16/21 • Silence before the storm

Joo Hyun & Dong Hae [pt.1]: Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNEDITED

----

After Joo Hyun and Dong Hae’s romantic dance session, they decided to leave the club. Joo Hyun walked automatically together with Seok Jin and Ji Soo, whereas Dong Hae planned to drop her home. He sighed and looked after her with a sad gaze. Ji Soo noticed his expression and told the others to go ahead. Dong Hae lowered his head slightly after Ji Soo stood in front of him with a smile. “She’s not an easy deal, right?” She said which made Dong Hae chuckle a little. “Mr. Lee…can I call you Dong Hae oppa since I’ve got the feeling that we’ll see each other more often in private.” She said which made Dong Hae nod “Sure.” Ji Soo tugged her hair strain behind her ear “I don’t know Joo Hyun unnie for a long time, but I can assure you that she is very stubborn. Like seriously. Even in her studies.” She chuckled “I don’t know how she handles those relationship and love topics, but what I definitely know is that she made herself crazy just because she rejected your kiss a few weeks ago and talked nonstop of you which – sorry for saying this – got annoying afterwards. I couldn’t handle hearing your name anymore.” She chuckled. Dong Hae frowned a little and the corner of his lips raised up “She did? Then, why is she behaving like it’s not a big deal?” He asked. Ji Soo raised her eyebrows and shrugged “Because she is Bae Joo Hyun. Not pretending but being hard to get.” Dong Hae nodded slightly and lowered his head. “I can see how much she means for you, just be a little bit more patient. You’re both my biggest ship, you know. I pray that it’ll work out for you. Fighting!” She called and smiled. Dong Hae chuckled “Thanks, Ji Soo-yah.”

The next morning Ji Soo went directly to Joo Hyun to have a breakfast together. She was setting the table while Joo Hyun was chopping the veggies. Ji Soo noticed that Joo Hyun was deep in her thoughts while she was chopping the cucumber in a monotonous rhythm. “Are the paprika ready?” She asked her but Joo Hyun didn’t get her question. “Ya! Hello?” She called again. “Omg, isn’t that Dong Hae oppa?” Ji Soo said as she pretended looking out the window. Joo Hyun immediately let the knife down and rushed to the window “Where?” She asked. The streets were empty as hell, so she turned to look at Ji Soo who grinned at her. She threw a towel after her “Very funny…” She said and went back to chopping. Ji Soo laughed “Sorry, but this topic seems to be interesting you the most nowadays. Dong Hae here, Dong Hae there… by the way, have you talked to him after your romantic night?” She asked with a grin. Joo Hyun listened to her and sighed. “I have a feeling that the time is near for you to come together.” Ji Soo sat down. Joo Hyun felt her heart inching and tried to hide her smile.

Dong Hae was slowly waking up from his sleep. After so long time, he literally had a decent sleep. He opened his eyes due feeling the sunlight on his face. He rubbed his eyes and smiled in thoughts of the memories of yesterday. He recalled Joo Hyun’s eyes, smile and several expressions she did last night. “I’m going crazy!” He said laughing as he ruffled his hair. “How can she be the first thing I think of in the morning…”

“WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ELSE?” She shouted. She sighed and touched her face “Okay! Alright! I give up! You won! Are you satisfied? Let’s go now!” She took his hand and pulled him away but Dong Hae stood still which made her turn around and raise her eyebrow at him. “I can’t leave Yu Jin alone.” He said. Joo Hyun clenched her jaw and looked at Yu Jin “If that’s your decision…go to hell.”

+

+

"I thought you wanted to start over. Haven't you told recently that you'll start working and besides all that Seul Gi was never a fan of moving back and she is working here even Lee Teuk hyung is here right now. So, what is your problem? Why do you want to go back?" Hyuk Jae sighed "Seul Gi and I had a little discussion about it and decided to move back. My father needs me." Dong Hae felt his blood boiling after hearing the latter. He smirked and nodded "Okay. Go to hell!"

Dong Hae recalled those both memories in his head and smiled slightly. They had the same attitude and the same temper when it came to issues regarding their beloved ones. Dong Hae got up out of bed and opened the window, letting the fresh air waving in his room. He stretched his torso, birds singing outside. He exhaled deeply and leaned on his elbows. He looked up to the sky and smiled “What a beautiful day.”

“I have to admit that it scares me, we’ll go too far.” Joo Hyun said. Ji Soo rolled her eyes while munching her strawberry jam sandwich. “Why?” She asked. “Because, you are a stubborn goat?” She said. Joo Hyun glared at her “Ya, you might handle these kinds of situations easily but it’s so difficult for me to open up.” She said. Ji Soo looked at her “Then, how did it work with Doo Joon?” She asked. Joo Hyun sighed “It was a different thing from this one. Doo Joon’s and mine family were very good friends and we started as friends also and then the process developed but it was always Doo Joon making the first move. When I think of it, I’m not even sure, I had the same feelings before then I have now.” She explained. Ji Soo smiled “What kind of feelings?” Joo Hyun raised her gaze to her “This is the strange part. I can’t define it in words. With Dong Hae everything feels different. From the moment I saw him, I was already like hypnotized and whenever he is next to me, I forget about everything and anything and have these roller coasters of emotions.” She bit her toast. “And moreover as I said…” She sighed “I’m afraid. I’m afraid I’ll lose him like every single person I lost from Rokpyu.” She explained. Ji Soo stopped munching and gave her all her attention. “You didn’t lose everyone tho. You have Tae Hyung oppa, then the others are also here…” She softly said, trying to motivate her. Joo Hyun sighed “With Tae Hyung it’s not the same… He is safe because, he’s from a wealthy family. You don’t know Rokpyu, Ji Soo. You don’t know its gang, its leaders. What they aim for, which people they aim for… It’s just horribly scary…” She said with fear in her eyes. Ji Soo touched her hand “Unnie, I can understand it all but think of the fact that we are not in Rokpyu. You have escaped that town. Don’t you think it’s somewhat like a destiny that Dong Hae oppa escaped it, too and met you here?” She softly smiled and looked at her. Joo Hyun slowly turned her head “Do you really think so?” She carefully asked. “Of course!” She leaned back “Nothing will happen, trust me. You’re on the safe side, now.” Joo Hyun thought about her words and sighed. Ji Soo once clapped her hand “Unnie! Now, it’s not the time to talk about bad, sad and gloomy things. Look at the weather outside, think of what happened yesterday and most importantly…” She leaned in and whispered, “Think of what might happen in the summer camp.” Joo Hyun looked at her with a cringed face and hit her shoulder “What are you thinking of?!” Ji Soo laughed and leaned back. She exhaled deeply “Ahh…you never know…” She said and grinned.

Joo Hyun and Ji Soo decided to sign up for summer camp to spend the time together and relax. Their decision was made without knowing that Dong Hae officially signed up too. When they saw his name on the participants list, they immediately convinced Seok Jin and Tae Hyung to make it a somehow ‘couples’ trip’. But those times were before Dong Hae and Joo Hyun got closer and where Joo Hyun was endlessly motivated for the trip, whereas today she gets very nervous thinking of the fact that she’d be on a two days trip with Dong Hae. On the other side, Dong Hae was convinced of his colleague Yun Ho who loved summer trips of the college and he almost participated every year. Regarding the fact that Dong Hae had new aiming paths, which is to spend more time with Joo Hyun, he wanted to remove his name of the list but seeing her name on it, he decided otherwise. That way, everyone willingly or unwillingly signed up for the summer trip to the sea for two days.

Tae Hyung and Nam Joon were playing outside soccer in their garden. “Aren’t you supposed to pack right now?” Nam Joon asked as he dribbled the ball between his feet. “Aish!” Tae Hyung cursed and ran a little faster after him to get his ball back “I am but who says that I want to?” Nam Joon stopped and glared at him “The departure is in a few hours.” He stated. “Don’t be so impassive.” Tae Hyung patted slightly and sighed “I have no motivation for that stupid trip.” He said and dropped himself on the grass. “Then why did you sign?” Nam Joon asked. “I didn’t. Joo Hyun did.” He explained. Nam Joon kneeled in front of him “Wow, you’re sure you’re not dating? I mean, is she allowed to take those decisions for you and you literally obey…” He looked at him. Tae Hyung chuckled “If queen bae says so, it’ll be like it.” He said. Nam Joon smirked “You need a girlfriend.” He said. “A real girlfriend.” Tae Hyung looked at him and shouted a little “Ya, what about you? Lecturing others is simple but what about your own grass?” He nagged. Nam Joon chuckled “I’m good man, but you definitely need one.” Then he ran inside to open the belling door. Tae Hyung rested fully on the grass, looking up to the sky and closed his eyes. Suddenly, the sunlight on his eyes disappeared which made him frown a little. He opened his eyes and saw a tall male figure looking down at him in a full shadow of the sunlight. Tae Hyung widened his eyes and immediately got up “HYUNG!” He cheered. The older one smiled brightly “How are you little brother?” He asked. Tae Hyung gave him a big hug.

 

Since Dong Hae was bad in packing by himself, he called his biggest help in terms of doing those kinds of tasks. So Ra. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter