Chapter 19

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He has a massive headache. His head hurts like hell and it’s not even funny. It’s like someone is trying to break it open with a drill machine and pluck out his brain. What the heck has he done for his head to hurt like that??

Kyungsoo slowly drags himself out of his bed into his washroom, scratching his bed hair and clicking his tongue, and maaaan does it taste bitter. It was a mistake because the moment his taste buds come to their senses and tastes that bitterness; his stomach churns and pushes out its content. He dashes into his washroom in time to empty his stomach content into the toilet bowl. He groans once he is done with puking all the stuff out of his system as he falls back onto the toilet floor.  He takes a couple of moments to collect himself and finally pulls himself up to wash up. He brushes the out of his teeth and rinses his mouth like a million times and lastly jumps into his shower to wash the smell off.

He gets down after a long refreshing shower, holding his head as he walks into their kitchen, searching for some hangover medicine. Once he finds it, he empties the content of the bottle and settles down in one of the chairs along the kitchen counter. He plops his head onto the cold marble and that’s when he finds a tray covered by a lid in front of him. He slowly removes the lid and finds a bowl full of Hangover soup, a glass of water, and a bottle of aspirin beside it. He finds a sticky note right beside it and Kyungsoo picks it up.

 

Good Morning Kyungsoo-shi.

I hope you are fine. You had quite a lot of alcohol and Baekhyun told me you are not really an alcohol person so I am a bit worried. Please do drink your hangover medicine and finish the soup. I am sure it’s gone cold by now so throw it in the microwave before you have it. Of course, I ordered it. You know I have zero skills when it comes to cooking. Hope you get well after you finish them.

JongIn

P.S. I hope you don’t tell my parents about the secret you learned from Jimin. Please Kyungsoo-shi

 

Secret?? What Secret?? And how much alcohol did he even have??

Kyungsoo ponders, despite his splitting headache to remember what happened the other day. And when it hit him, he gasps out loud, grabbing his head and banging it against the counter.

What had he done?? Has he gone mad!! What was he thinking doing all that??! He called JongIn Kai!! What the heck!! Jimin had casually told him about everything he learned from his boyfriend, but why did he even bring it up!! Damn, he really had gone mad, hasn’t he?!

He beats himself up mentally when it hits him once again. He bit JongIn on the neck, hasn’t he?? Tell him he just didn’t do that. Tell him he didn’t just do the stupidest thing he had ever done in his life. He screams into his hands in pure agony.

Just what the was wrong with him?? He has to apologize to JongIn. Oh lord, he really has to apologize to him.  He sits up with determination, banging his fists against the counter. He has to apologize, immediately.

***

Kyungsoo was standing in front of the 88 floors 264 meters skyscraper of Elyxion Group of Companies’ HQ branch located in the middle of the Elyxion town in Seocho-gu, Seoul.  It was the tallest among the surrounding smaller buildings, which are also part of Elyxion Group. This particular building is where higher officials work, that includes CEO Kim JongIn.

Kyungsoo takes in a deep breath; gripping the lunch box he was holding as he tries to calm his nerves.  He is nervous, not just because he had to apologize to JongIn after yesterday’s disaster, but because this was his first time stepping into the company building.

Yes, Chanyeol used to work in the same building, but he never once did step into this building, and that was all because of his mother-in-law. She never wanted him near her son. And that includes his family house, his company building, his business parties, everything. He had only been to his family house once in his lifetime, only to meet his grandparents and that’s when his mother–in–law put forward all these rules. She had made it damn clear to him that he is forbidden to step inside that company building. And he knows what her reason was. She didn’t what to lose potential business partners who might want their alpha daughters or omega sons to marry her son. Even after they were married. It was disturbing, really. She had warned him so much that he had lied to Chanyeol that he doesn’t want anything to do with his job. He is scared of the business atmosphere and he doesn’t want to be anywhere near that. Chanyeol complied with his desires even though he didn’t understand why Kyungsoo would be scared. He never took him along to his business parties. Whenever he wanted to take him to his family's house, he always avoided it with an excuse. Chanyeol even tried to make him come to his office, just to bring him lunch or to just casually chat, but Kyungsoo never came. Because nobody saw him, even though Chanyeol wore their wedding ring, no one in the company believed in him being married. Over time, Chanyeol had given up perusing him and was just fine to go back home to him. But Kyungsoo had always wanted to be in there, go to his husband with a warm homemade lunch. But he never could. 

And now, nothing is stopping him. He doesn’t have any offensive mother-in-law; he has two good in-laws that are so sweet to him. He had been to the Kim family house countless times. He is free to walk into this building and he is sure, if he wants to, he would be going to those business parties as well.

Even though he is a bit skeptical about JongIn’s reaction, he is sure, that JongIn wouldn’t do anything ill-mannered, and he has that faith in him.

Taking one last breath, he walks into the building, goes through all the security checks, and makes his way towards the front desk. He wanted to know whether JongIn was in his office, if not he could just wait with Baekhyun. Moreover, he can’t enter farther into the building without an ID.

“Excuse me?”

“Yes, how can I help you?”

“Yes, I was wondering if CEO JongIn-shi is in his office??”

“I don’t think everyone in this building has the privilege of knowing his schedule. He is a busy person after all. And if you have a meeting with him, you should know when he will be available. I am sure you have an appointment?” The beta woman looked irritated as if she is used to people asking around stuff and being all fussy about the CEO.

“Oh no, I don’t...

“If you don’t, then you are free to enjoy our Elyxion Café right there. If you are not interested in that as well, then I should force you to leave sir.”

“You don’t understand..”

“Security!!”  The woman shouts, even before he can explain the situation to her as two heavily built alpha men start marching towards him. Their pheromones were pungent, making him quiver as he closes his eyes, waiting for those two huge guards to drag him out when he suddenly hears it. His name being called in a familiar voice.  He turns around and finds a group of people in business suits and in the middle stood JongIn.  The alpha visibly relaxes, letting out an invisible sigh as he jogs towards him, with a wide smile decorating his lips.

But the next thing he does completely catches Kyungsoo off guard. JongIn wraps his arm around his waist, slightly pushing him towards his side, throwing him a charming smile, and engulfing him in his Sandalwood, Jamaican pepper, and bergamot scent. Kyungsoo looks up wide-eyed, glancing back at the group of people, and finds a woman in her skirt suit, standing right next to the empty spot where JongIn stood with an unintelligible look on her face. Beside her stood Baekhyun, who was clearly ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter