Chapter 19

We Got Married : Fox Couple

 

"Mieun-ah, NU'EST is coming back today right?" Mandy who was sitting in" front of me, asked.

 

"I think so" I told her without looking up from my phone. 

 

"What's up with your dry response?" Jia asked raising her eyebrows at me. 
 

"Nothing, I'm just tired" 

 

"Where are the oppas? Today is their first performance right?" 

 

"i don't know, text them if you want to know."

 

"That's it kang mieun, what's going on with you? Are you and minhyun fighting?" Jia asked me seriously

 

"I am telling the truth unnie... There's nothing wrong with Minhyun and I, I'm just tired. I havent talked to oppa the whole day because were both busy. Can you just stop questioning me?" I said unaware that I was slightly raising my voice at her. 

 

"Kang Mieun watch your mouth. Jia unnie is still older than us." Miru said trying to stop it. 

 

"I don't know what your problem is but I suggest you to fix your Mieun. We are sharing this holding area with NUEST, I don't want them to see this attitude of yours. Don't ruin this day for them Mieun, don't ruin this day for us. You are not the only one who's tired but you don't see us throwing a fit like a child." Jia told me as calmy as she can. 

 

"That's really coming from you Jia? Aren't you the one acting like a child? I don't want to talk about anything... I don't have any problem, I am just tired. off please" 

 

"If that's what you want then so be it. Im just trying to be a good leader and a friend here mieun. Just get your together" Jia grabbed her cellphone and went to the catering. 

 

Mya walked passed by me and just patted my shoulder. 

 

"That wasn't really nice Mieun... Jia just wanted to help" 

 

I sighed before fully facing her. 

 

"Jia and the two of us are the same age... I appreciate that she's just trying to be our leader but I don't need my leader right now, I need my friend Mya."

 

"You weren't nice Mieun. You disrespected Jia, our leader, older sister and most importantly our friend. You couldve said things a bit nicer if you really want her to leave you alone. Instead, what you did was talk to her rudely. You hurt her feelings eun-ah." Mya explained

 

"Eun-ah you don't have to share everyrhing with us. We understand that we all have a secret we wish to keep just don't lash out. Jia is having a hard time but she didnt want to tell the three of you because she knew it would just worry you. I made a promise to her that I will keep this as a secret. She's been carrying a big burden behind her back but none of you noticed. You didnt know she hasnt been sleeping well or that she's been starving herself to death just for this comeback. She smiles in front of you acting like she's just fine because she's our leader but deep inside she's the one who's hurting the most. I'm not putting the blame on anyone but I want you to reflect on what you just did eun-ah. Jia was just being a good leader and a great friend. She didnt deserve any of this" 

 

Before we could ask her about Jia's problem, the door opened and we saw the NUEST members arriving one by one. 

 

"Eun-ah, why are you crying?" Minhyun said rushing to my side. 

 

"Nothing." 

 

"umm Mandy... where's Jia?" Jonghyun oppa asked after scanning the room. 

 

"She went out to get some air" Miru answered for Mandy unnie. 

 

"I'll just go to her... I think I know what's going on now. Stop crying Eun-ah, I'll go look for her" Jonghyun said smiling sadly at me. 

 

 

"What's wrong Mieun?" Minhyun asked again holding one of my hand in his while the other was wiping my tears. 

 

"I don't know what's wrong with me oppa..." I said before burrying my head on his shoulder and crying even more.

 

"You need to tell me what happened so I can help you..." He said whispering

 

"I heard they hired good catering today. Dongho, Minki, Miru, Mandy, do you want to check it out with me?" Aron oppa asked. 

 

"Oh okay oppa, let's go" Mandy answered getting his hint. 

 

When they went out of the room, Minhyun sat in front of me and waited for me to patiently answer him. 

 

"The unnies was asking questions about you and the oppas. I was a bit tired so I guess you can say my answers were dry. They were asking me continously if we fought... I started to get irritated then the next thing I know, Im saying things I didnt mean. I feel so bad oppa. I said mean things toward Jia unnie. I'm so mean" 

 

"Eun-ah... I love you okay? You must have really said mean things toward jia. She's not the type of person to leave the room just because of a small argument. I can't help you like this because I know you're not comfortable telling me some things. I want you to focus on now first. Apologize to Jia when she gets back then tonight after the show, we'll look for help okay? To be honest, I've been noticing some changes in you after we admitted were dating. We'll seek help okay?" 

 

"I'm not crazy oppa" I told him immediately

 

"No love, you're not crazy. You need someone to talk to... Someone who's going to listen to you and help you..."

 

"I dont want to go oppa" I told him defensively

 

"I'm not gonna force you to do something you don't want to do Eun-ah. If you don't want to... then this is the last time we'll talk about this." 

 

We turned immediately when we heard someone knock at the door. After the third knock, the door opened and we saw Jonghyun who has Jia unnie with him. Her eyes were a bit puffy and red which made me feel extremely guilty. 

 

I walked towards her and hugged her. 


"I'm so sorry unnie... I was mean... I was just tired really. I know it wasnt an excuse but please forgive me. I didn't mean anything I said. Please slap me or hurt me... I'm a bad dongsaeng" 

 

"We already said and did things we didnt mean Eun-ah. Hurting you is pointless. We are both wrong, I shouldve just left you alone when I detected you are in a foul mood. I apologize to you as well. Now please stop crying... It's really embarrassing crying in front of Jonghyun and Minhyun" She said smiling. 

 

"I'm so sorry unnie" 

 

"Nado Mieun-ah. Let's just forget this happened"

 

I nodded at her before breaking the hug