Chapter 11

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

Kyungsoo wakes up the next day to an empty bed. He slowly sits up, still a bit sleepy when a loud noise of utensils shuttering booms all over the house, completely pulling him out of his dreamland. Perplexed, he runs out of the room to find the whole place covered in smog. He doesn’t give himself time to think and runs into the kitchen, worried about JongIn, his brother, and nephew. But the moment he steps into the kitchen, he gets welcomed by a fist of flour slapping onto his face, covering him completely in white. He gasps, and that was the cue for all the noisy activities happing there to come to a halt. When the smog finally settles down, that’s when he sees the three human beings responsible for this, in no less state than him. They were a mess, their kitchen was a mess, and their house was a mess. Jimin’s eyes widen as he immediately gets on his knees, pulling Yuno down with him, clapping his hands together, and bowing down in front of Kyungsoo.

“Hyung, what are you doing? Get on your knees right now!!!” Jimin hisses at his hyung who gives Kyungsoo an awkward smile before getting on his knees. They stay like that in silence for a while, until they hear a muffled laugh. The three messy people look up to find Kyungsoo trying really hard not to burst out in laughter but ultimately, failing miserably. He laughs out loud, holding his stomach, letting his eyes turn crescent and lips into a complete heart. JongIn freezes completely, enchanted by that magical laugh, not until he gets his face hit by a hand full of flour. He coughs out, dusting away the excess flour off his face to find Kyungsoo with his hand up in the air and a bright smile adorning his lips. A smile slowly makes its way onto his face as JongIn grabs a bag of flour, running towards his attacker and making him his victim. He grabs his nephew, to which the tiny boy replies with an energetic squeal and together they attack his brother and husband. Jimin and Kyungsoo try to run away but still get hit by their powerful attackers. Yuno ends up jumping on the couch and clapping his hands watching JongIn chase Kyungsoo and Jimin around him in circles. They finally fall on the carpet, holding their aching stomachs and catching their breaths, with giggles still spilling from their lips.

“Do you know that the flour costs ₩ 11,300??” Kyungsoo voices out once he gets hold of his breath.

“Yeah, But that’s nothing compared to the damage caused to the couch and the carpet.”

“Look like you need to replace them JongIn-shi. But..who is going to clean this mess now??”

That made the three stiff, looking at each other and gulping down in fear, as they immediately get on their knees. They wait for Kyungsoo to finally lash out at them but nothing comes even after waiting for an entity. Jimin slowly lifts his head, only to get their heads hit.

“Aw, what was that for hyeongsu??” Jimin rubs his sore head with a pout to which Kyungsoo replies with a strain look.

“I know it’s fun throwing flour at each other. I admit it was fun; I laughed a lot after a really long time. But everything comes with consequences. You have to learn to clean your mess. So now since we are done with having fun how about cleaning the house?”

And that’s how they end up cleaning the whole place. JongIn and Jimin were in charge of dusting while Kyungsoo vacuumed the floor. Yuno’s job was to just sit there and make no more mess.

The couch was from a Ceccotti Collezioni leather collection and the carpet was millions worth Indian hand knit woolen and silk one. And that was the information that Kyungsoo doesn’t need to know. Lucky enough, the stuff weren’t expensive for just being fancy. They were strong enough to withhold the tornado that just passed through and JongIn had promised that he will send them for professional cleaning. By the time they were done, it was already afternoon and it was no time for breakfast. So no more pancakes. Yuno was sad for not being able to have some pancakes but Kyungsoo promises to make his few the next time he visits, cheering the boy right away. And also, they were too tired to even cook some ramen. So JongIn suggests going out to a restaurant and Yuno cheer. All of them drag their sweaty bodies into the shower and JongIn helps his nephew. Kyungsoo sits near the kitchen counter, fresh out of the shower and ready to go, listening to his husband’s voice shouting and the high pitch giggles of Yuno and Jimin, smiling to himself. They get down after good half an hour after JongIn practically squeezing his tiny human into his clothes and dragging him to their car. The car ride was fun, filling the space with the little man’s giggles. Yuno had a Polaroid camera in his hands, a gift from his mom, with which he took millions of pictures at every chance he gets so that he can stick them in his diary.

They end up going to a western-style restaurant. Kyungsoo and JongIn sit together while Jimin and Yuno sat in their opposite. JongIn orders Kobe Strip Steak for the main course with Truffle Omelette for starters and Chocolate soufflé as the dessert for everyone. Jimin adds a large margarita pizza to the list. He needs extra food because after all, he is still growing. Even if his parents and hyungs telling him that he had crossed the age limit for growth hormone to work, he doesn’t care, Yoongi believes in him. Kyungsoo wasn’t a fan of fancy restaurants but still, he was fascinated, not by the restaurant, but by how sophisticated JongIn looked, ordering their order. He looked like he is some kind of business meeting. He chuckles before ordering Broccoli Cheddar Risotto for Yuno, only to get a repulsive expression from the boy, making him chuckle once again and change it to a classic creamy Risotto. Once the orders come, they start having their food, while Jimin struggles to feed the messy Yuno beside him.

“I tell you, you are the worst kind of babysitter. Don’t even know how to feed.” JongIn comments with a smirk to which his brother replies with a glare.

“Oh really??As if you can do it.”

“Of course I can, who do you think I am??”

“Sorry to disappoint you Mr. CEO but this is not some kind of business transaction. It's babysitting and it’s a tough job.”

“Not for me.”

“Oh stop it you two. Jimin let's exchange our seats, I will help Yunie.” Kyungsoo gets up and settles down beside the tiny boy. The brothers continue bickering sitting beside each other and Kyungsoo just sighs. With a shake of his head, he cleans off Yunie with a napkin and feeds the boy who was so excited to eat with his Kyungie uncle and not with his annoying bratty uncle.

Jimin was the first to break of the ridiculous argument and catches the scene unfolding in front of him, making him whistle while leaning forward.

“Owww hyeongsu. You are good with kids ha??”

“Yes, I used to take care of kids in the orphanage. I really love kids.” Kyungsoo replies with a smile and looks at Yuno with a cute face, making the boy giggle out loud.

“Looks like you guys are ready to start a family. Maybe I should get ready for my new nephew or niece coming soon,” Jimin speaks up in a teasing tone, wriggling his eyebrows which immediately made the atmosphere awkward. Kyungsoo turns into a deeper shade of pink while JongIn tries to clear his throat with his ears turning red. Thankfully, Jimin mistakes the awkwardness with shyness and continues teasing the couple as JongIn tries to deny it with the least embarrassment he can master up.

Once they were done eating, Yuno drags them to a nearby park and they spend the rest of the evening with the huge ball of energy running all o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter