Chapter 14

Twenty

Bobby’s POV

Hundreds of conversations and laughter overpowers the loud music in the bar, all of them competing with the music dominating the atmosphere. The crowd is young, mostly university students. Hanbin and I were sitting in a round table that is mostly empty, where another 5 guys should be occupying. I was busy sipping the drink in my hand while bobbing my head to the music until I realized Hanbin is staring at me. “What?” I looked at him disgustingly.

“You’re weird.” Hanbin said point-blank. Confused at his comment, I waited for him to continue.

“Usually you would start preying on girls once you enter this place.” I chuckled at that. When he realized I was not going to say anything, he continued, “I never saw you getting so worked up for someone’s problem like in the canteen”. I still kept quiet, not knowing what to say.

“Hyo Kyung” he said her name and my heart immediately soften at the sound of her name. He continued, seeming cautious of what he says, “She’s a nice girl AND she’s not the type you should be playing with. You know she’s way too nice to be treated like one of your toys. You actually know that right?”

“I’m not playing with her” I blurted.

“You’re serious about her?” Hanbin asked, quietly. I could hear the doubtfulness in his voice.

This is what has been bothering me lately. I ruffled my hair in frustration, “I don’t know bro. She’s in my mind all the time. I keep worrying about her knowing that someone out there is trying to hurt her, especially after what that did to her. When I saw her cry, my heart sink and all I did was hug her. I just wished I could do more. I want to protect her from this messed up world.” I glanced at Hanbin as he listened attentively. “Not to mention that guy, I got so mad when I found out he ask her on a date. that should be me on that date. I mean, what’s so good about that guy anyway. He looks stupid!” I rambled.

Hanbin stared at me in awe, “Damn, I didn’t think you are capable of falling in love.”

“Whatever man.”  I rolled my eyes.

Just in time, the rest of our friends final arrived. Hanbin gave me the look, as if trying to say that this conversation is not over.

 

Hyo Kyung’s POV

My phone buzzes when I am busy painting. It was a few days before the exhibition day, so I was adding the finishing touches to my painting. My phone light up showing Bobby’s name. For some reason, his name appears often in my phone lately.

“Where are you?” the other line speaks.

“Art room. Why?”

“I’m going there!” and the phone call ended just like that and I just stand there dumbfounded, but continued with my painting anyway.

A few minutes later, the door opened to reveal someone none other than Bobby. He smiled like a kid before sitting there.

“Why are you here? Do you not have anything else to do?” I asked and he just shakes his head. “Just continue painting. I’m not going to disturb you” he gestured to my painting.

“Tch. Okay then” I give him an eyed look, before concentrating back to my painting.

I was so preoccupied that I lost track of time and realized Bobby has been quiet this whole time. I put away my painting tools and cleaning up before I turned to check on Bobby, to see him sleeping with his head lying on the table and his body rising and falling in steady breath.

I walked towards him and sit stealthily, to not wake him up. I lay my head in the table, facing his peaceful sleeping face. He looked like a child. I took my time to stare at him and I smiled at the sight. Without thinking much, I moved my hands to move his hair away from his face.

Just when I touched his hair, he opened his eyes, meeting straight at mine, and his hands grabbed my wrist. I froze, stunned at his sudden consciousness. He gave me his teasing smile “Why are you touching me?” in a raspy voice. My face turned red in an instant and I get up from my position.

He laughed at my reaction, teasing me even more “Wow Hyo Kyung. I don’t expect you to be like this.” Then he pretended to cover his body “I feel so violated.”

“HEY!” I hit his arm in embarrassment, before I distance myself to pack my back to let the heat from my face go away.

“Cute” he muttered. I turned my head when I thought I heard him say something, glaring at him “What?”

“Nah.” He said with his eyes slowly turning into crescent moon with mouth twitching, as if he is fighting a smile.