Chapter 29

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*I don't know if I'm being dramatic but if you know u easily get high on feel, do grab your tissues.*

JongIn had been calling his secretary like million times now but the shorter omega had been ignoring all his calls. Great.

Baekhyun has been giving him cold shoulder these last few days so he understands if he is ignoring him but what about his luggage, his files?  JongIn sighs, walking to Baekhyun’s office, hoping that the omega had at least left him a note explaining this situation to him. And indeed, he finds a note, stuck to his office door, addressed to JongIn.

“I have arranged all the documents necessary for the meeting and packed them up in a bag and placed it on the conference table in your office. There is a pen drive with all the necessary information in the front pocket of that bag. And as for your luggage, it is on its way. Then, I will be taking my leave for the day, sir. Have a safe trip.”

On its way? How can the luggage come on its own? Just when JongIn starts pondering that bizarre idea in his head, he hears the elevator opening with a ding, and the person he least expected to see walks out. Kyungsoo drags the two suitcases out of the elevator and finds JongIn standing by Baekhyun’s office, the alpha just giving him a cold stare and walking back into his office.

Kyungsoo sighs but decides not to get dejected so easily. He follows the alpha into the office and once inside, JongIn stares at him blankly, asking “Why are you here?” his voice is ice cold and Kyungsoo doesn’t like one bit of it.

“I bought your luggage.”

“Why would you do that? I told Baekhyun.. actually, never mind. Just leave my luggage there and take your leave.”

“I am going nowhere.” Kyungsoo states, his feet rooted onto the floor.

“Pardon?” JongIn furrows, squeezing his eyes at the omega.

“I said I am not going back. I will be coming with you.”

“Why would you want to come with me?”

“Baekhyun isn’t coming so I will be going instead.”

JongIn scoffs “Just because you replace Baekhyun doesn’t make you my secretary. What use do I have taking you with me?”

“I have no use and I don’t care, I am coming with you and that’s it.”

“Tell me one reason why I should take you with me.”

“I. I cannot send you alone, I...I am worried for you.”

“Oh really now.” Ouch, that hurts.

“Look JongIn, I know something happened between us and I just don’t know what? So we need to talk, I am coming with you, and you will not stop me.”

“What if I don’t want to take you?” JongIn challenges.

“Then I will take the next flight to Singapore with zero money in hand and you will be obligated to take me in. And I also don’t know any of the multitudes of languages they speak there.”  Kyungsoo shoots back and JongIn sighs in defeat.

“Fine” he grunts, picking up his phone to call his pilot, and Kyungsoo sighs, letting out the breath he didn’t know he was holding.

Since when did simple conversations between them turn into arguments? Since when did JongIn lose the tenderness in his voice when he spoke to him? Since when did the tiny glint behind JongIn’s chocolate eyes vanish? He needs to know.

Their flight to Singapore almost takes 6 hours and throughout their flight, they speak absolutely nothing. The awkward silence between them was agonizing, but Kyungsoo holds it all back.

They check in to a suite and the first thing Kyungsoo realizes is that the suite has two separate bedrooms. So now JongIn doesn’t even want to stay in the same room as him ha?

Despite the jet lag, Kyungsoo patiently waits on the living room’s couch as JongIn slips into one of the bedrooms, coming out after a while refreshed, dressed in a different suit. He adjusts his cuffs, not caring about Kyungsoo’s presence as he simply walks towards the exit.

“JongIn, we need to talk.” Kyungsoo stands up immediately, stopping the alpha in his track.

“Not now, I have a meeting,” JongIn utters, not even bothering to turn around.

“No, you don’t. Your meeting doesn’t start until 10 am tomorrow; we still have a lot of time before that.”

“Oh, now you know my schedule as well? Didn’t you say you’re going to be useless?” JongIn mocks and Kyungsoo’s heart clenches. This isn’t JongIn. This isn’t the JongIn he knows. This isn’t the JongIn he loves.

“Stop it JongIn. Just stop it. What happened to you? What happened to us? Why..why are you doing this? Why are you doing this to me?! Did I do something wrong? Please tell me. I will correct myself. But please, stop doing this.” Kyungsoo pleads, his eyes becoming misty.

JongIn’s cold demeanor doesn’t change. He simply looks aside, letting out an annoyed sigh.

“Is this what you wanted to talk about? Because I don’t have time for insignificant .” Like you. You wanted to add that at the end, didn’t you? Kyungsoo muses bitterly in his mind. 

“Is that what I am?”

“What?”

“Because I am that insignificant in your life; is that why you have been ignoring me?”

“You know what! Yes! I am ignoring you because I am fed up. I am done with this bull. I am done pretending to be fine, pretending that everything is fine when it is ing not!! I am done with all the you put me through. I have had enough of you! Is that enough of an explanation for you?!”  JongIn shouts, swiping his hair back in an aggravated huff, swinging his hand against a flower vase, knocking it down.

Kyungsoo jumps away, trembling, fat tears running down his pale cheeks. JongIn takes in a shuddered breath and turns away, muttering

“I wish...I wish you have never come into my life.” It was low, but Kyungsoo hears everything. JongIn throws open the door and walks away and Kyungsoo collapses onto the floor, gasping for air as tears flow uncontrollably

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter