, she called her the same night and they talked for hours about him and her relationship with Doo Joon. Joo Hyun told her that she might have a little crush on Dong Hae and that she doesn’t want to be part of a relationship anymore that is almost one-sided. She still has a feeling that Doo Joon did something bad, but she can’t tell what exact. Joo Hyun poked Tae Hyung’s arm and asked him if he could come outside for a second. They went out to the garden and sat under a shadow place.  “What’s bothering your mind?” Tae Hyung started asking. Joo Hyun lowered her gaze “I want to break up with Doo Joon.” She told him. Tae Hyung widened his eyes and leaned forward to lean his elbows on his knees “Why?” He asked her carefully. Joo Hyun sighed “There are actually lots of reasons.” She looked up “I don’t think, it’ll work with us anymore and then there is this thing with my mum. I don’t want her longer to think that we’ll get married soon. Doo Joon has changed Tae Hyung. He changed a lot. He is not the person I fell in love with back then anymore. He transformed into a personality, I cannot come up with… I don’t see a future with him.” She shook her head “So, I told him that we should go on a break and after a few days I want to break up with him in person.” She looked at his face. Tae Hyung just only looked at her with unreadable eyes. Joo Hyun frowned at him “You see yourself how I’m always pissed for no reason over little things lately, don’t you? This is called stress, Tae Hyung-ah and stressing too much can cause you a disease.” Tae Hyung chuckled “Yes, I understand. I totally understand your reasons. Well, one thing I wish for you is to be happy. If you’re feeling uncomfortable then do what you want.” He told her. Joo Hyun pouted and looked down. “But only if those are the real reasons… Are you sure there is nothing more?” Tae Hyung tried catching her gaze and Joo Hyun frowned “Joo Hyun, if it’s because of that teach- “Joo Hyun laughed awkwardly and exhaled heavily “No! Tae Hyung! It has nothing to do with Dong Hae oppa, okay? It is completely my decision.” Tae Hyung widened his eyes “Oppa?” He frowned “When did you two became that close, huh?” He frowned deeper. Joo Hyun scratched her temple “We’re not close… He is just- Why do you even have a negative picture of him? Dong Hae oppa is not a bad guy.” She said and looked him into the eyes. Tae Hyung covered his forehead and shook his head “Don’t defeat me that ing, egoistic teacher Joo Hyun-ah! I am a guy and I can tell you that he will not play in your Liga. Do you even know what they say about him?” Joo Hyun frowned “What do they say?” Tae Hyung laughed coldly “He is fooling with young students. He breaks their hearts. He is a real playboy, Joo Hyun-ah. I admit even as a man I find him good-looking but don’t get fooled by his looks.” Joo Hyun thought about his words but brushed them away. People can say lots of things, she knows from her past life what everyone has told about her and her family etc. These are no important issues for her. Tae Hyung just doesn’t know him… “Why are we talking about him anyways? I tell and can assure you that it’s totally uninfluenced of Dong Hae oppa. It’s my decision, okay? I. Will. Break. Up. With. Him.” Tae Hyung shook his head “Oppa…” He said under his breath. “Okay, okay. If it’s your wish, do what you want but think carefully about it and don’t do anything you’ll regret later.” He told her and smiled. Joo Hyun smiled back and gave him a hug. “Please, stop.” Nam Joon said with an annoyed face “I already escaped two lover birds inside. I don’t want to see another clingy couple.” Joo Hyun cringed her face “Oh my god! We are not a couple. When will you get it?” She asked while standing up. Tae Hyung just shook his head. “Anyways, I have to go. I have a few things to do.” Joo Hyun informed him. “Do you want me to drop you?” He said and prepared himself to get up. Joo Hyun shook her hands “It’s okay. I can handle it myself. The weather isn’t also that bad…” She smiled to them and bid her goodbyes.

Joo Hyun took the bus to drive to the place Si Won has messaged her. It’s about the volunteering job in a child’s house. There live lots of kids together who were left alone by their parents. She found the idea good and trying one day wouldn’t harm her. She got out of the bus and walked to the building which seemed like the right place. While nearing the building, her eyes caught one familiar car she saw lots of times before. She frowned and hoped that it’s not the person, she thought it’d be. Unluckily, the person that got out of the car were the exact same person Joo Hyun wanted to avoid in that moment. She felt her pulse increasing again and fastened her pace until he noticed her. Dong Hae was also surprised seeing her in that place. He was wearing a dark blue jean with a white shirt. Damn it! He looked too good in a white shirt. Joo Hyun couldn’t stop but think of Lana Del Rey’s famous line in ‘Blue Jeans’ “Joo Hyun?” Dong Hae asked and walked to her. Joo Hyun forced a smile “Op- Oppa…” She said almost in a whisper. It was so weird to call him like that. “What are you doing here?” He asked in a straight expression. “I- Si Won oppa suggested me a volunteering job in here. That’s why I’m here and you?” Dong Hae blankly looked at her and rolled his tongue inside of his mouth “Lee Teuk hyung suggested me a job, too.” He said carefully. He could already sense that it might be a planned thing between them both and tilted his head over this thought. Other than him, Joo Hyun couldn’t understand the relation and just nodded. Dong Hae suddenly smiled “Then, let’s go in!” He said. Joo Hyun smiled too and they went inside. Why didn’t Si Won tell her that Dong Hae would also be there? Why do things get hard every time she tries to do an ordinary, simple thing? Why does he pretend that the scene on their last lesson never happened? Joo Hyun thought of these questions while she was sitting at the waiting room next to Dong Hae. She glanced over him. He seemed like unaffected and played with his phone. They were already sitting there for almost 15 Minutes. Joo Hyun sighed “I think I’m going to ask the girl over there why it is taking so long for us to enter the office…” She informed him. Dong Hae raised his eyebrows and listened to her, but his gaze was still on his phone. He nodded “Okay.” Joo Hyun pursed her lips and went over to a young woman who seemed to be in her midst 20s. “… Excuse me how longer do we still have to wait?” She asked sweetly as she folded her fingers. The woman rolled her eyes “What did you say?” Joo Hyun asked the same thing in the same way again “It’ll take about half an hour.” The woman said, staring at the monitor. Joo Hyun frowned but smiled anyways. She went back to her seat “It’ll take about half an hour.” She informed him. “But the woman over there seems very unpolite though. I wonder how the other staff would be like. I can’t work with those kind of people…” She mumbled as she looked at her with a disgusted expression. “Really?” Dong Hae asked “Let’s see…” He said, put his phone in his jeans and went over to her. Joo Hyun noticed how the woman was behaving totally different as she did in front of her. She slightly opened in shock. That woman even laughed a little bit. Joo Hyun tilted her head in disbelief. Dong Hae leaned in and whispered something to which Joo Hyun frowned. She felt her blood boiling slowly and saw how Dong Hae even had a sweet gaze on his face and smiled sweetly at her. After a few minutes the woman stood up and Dong Hae turned around. He mimicked her that she’d follow him. The woman led them to the office. Joo Hyun rolled her eyes at him but followed him anyways. Well, perhaps he was really a womanizer. “Take a seat. Ms. Jonson will be there any soon.” The woman politely said and left. They both entered the office and sat down on empty stools. Dong Hae exhaled loudly as he sat down and took his phone. Joo Hyun shot him deadly glances “What did you do to her so that she was behaving like an angel all of a sudden?” Joo Hyun honestly said in a sharp voice. Her right foot was trampling fast on the floor. Dong Hae raised one eyebrow “I only asked if we could speak to Ms. Jonson any sooner?” He said and looked to her over his phone. Joo Hyun smiled in a thin line “Sure.” And rolled her eyes. Dong Hae frowned at her behaviour. After a few seconds a young woman entered the office “Excuse me for waiting too long!” She said as she entered and walked over to her table. “No problem!” Dong Hae said while putting his phone back into his pocket. Joo Hyun was still observing him and only looked at the woman when she sat down. “So… you two want to volunteer in our institution which we are very glad for. There are two possible jobs for you to enter. One is a creative activity. You would act in front of a small audience with about 100 people. And the other one is to help the staff washing cars and so on… Would either one be possible for you?” She asked and looked at them over her glasses. Dong Hae and Joo Hyun nodded and looked at each other. “They are all for kids, right?” Joo Hyun asked. “Well,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter