Chapter 31

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo snaps out of his deep slumber, gasping for air, the scene of the accident playing in front of his eyes like a reel, making him tremble to the core. He looks around, taking in the appearance of the white walls and beeping machines, feeling an awful sense of Déjà vu rush through his system. Just then the hospital door opens and in runs Taemin, hugging him delicately with a sniffle. He looks around, finding everyone there, but not the one he needs.

“Where..where is JongIn?” he rasps, his voice groggy and Taemin simply sighs, a pained expression on his face. What happened to JongIn?!

He doesn’t wait for anyone’s reply and jumps off his bed, only to stumble down into Minho’s hold.

“Kyungsoo, you have burses down your legs and your right hand is fractured, and so is your ankle. You hit your head pretty hard as well. So please, do not strain yourself. You need to take some rest.”

“But JongIn…”

“He is fine….for now. Let doctors check on you first. If they say it is fine for you to move, then we will take you to go see your husband. Ok?” Minho convinces the younger omega and Kyungsoo reluctantly nods. Moments later, a doctor comes and does his check-up and conform that Kyungsoo is fine. He just needs time to recover. And when he asks about JongIn, the doctor refers him to another doctor who had performed surgery on the alpha. Junmyun and Jimin help him to the doctor’s office and to his surprise, he finds out that his hyung, Jung Hoseok was the one who performed the surgery.

“I am so glad you are finally awake Kyungsoo. How do you feel?”

“I...I am fine hyung. But what..what about JongIn?”

“Ah yes, I will explain. You all should sit.”  Jimin wheels Kyungsoo near the table, both Junmyun and him settling down onto chairs on either side of him.

“Ok. Let me explain the situation. That accident that happened was really serious. If your husband hadn’t turned the car, the impact would have been quite severe and you both wouldn’t have survived the impact. I can say this for sure. Your husband saved you, putting his own life at risk.” Kyungsoo bites his lips, silent tears tumbling down his cheeks.

“Since the crash was directed straight to him, he had to sustain major injuries. He had a fractured left arm, four ribs, sternum, and left thigh bone. His broken ribs managed to puncture a hole into JongIn-shi’s lung. The broken bones need some time to repair. Fortunately, there wasn’t any neural damage and we could patch him up pretty well.  So he should be able to function normally once he recovers….Hopefully. But..” Hoseok pauses and Kyungsoo's breathe hitches. What could be worse than this?

“The major injury happened to his skull. The airbags did help lessen the impact but the damage was already done.  The blow to his skull made him lose quite some blood. He has minor swelling and intracranial hemorrhage. As in bleeding. So we had to…induce a coma.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen at that information, his heart beating wildly against his ribs. 

“We medically induced him into a coma so that his body can heal faster. When will he wake up? When he is fully recovered and when will that happen? It all depends on his willpower. It might take weeks, it might take months, all we can do now is wait. And hope he will cure himself inside out and wakes up as early as possible.”

Kyungsoo presses his trembling lips, closing his eyes to calm himself.

“Can I...Can I see him?”

“Yes.” Hoseok gives his approval with a smile and guides him to the alpha’s room.

Kyungsoo was the only one that was allowed into JongIn’s room and the moment his eyes landed on the unconscious body of his husband, he breaks down. There were a couple of machines beeping, showing the steady rate of the alpha’s heartbeat. An IV line was connected to his right hand and an oxygen mask supplied him with the life gas. Kyungsoo wheels in closer, taking in a better look at JongIn’s face, his heart breaking at the site of the alpha’s handsome face covered in bruises and cuts caused by the broken glass pieces, his face, and lips pale with reduced blood supply. His chest raised up and down, the only sign of life in the otherwise lifeless guy. Kyungsoo takes JongIn’s free hand gingerly, interlacing his fingers with the alpha, his head knocked onto the bed beside him as he cries, his cries muffled by the thick bed covering.

JongIn….JongIn was ready to sacrifice his own life to protect him. He put himself between him and the truck so that he could save him. Why…why does he have to do that?! Just why? Why does he love him so much that he was ready to kill himself for his sake!? Why does JongIn love him so much?! He has soo many questions that needed answers and only JongIn, only he will be able to answer them. He just wants JongIn to wake up. JongIn was talking about divorce and if he still wants to proceed with it once he wakes up, Kyungsoo will gladly let him go, but he wants JongIn to sit in front of him and sign the papers himself, tell him this is over with his lips, walk away and function just like normal, he just wants JongIn to wake up and he would do anything for that to happen.

Since then Kyungsoo spends all his time with JongIn. He would come by every morning, read some book or watch some movies with JongIn, talking and chatting with him, hoping,  just maybe, maybe these interactions would stimulate some kind of response in JongIn but so far, they were of no use. Their friends come by often, Jimin, Taemin, and Junmyun more frequently than the rest. They would also chat about random stuff, Junmyun about Yuno and Taemin about Minho. Jimin would sometimes speak about Yoongi, trying to provoke his overprotective brother but it always ends with Jimin crying at his brother’s lack of response. Taemin would always try to be cheerful when he is with JongIn, but Kyungsoo always finds him crying outside JongIn’s room. Days become weeks and weeks become a month. 5 weeks later, Kyungsoo gets discharged, his fractures healed and wounds fading away, getting him back to normal.

And now 10 weeks later, Kyungsoo still finds himself waiting for JongIn to wake up.

Kyungsoo walks into JongIn’s room, as usual, placing his bag on the bedside table and taking a seat beside his unconscious husband.

“Hello JongIn, How are you today? I...I am fine. I moved in with appa and abeoji. Which...I al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter