Chapter 05

We Got Married : Fox Couple

“oppa” a soft voice called out pulling me out of my internal battle with myself. 

“Is mieun your unnie?” I asked the obvious question. She answered me with soft nods.

“What’s your name pretty little lady?” Seongwoo said kneeling in front of the toddler. 

“Kang Jieun, 4 years old” Sehe said shyly. 

“You looked a lot like your unnie” I told her smiling. 

Her eyes lit up as she smiled widely. 

“CHINCHA??? EOMMAAAAA OPPA SAID I LOOKED LIKE UNNIE” She said running to her mother. 
Mrs. Kang laughed as she walked towards us. 

“She idolizes her older sister a lot. Jieun wanted to be like Mieun when she grows up.” Their mother explained. 

“She looks like mieun”” I told her in awe. 

“Yes she does look like her." her mom said smiling


“I’m so sorry for just showing up here Mrs. Kang. My friend here just wanted to see your daughter”
Seongwoo explained making her mother smile widely at me. 

“You don’t have to explain anything to me seongwoo. I understand it completely, he’s her husband after all” 


“But they aren’t shooting anything right now eommonim” He added


“I know. I am a mother and I can see from a mile that my daughter and Minhyun has special feelings for each other. I knew and I can feel that they like each other,. Call it a mother’s intuition.” She said laughing. 

“You like our mieun right?” she asked turning to me. 

I don’t know how to answer her question. I

“It’s simple, yes you like her or no you don’t. Yu don’t have to think twice about it” She added. 

What do I really feel? 

Ahh why is this so confusing???


I wasn’t able to answer her question since jieun dragged me to their backyard to play. 

Unlike Mieun, Jieun loves the outdoors. She’s very good with meeting new people and she’s really a ball of sunshine. I can see why mieun loves coming home here. 

After an hour of playing catch, Seongwoo took over. 

I went inside and helped her mother prepare snacks for jieun. 

“You should take a rest Minhyun-ah, you are a guest in this house”

“But eommonim…”

“No buts just go back to the living room and wait”She said firmly.

“Can I stay here eommonim? Seongwoo is in the playground with Jieun”

“Alright but please don’t start cleaning or else I’ll be mad at you”

Silence enveloped us and only the chop[ping of the fruits were heard.

“Eommonim can I ask you a question?” 

“Go ahead”

“Why aren’t you surprised I am here?”

“Because I knew you were never lying about how you feel for my daughter. You weren’t pretending you like her because you really do. I lived and loved enough to recognize someone in love. I can see that whenever you look at my daughter. No man has ever looked at mieun as if she’s the only person in the entire world.”

“I was just treating her nice”

“I kniw that’s why I really like you for her. yYou can be honest with me.”


“I don’t know how I feel. I don know I like her but love? I don’t know eommonim. It feels weird talking to you about this especially since Mieun is also your daughter”I told her frustratedly

“You look like you are really close with your mother. You were confiding very naturally it seems as if you do this a lot with her”

“I do. I oftenly talked to her about almost all the stuff but when it comes to girls, I just cant. I’m afraid she’ll be against it. To be specific I am afraid of myself if she does disapprove of someone I like. I am afraid I’ll stop seeing that person because I don’t want to hurt my mother.”

“Stop fretting over the small stuff. Parents will never be ready to say goodbye to their kids but you know what, all parents wanted the same thing and that’s the happiness of our children.”

“I liked mieun, Mrs. Kang. Whenever I am with her, I am myself. I don’t have to pretend to be somebody that I am not."

“My daughter likes you too. She hasn’t said anything about it to me yet but I can feel it. My kids are all introverts. They find it hard talking to people let alone be close to many people. Whenever she’s with you my daughter smiles a lot. Whenever we talk she’s always talking about how happy she is with her day and what you both did the whole day. You have an effect to my daughter that I can’t even explain. Even jieun… You were able to get her approval”

“What do you mean?”

“I am sure you are aware that there are many guys who were linked with Mieun before. She never dated them so you don’t have to feel threatened about it. She starred with them on music vieos or cfs . Jieun never approved of them. She hates seeing boys approach her unnie but with you, she’s okay with it. Both my daughters sees something in you. I didn’t know that at first but as I watch your show with my daughter I finally understood why they liked you. You don’t have to feel pressured to act on whatever you are feeling for her. If you decide to stop liking her that’s your decision but if you decide to continue this to something more, just know that you have the approval of her family. We are all rooting for you Minhyun-ah”

“I don’t know what to say” I told her in awe

“Our house will always be open to you and your family. Call the others and let’s eat” She said smiling. 

WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED???