Epilogue: Autumn

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
🍁🍁🍁 Nine months

It was autumn, the dried withered leaves of all shades; red, green, yellow, and orange covered the concrete road, rustling away as an Audi SUV zooms through the main road towards the Elyxion Grand auditorium in Jeju, with JongIn sitting in the back as he stares at the falling leaves in a deep furrow.

They had an argument. It was their first big fight since they got married and JongIn is very much bothered by it. Kyungsoo is nearing his due date and JongIn insisted on staying 24/7 by his side. But when Kyungsoo got to know that JongIn had dumped all his work on their A.I on Yoongi, with its launch gearing up in a few weeks, he insisted that JongIn do his job. Bringing his work home was fine, but when the time came for the A.I launch, JongIn had to step out of their house, this time till Jeju and he was not ok with it. Kyungsoo argues he would be all fine even if the alpha does not circle him for a day or two but JongIn persistently argues that he can’t leave him behind.

“I cannot leave you Kyungsoo. I will get anxious. This is our first pregnancy, how can I..” JongIn sighs, a hand on his hips and another on his head as he tries to talk to his stubborn mate. 

Kyungsoo was sitting on a couch surrounded by pillows as he leans back with his arms crossed above his huge belly, looking absolutely adorable and irresistible to the alpha’s eyes, but they are currently not in a situation where he cannot get his hands on his omega.

“Why are you the one getting anxious when I am the one that has to give birth to them?  JongIn.  Frankly, I am super infuriated with you constantly revolving around me. Give me a break!!”

“Oh sorry if I am being extra cautious about my 9-month pregnant spouse because he is about to pop any moment now!”

“You are not being cautious, you are annoying!! And I hate your pheromones!! Get away from me!!”

“You said my pheromones soothe you!!”

“That was 9 days ago!! Now it gives me a headache!! I don’t want you stinking me and my babies with your repulsive scent!!”

“Really Kyungsoo??”

And things spiraled down from there. Kyungsoo kept on listing things about the alpha that he hates and JongIn didn’t back down. He should have known that the whole argument was silly. Being the not- pregnancy- hormone- induced- constantly- on-mode-swing mode, he should have dealt with the situation like the normal patient alpha. But the heat of the moment made him completely non-rational and he ended up throwing in a few things that he didn’t like about Kyungsoo, completely infuriating the pregnant omega. It was so dumb he is glad there was no one else to witness their petty tantrum.

In the end, Kyungsoo tried throwing out the alpha. Keyword: Tried as taking a couple of steps itself drained out the omega, physically pushing out his mate was out of the question. But alas, Kyungsoo did end up succeeding because the alpha walked out voluntarily. And Baekhyun ended up packing the luggage for his boss.

Like the good secretary that he is, Baekhyun didn’t pray into his boss's personal life. Well, he will get all the juicy details from Kyungsoo as he is a super amazing, gossip-loving best friend. He simply stays by JongIn’s side, going through the speech once again and the alpha tries his best to pay attention to his secretary.

He doesn’t want to screw this up just because of a silly fight with his spouse. This is a big project and his and Agust D's team have put their blood sweat and tears into making this happen so he has to be the responsible CEO and do a bloody good job.

He takes in a deep breath; trying to mentally prepare to go up the stage as Baekhyun adjusts his mic, smoothing away any wrinkles on his suit, and ends up noticing the alpha clenching his jaw, his hands balled into a fist.

“Nervous?”

“Of course not! Why would I be nervous? I have done tons of presentations. This isn’t new to me! You know that.”

“I am not talking about Everly JongIn. I know you and Yoongi have been waiting for this day for years. And you are more than prepared for it. What you are not prepared for is fatherhood. Are you worried about Kyungsoo?”

The moment Baekhyun says his husband’s name, JongIn shoulders slump, letting out a defeated sigh and nodding his head.

“We...We had this silly argument and I’m worried that the stress from that whole thing got to him. He is full term and me not being by his side is making me really worried.” JongIn sigh’s once again and Baekhyun chuckles.

“I know being away from your pregnant spouse is not ideal. I remember how Sehun had assigned you the task of dealing with me when I was persistent on continuing my job despite being full term. Since you have taken good care of me, I’m gonna return the favor. I have sent Jongdae and Taehyung over to hang out with Kyungsoo. I got an ambulance on standby and Jungkoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter