Chapter 7

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

They get married at a local court courthouse in the presence of their friends and JongIn’s brothers. It was a simple affair. Minseok arranges all the necessities for the day. They come, submit few documents, sign few papers, and there, they are married, bound legally in a requisite married life. Jimin does complain about his brother’s wedding being too simple. How can Kim JongIn, the business Mughal, one of the richest bachelors, and the CEO of Elyxion group marry like that?! And JongIn lies, telling his little brother that this is what Kyungsoo wanted, a simple and closed wedding, without unnecessary expenses and JongIn respects his opinion. He didn’t want to reveal Kyungsoo’s past to his family, at least for now when it can cause unnecessary misunderstandings. He will, when the time is right, but for now, Jimin doesn’t need to know.

Junmyun arranges a small congratulatory celebration at his own restaurant Wings’OExodus and everyone gathers around on a private floor, chatting and eating the special dishes served for the special event. Despite the obvious awkwardness in the atmosphere, everyone tries their best to lighten up the mood and have some fun, but the two main protagonists for the day find themself in a stiff situation. JongIn tries his best to pretend to be cheerful and Kyungsoo forces a smile every time he looks up. He sighs as he glances down at the Tiffany&Co wedding band wrapped around his left ring finger, presented by Junmyun, right after they were officially a married couple. Junmyun had hugged Kyungsoo, whispering into his ears, making him clenching onto his shirt, holding his tears at how sweet his now brother-in-law is.

"Welcome to the family, once again.” The same words he told long ago.

 

It was Spring when the flowers blossom with new life and new beauty, breeze a bit chilly at the beginning of the new season, and aftermath of the cold winter prior. But that wasn’t the reason why Kyungsoo was shivering at the moment. It was his wedding day. Chanyeol and he are going to become a married couple. It wasn’t an extravagant wedding like you would expect it to be. It was a small, silent affair in a beautiful church with only Chanyeol friends present. The reason behind it was because Chanyeol’s mom not accepting him. She didn’t want a nameless orphan omega marrying her son. But Chanyeol was determined to make him his life partner. She can abandon him for all he cares, but he is not letting Kyungsoo go. Kyungsoo was worried about it, but when Chanyeol reassured him that his mother wouldn’t do that, he decided to go with the plan. It was actually a secret wedding as well, with Chanyeol’s friends planning everything. They are going to show up married in front of his mom later on and that just made him even more nervous, clenching onto the bouquet of white roses when he feels someone hugging him from behind.

“Nervous?” Baekhyun whispers.

“Hmm” Kyungsoo reply made his best friend tighten his hug.

“Don’t be, you are marrying the love of your life, it’s a happy thing, so smile.” He puts on a big grin on his face as he looks at Kyungsoo through the mirror which immediately made him smile.

They pull away when the door opens once again and in comes Junmyun

“What a gorgeous bride.”

“Junmyun-shi” Kyungsoo walks up to hug him while the older guy whispers into his ears

“Welcome to the family.”

 

Kyungsoo snaps out of his thoughts when someone plops down into the empty seat beside him. He looks up to find a younger omega, his Hyacinth mixed with Vanilla and pears whiffing off him profusely, clearly stating his cheerful mood, as he smiles wide with his eyes turning crescent, resembling his now-husband.

“Hello, hyeongsu!!”

“H.Hello?”

“You don’t recognize me, you saw me at our house though.”

“Amm”

“It’s Ok, you were so nervous when our omma was growling at you the other day. Anyway, I am Jimin, JongIn hyung’s little brother! I came back from San Francisco with my parents not long ago; I was supposed to come back with my hyung but was held back by my old people. Oh..how I missed Yoongi Hyung !. Oops, I am blabbing. So what was I saying?? Ah.. you probably wouldn’t recognize me.”

“Oh.”

“It’s so good to meet you hyeongsu, I never thought my hyung will settle down this early. Wow, he does love you so much!!”

That statement made him laugh in his mind. Love?? Yes, he is in love, but not with his now-husband, but with his late husband. And he doesn’t even think that he would ever fall in love, again. Kyungsoo looks to the other side to find JongIn smiling at his friends and he can just see how fake it was. He places his palm against the heart pendant, along with his previous wedding ring, hiding behind his dress shirt, creasing it softly with his fingertips. It had been there since the moment he found it in his palms in the emergency and he clutched it tight, silently promising to always hold onto it. The act, the compromise, the sacrifice, all the façade hiding their misery with fake happiness, everything is for him, only to make his last wish come true.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter