Chapter 19

Twenty

We were strolling in a gently lit path; the calming rustling of leaves from the unfamiliar, beautiful trees surrounding us can be heard. Around the corner, small wooden house can be seen, and behind it faint and gentle flattering lights from the city below can be seen. We decided to sit on the hut, not wanting to miss the rare sight. We were quiet, busy taking in the view, until I remembered,

“I talked to Yu Ra yesterday. She apologized” I break the silence.

“You forgive her even before she apologized didn’t you?”

“Well,” I shrugged before adding, “I’m just relieved that I talked through it with her.”

I turned my attention to him when I heard shuffling from his direction. He takes off his jacket and put it around me, “It’s cold” I thanked him.

“You’re really something else. Usually girls would say ‘are you not cold?’” he chuckled.

“Well if you’re cold, you don’t have to give me in the first place? Right?” I replied him as a matter of factly, while laughing and he started laughing.

“I’m happy you’re relieved now. But next time, maybe you should be harder on that kind of people.” He said, retreating back to the topic.

“My dad contacted me a few days ago” he added and my head turned to him in an instant, “he wanted to meet me.”

I still stare at him, signaling him to continue, “What? That’s it.” He ended his story, just like that.

“Well. Are you going to meet him then?”

He sighed, “I don’t know”

“I think you should. Hear him out, and then maybe you can move on from the past. I know it’s not that easy though” I suggested, before adding “whatever your decision is, I’ll be behind you”

I saw his lips curled upwards slightly, before pulling me into a headlock. “Ah! What is this for!” I struggled in his grasp.

We sit there for a while longer, before he takes my hand in his, “Let’s go explore some more”. I blushed at the contact and I can hear the thumping from my chest. I shake off the thought and try to focus on my surroundings. When we were walking, I felt a tug on my wrist from Bobby’s sudden halt. Suddenly, his hands covered my eyes, “Wha-” he turned my body and hugged me so tight that only my mumbling can be heard. Surprised at the close proximity, I felt the heat on my face and my heart started racing so fast. Afraid that he’ll hear my loud heartbeat, I tried to push him away when I heard him, “Shhh!”, while slowly bringing me along with him.

When he let go of me, I half whisper – half shouted “why did you do that?!”

“I saw Hanbin and Kei…..” he struggled to find the right words

“What?”

“You know…. do stuff”

“Oh God. I did NOT want to see that” I exclaimed in response while blushing.

“You’re welcome. I was protecting your innocent eyes” he laughed, before adding while shuddering, “I think I need to rinse my eyes with soap now.’’

We went back to our caravan area. I decided to relax inside my caravan, while he joined his friends, who’re still sitting around the campfire. Before I entered my caravan, to my surprise, he grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards him. I turned my head, and saw that he’s about to say something before stopping himself. And he suddenly let go of me and take a step back, “Never mind. Goodnight.” He turned away. This is the second time he did this. Like he’s hesitating.

I tidied my bags and sort out my skincare-makeup travel pouch on my desk. I realize that I’m still wearing his jacket. I need to return it. He must be cold outside. I went to where the guys are sitting, when I heard my name being mentioned by one of them, I stopped.

“You don’t seem to be playing with her” said someone who’s voice sounds like DK.

“That’s impossible! Someone like Bobby? Like Park Hyo Kyung?” another said

“She’s special to me I guess.” This time, I’m sure its Bobby’s voice.

“So you’re saying you like her then?” someone said.

There was a moment of silent and for some reason I continued to listen, wanting to know what Bobby’s answer is.

“Nah. She’s my childhood friend.” Bobby answered.

“Right? There’s no way Bobby will seriously like someone! You and her is the total opposite.” Someone said while laughing.

I felt the squeezing pain in my chest and I wondered why. Am I disappointed? What answer do I want to hear? What am I expecting from him? That night, I can’t stop the sick feeling in my stomach and never-ending thoughts popped into my head.