17/21 • You don't have to be alone

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNEDITED

All right, I couldn't hold myself and decided to upload another chapter :)

Doooon't forget to share your thoughts please 💜

----

During the bus ride, the four came along really well. Especially Dong Hae and Seok Jin. They were talking almost the whole ride which gave the girls a headache after some point. Why weren’t they getting tired of talking so much? Seok Jin was telling a story where he, Tae Hyung, Joo Hyun, Ho Seok and a few other people went skiing to the mountains and how scared Joo Hyun was to ski the top side down and cried really hard. “You’re so mean laughing about it, you know how scared I was?” She nagged at him. “I’m sorry but it was so hilarious. Especially how Tae Hyung come over to you and was like…” He acted Tae Hyung’s attitude “Joo Hyun-ah! You have to listen to me! We have to ski all the way down otherwise you’ll be eaten up by a bear!” Seok Jin laughed hard. Joo Hyun rolled her eyes and Dong Hae chuckled at Seok Jin’s laugh. “Poor you…” Ji Soo empathized with her. “Yeah, right? And he is laughing his off here.” She said as she threw a plastic bag at him. “Thank god, Tae Hyung was there, otherwise I’d be like death or something.” She said. Dong Hae creased his forehead, having a straight expression. “Sometimes I have the feeling you wouldn’t come this far without him.” Seok Jin wiped his laughing tears. “Ya! That’s-“Joo Hyun shouted slightly “Slightly true…” She chuckled. “You two must be really close, huh?” Dong Hae asked her with a smile. “Like siblings.” She proudly said. “You sure? Sometimes I think you are lovers.” Seok Jin said, Ji Soo unobtrusive poked his calve. Dong Hae raised an eyebrow at his statement “What makes you think like that?” He asked. Joo Hyun looked at Seok Jin and mouthed him to shut up. “I don’t know, it’s just…sometimes they have too much skinship and behave like they couldn’t live without each- WHAT DO YOU WANT JI SOO BABY? WHY DO YOU KEEP POKING MY LEG?” Seok Jin almost shouted, not sensing what the girls are trying to signalize him. Ji Soo awkwardly laughed “Oh, baby, you can’t compare their skinship to a lovers’, huh? It’s just, like…like-“ Ji Soo held his hand “Like this.” She shrugged. “Yeah, simple and meaningless.” Joo Hyun added. Dong Hae rolled his tongue and grabbed her hand “Oh, you mean like this. So, simple and…meaningless?” He asked looking at Joo Hyun who got startled and parted her lips. “Yes.” She said and pulled her hand away “That simple.” Dong Hae coldly chuckled “Interesting…”

After about an hour everyone except Dong Hae fell asleep. Dong Hae looked to his left side, where Joo Hyun’s head was hanging to the front in a sleep. He slowly put her head back so she wouldn’t get any neck pains later. He corrected his sitting posture and neared his shoulder for her to lean her head. Now, Joo Hyun’s head was leaning against his shoulder and she was sleeping soundless like a baby. Dong Hae looked at the couple in front of him, they were also in this position. He smiled and tried to look at Joo Hyun’s face which was covered of her hair. He slowly freed her face from all the hair strains and tugged them behind her ear. Then, he also slightly leaned his head sideways on her head and gave her head a very light kiss after sniffing her scent.

 

They arrived at the hotel after a ride of two and a half hours. The bus ruffled a little which made the sleeping ones wake up. Joo Hyun winced her face and stretched her arms. She looked for Dong Hae next to her but couldn’t find him. She yawned and looked outside of the window. Dong Hae was outside helping the girls carry their bags. She rolled her eyes and immediately got out too. “How are you?” Dong Hae asked smilingly. “Good.” She answered and searched her luggage. “Your luggage is already in your room. You have to know…if you’re with Dong Hae, then things will get done before you ask for it.” He smirked. Joo Hyun faked a smile “You really enjoy playing the hero, aren’t you? What are you? The superhero for all the girls here?” She asked sounding totally annoyed. Dong Hae chuckled “Why? you want me to be your hero only?” He asked coming closer. Joo Hyun raised her hands, palms facing him “Stay there. Don’t talk nonsense and tell me where Ji Soo is.” Dong Hae pouted and frowned his eyebrows “Oh, so high tempered already. She is in her room mi lady, which is also yours. Number 203.” Joo Hyun sighed and smiled at the same time. She walked away. “Mine is two doors apart, if you want to know. 205.” He shouted after her which made Joo Hyun’s steps fasten. Dong Hae chuckled and turned around. His expression changed after seeing Sung Li, who is Yun Ho’s girlfriend, kissing a stranger in the corner. It was not the first time he caught her cheating on Yun Ho. Sung Li noticed Dong Hae observing them and broke the kiss. She said goodbye to him and walked to Dong Hae. “Dong Hae…” She smiled. Dong Hae’s expression was straight. “You won’t tell-“ Dong Hae coldly chuckled “How many times should I still have your back, Sung Li? Yun Ho is my close friend. I can’t hide it anymore. It makes me feel like I am a bad person.” He stated. Sung Li sighed “So, you want to ruin this trip?” Dong Hae shook his head “You are ruining this trip. Not me.” He walked away.

Joo Hyun opened the door of their room in 203 and walked in. Their room was not too small and not too big. A huge bed in the middle, a bathroom, a balcony and few cupboards were there. Ji Soo was unpacking her luggage “It’s nice here, right?” She asked smilingly Joo Hyun who nodded smilingly and jumped sideways on the bed. She sank into the smooth mattress and looked at the ceiling. “Ji Soo…I had a really awkward dream. It was so real but also unreal.” Ji Soo listened to her while continuing her work “About what?” She asked. Joo Hyun bit her lips. She remembered every single detail but suddenly decided not to tell. “I can’t remember well but it felt so real.” Ji Soo looked at her “Maybe because of the long ride. The stress factor and so on…” Joo Hyun sat upright “Yeah maybe.” She sighed. “I’ll also start unpacking then.” Since they arrived at 10pm, everyone was too tired and sleepy to do something wherefore they decided to sleep.

The next morning Dong Hae and Yun Ho were at the beach which was directly in front of their hotel. They were laying on a beach chair. “Woah! It was a good decision after all to come, huh? I told you, you wouldn’t regret it. I mean look at the sea.” Yun Ho said. “Let’s go swim later.” Dong Hae suggested and sipped his drink. Yun Ho nodded. He glanced at Dong Hae and noticed that his expression was far away from being satisfied. “Dong Hae, what’s the matter bro? Huh?” Dong Hae exhaled deeply. “You know, we just arrived, and I wouldn’t want to disturb the atmosphere but there is something I have to get rid of otherwise I can’t relax.” Dong Hae explained. “Ya, if there is something in your head, you should tell, regardless if we’re on a trip or not. the atmosphere.” He chuckled. “Sung Li-“ Yun Ho sat upright “All right. You want to ask me if I’m hundred percent sure of proposing her tomorrow since it’s a fast-made decision and so on. I can also understand that you’re worrying about me, colleague. You somehow never liked Sung Li judging from the outside, but I sincerely love her, and she loves me, too. She is really nice if you’d know her. I know that it is the right decision and the rest is unimportant. You can get rid of what you want to say, if it’s bothering you too much, but I wanted to let you know, nevertheless.” Dong Hae looked at the sea and thought about it “You know what? Let’s just ignore it, it wasn’t that important either…” Yun Ho tilted his head and smiled “As you wish, colleague.” He leaned back on his beach chair. Seok Jin walked to the beach chair next to Dong Hae, holding his towel. “Is it okay for me to be here?” He asked. “I don’t know lots of people here.” Dong Hae smiled “Suit yourself.” Yun Ho gave him his hand “I’m Yun Ho.” Seok Jin nodded “I know, I’m Seok Jin. Nice to meet you.” He said smiling. “Where’s Ji Soo?” Dong Hae asked, his head turned to him. “Sleeping.” Dong Hae nodded. Suddenly Yu Jin and her friends ran over to them “Mr. Lee, you want to play beach volley with us?”

Joo Hyun and Ji Soo were slowly waking up and yawned. “What time is it?” Ji Soo asked. Joo Hyun took her phone to see “9am”. Ji Soo stretched and yawned loudly “Did you sleep well?” She asked to which Joo Hyun nodded. “Me too!” Ji Soo said and put her feet down. “I’m hungry!” Joo Hyun slightly groaned which made Ji Soo chuckle. “Me too! Let’s go breakfasting.” She said and got up. She walked over to the window to open the white long curtains and saw the boys playing beach volley with other girls. She frowned and put her hands on her hips “Ya, unnie, you have to see this.” She said and glared at Seok Jin who was in a girls’ team. Joo Hyun frowned and walked over to her. Seeing what she was referring to, she shook her head “That Yu Jin really… look at her…she doesn’t miss any second, does she? It’s only 9am In the morning…” Ji Soo closed the curtain “They are literally flirting with the boys, I can’t explain it any differently. Why are they awake so early anyway?” Ji Soo complained. Joo Hyun sighed and walked into the bathroom “We’re the ones who are late, Ji soo-yah…”

Seok Jin was laying on the floor laughing hard. Yun Ho and Dong Hae threw sand on him. Then he stood up and tried to catch them. Yu Jin started throwing sand on them, too which ended into a sand fight between them. “Are you crazy, this is sand, not wool…” Seok Jin complained.

Ji Soo and Joo Hyun observingly walked to the beach. Ji Soo unbelievingly chuckled “Why is he laughing that much? What is so funny?” She nagged. “I wouldn’t be surprised, if they’d invite them clubbing later.” Ji Soo said. Joo Hyun questioningly looked at her “Clubbing?” Ji Soo nodded “Yeah, they have a club nearby. You already saw how Yu Jin was dancing last time didn’t you? Just look how they convinced them into their activities this early…”

Yu Jin walked to Dong Hae and tried cleaning his hair from all the sand. “Ah! I feel dizzy.” Dong Hae said and dropped himself on the floor. Yu Jin kneeled in front of him “You still have lots of sand on your hair” She chuckled. Dong Hae slightly ruffled his hair.

“Seok Jin-ah!” Ji Soo shouted and walked to his direction.

Dong Hae looked over to them after hearing Ji Soo’s voice. He saw how pissed Joo Hyun looked, walking after Ji Soo.

“Baby, what are you doing here?” Ji Soo fake smiled and snuggled into his torso. She looked at the girls. “I’m hungry, come let’s get breakfast.” She said and pulled him away.

Dong Hae opened his mouth in shock, wanting to say something but totally speechless. He knew she didn’t like Yu Jin and yet he was spending time with her and moreover they might seem close to her. Joo Hyun fake grinned at him “Close your mouth, unless you’ll catch sand.” She turned to the others “Hey, everyone. I’m Joo Hyun.” She introduced herself “I’m Hye Ri” “I’m So min” “Yoo jin" The girls said. Joo Hyun turned to Yu Jin who was still kneeling in front of Dong Hae “Yu Jin.” Joo Hyun said. “How about you girls leave now?” She sassily said. Yu Jin got up “Why?” Joo Hyun rolled her eyes “Because it gets boring already.” Yu Jin looked to the other girls who eyed Joo Hyun and decided to leave. Joo Hyun smiled at them in a thin line “Byeeee” She called after them. She shortly glared at Dong Hae and walked to a free beach chair. Dong Hae smirked, got up and walked to her. Yun Ho dumbfounded stood there and decided to leave since everyone left.

Dong Hae sat opposite to her beach chair. Joo Hyun crossed her arms and looked to the sea. “You know, I understand Ji Soo collecting her boyfriend but what were you doing here?” He smirked. Joo Hyun bit her inner cheeks “I- I wanted to know something.” She said. Dong Hae nodded slightly “Which is?” Joo Hyun turned to him “Has Lee Teuk oppa called to check if we arrived?” Dong Hae turned his head to the side and then back to her “He did. But there was no need to walk here in the morning to ask me about it. You could’ve just called, for example.” Joo Hyun fake smiled at him “I like it personal” She said and mentally face palmed. What kind of a response was that? She faced him. Dong Hae smiled “Did we make peace or are we still offended? I mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter