05/21 • Dong Hae

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, I'm back with a new short chapter :) I mean, it's still long but compared to the other chapters, I didn't write a lot this time.
I wrote this in a hurry just to give you a glimpse of Dong Hae's story without going too deep into detailed scenes. The details will be releaved in the normal process of the story, though. 
After this chapter, the story will continue there where it ended.
Have a good day and enjoy reading this chapter x3

Aaaaaand of course; don't forget to comment and share your thoughts 🤗

-----

Lee Dong Hae was born and raised to a poor family in Rokpyu. His father opened a bakery shop with the help of his old buddy who is also Hyuk Jae's father and his mother was a housewife. He had no other siblings but the fact that he was got along pretty well with neighbourhood's kids never made him miss a biological sibling. Since he was a child, he was very caring and polite to the others which impressed everyone since the neighbourhood's kids were mostly cheeky or adventurous. But it never stopped him to join the others whenever they planned to do something fun. At the age of six he received an ukulele from his father as a birthday present which turned into a real guitar when he grew older. In school, he would belong to the list of top students since he studied well every day. Along with Si Won, they would always get good grades in school. Si Won came from a wealthy family, so he wanted to work in the business world in the future. Dong Hae was interested in engineering and studied hard to major in civil engineering later, which he succeeded. In their youth his other friends and also best friend Lee Hyuk Jae would fool around and be involved in his father's games but this was never in Dong Hae's field of interest. Sure, he enjoyed spending time with time but he also had his priorities which were to study, to write songs and to help his father in the bakery shop. Around middle school there was another person added in his priority list. Lim Yoo Na from another block. The moment he saw her, he felt like he never saw a more beautiful girl in his life and aimed to marry her. He fell in love; real deep. Yoo Na and Dong Hae started dating around that time and were together until they finished college. Dong Hae became a civil engineer and Yoo Na pediatrist. They got engaged and were preparing to have their wedding. They even bought a single family house with their dog 'Jack' which Dong Hae got for Yoo Na on valentine's day. Everything was perfect like in a fairy tale but his happiness didn't last long when life decided to play a game against him. On Yoo Na's 24th birthday Dong Hae planned to have a surprise birthday party in their new home. He invited all of his friends and their families. Yoo Na had left the hosptial and had gone into her car to drive to their new home. Dong Haw had told her that it would be a romantic dinner between them both, so he was really happy to see him after a stressful day and couldn't wait to make home. Dong Hae was also really excited and imagined her beautiful face which would turn into a shocked expression when she would see all those decorations and their best people in her new home. Dong Hae's father baked her birthday cake, which was a chocolate strawberry cake. Yoo Na adored this flavor and Dong Hae knew it too well. They were all waiting for Yoo Na and Mr. Lee to arrive until Mrs. Lim and Mrs. Lee got a call from the police who informed them that they got into a car accident. First, no one could truly absorb the information and within a few minutes eveyone rushed to the crime scene. Once they arrived there, they saw three cars which probably had crashed into each other and a fallen over moped. There were also lots of police cars and ambulance vehicles. The moment Dong Hae saw how Yoo Na was pulled out from her car and on the other side his father who was laying on the street his vision crashed together. He couldn't breath properly. It was like something hit him really hard from the middle of his heart. They were both transported to the nearest hospital and were announced dead after a few hours. They later found out that the other injured people also lost their lifes.

Dong Hae was a living corpse since then. He imprisoned himself in his room and didn't spoke to anybody or reacted to anything. His friends did everything to cheer him up, to bring him back to life but ineffectual. Si Won even managed to hire a psychologist to look over for him but it also didn't help. He was only able to get up and 'exist' in appearance with the others. His mother was also in an unhealthy but a slightly better state than her son. On the one hand she lost her husband and on the other hand her son was a living dead. She also took therapy from the therapist whom Si Won has hired for them. She responded postively to the therapy. Her only motivation to be alive was her son but she couldn't handle the fact that he was killing himself day by day. Si Won and Lee Teuk persuaded his mother to live with the Choi's, since it was not helpful for her to be confronted with pain every single day. First, she didn't agree but later she agreed under one condition, only if her son would join Hyuk Jae to another town to restart his life and if she would always made sure from them that he was alright. Sooner or later, Dong Hae followed Hyuk Jae to the new city and he indeed got better. No one knows the reason why he was suddenly speaking to everyone and even decided to follow his passion for music. And no one asked, because they were glad enough that Dong Hae was back even if he was not fully himself. He basically lives like a normal person now but the old joyful, stupid and loving Dong Hae was replaced to a serious, disciplined and robot-like Dong Hae who lived his life in a defined routine. Since then he never dated another girl or glanced into engineering stuff once. He didn't even talked about that day or about his family. Everyone would know why, so they didn't bother to open those kind of topics. 

Dong Hae immediately found a job in the new town. He worked as a guitar teacher in a university. It was enough for him. Enough to live. The reason why he would move and go to work was for the sake of his mother and best friends. He accidentally heard how his mother was telling that she would end her life once she saw Dong Hae was also gone, he didn't want it to happen, so he tried to live. For his mother. For his bestfriend Hyuk Jae. 

Lee Hyuk Jae and Lee Dong Hae were always very special compared to the others. They would understand each other the most. Hyuk Jae was born and raised to a violent father who ruled a gang. His mother was dead when he was a little kid. Dong Hae's mum was literally his second mother. They beared something very deep which only the two of them would understand. Dong Hae's emotionality and naiveness sometimes lead to a certain point where he allowed others to talk bad about him or to use him for things they wanted him to do. In this case, Hyuk Jae would step into the scene and spoke for him. He always respected and accepted Dong Hae for the person he was and never tried to change him. The same goes for Dong Hae. Hyuk Jae missed a life which Dong Hae had. A happy family and a secure future. But Dong Hae would never boast about these kind of things. He incorporated him into his family and would help him in school as far as he could. Spending time with Dong Hae taught Hyuk Jae that life was more than ambition, ego or winning. There were also important factors like trust, caring or solidarity - literally in terms of love. Love for yourself. Love for your family. Love for your friends. Love for a stranger you might not know. Love for anything living. Hyuk Jae and Dong Hae had a brothership, in which they completed and supported each other. Even in those times where Dong Hae wouldn't speak a word with others, Hyuk Jae was the only o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter