Chapter 24

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was winter, the white and glistering snow falls from the dark sky, the city lights mist in the light snowfall, as it covers the dense concrete jungle of Beijing, transforming the city into a glistering white painting.

JongIn gazes out of his office in the Elyxion’s branch in Beijing, the glass wall giving him a magnificent view of China Zun, twinkling through the slight snowfalls. He brings up his warm cup of coffee closer to his lips, enjoying the bitterness hitting his system after a long busy day. It’s been around a year since he became the CEO and he is must say, he is totally enjoying it. Of course, it is stressful but Chanyeol does most of the work. It’s not like he is dumping all the work on his friend, the side alpha just loves to work and JongIn loves to party. But that doesn’t mean he is irresponsible. He does his work, entertainingly and when Chanyeol assigns him with something, he does it diligently; making sure everyone knows who the boss is.         

A knock on his door gets his attention and JongIn looks back to find his secretary, Baekhyun, standing by the door with a smile.

“The meeting with the Design team is concluded, sir. Now we are free to leave.”

“Hmm, I want the branch manager to inform me once they finalize the design. And since we are done, we should get back to the hotel.”

“Yes sir, I will inform the manager and call your chauffeur. Please wait a moment.” Baekhyun turns around, pulling out his phone, and JongIn calls him out.

“You did a good job today.” The alpha compliments. It was Beakhyun’s first-ever international business trip since he became JongIn’ s secretary a month ago and the shorter omega proved his efficiency. He completely turns around, giving his boss a deep bow, thanking him for his kind words.

Once Baekhyun walks out, JongIn turns back to his glass window when his phone starts buzzing in his pocket. Fishing it out, he finds his business partner’s name flashing on it and JongIn picks up with a small chuckle.

“Are you checking on me, Mr. Park?”

“JongIn” it wasn’t Chanyeol.

“Sehun? What are doing with Chanyeol’s phone?”

“That’s not important. JongIn. You should immediately come back to Seoul.”

“Seoul? I will be coming back tomorrow morning. But …what’s the matter?” JongIn gets wary of Sehun’s tone. What is making his friend all restless?

“No, not tomorrow. You have to come now. Chanyeol…..Chanyeol got into an accident. He is in critical condition. He needs you here.”

That’s it. JongIn grabs his coat and dashes out of his office, running up to the elevator and pressing the button frantically.

“Mr. Kim, your chauffeur isn’t here yet.”

“Not the chauffeur, call my pilot, we need to get back to Seoul ASAP. Tell the Team leader, Mr. Choi, to grab our luggage and bring them along tomorrow morning. Tell him it’s a favor. We need to get back now.”

“But sir..”

“Beak, Chanyeol is rushed into the emergency.” JongIn turns around, his eyes clouded in anguish and Baekhyun immediately turns around, calling the pilot and team leader Choi, walking into the arrived elevator with JongIn.

They get runway clearance right away, immigration and boarding taking another half an hour. Once in the air, JongIn gets all tensed, anxious about his best friend. How can something like this happen?! It was just yesterday when they saw each other, how can something like this happen in such a short time?!?

Baekhyun squeezes his clenched hands, telling him that everything is going to be fine. He gives him a cagey smile, but the panic in his heart doesn’t subside.

They land at Incheon international airport after a two-hour flight and the drive to Seoul National University Hospital takes another hour. Yoongi was the one waiting for him by the entrance as he escorts him to the VIP ward where Chanyeol is admitted. He finds all his friends standing outside the room, on which his partners' name was written in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter