Chapter 10

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

By the time JongIn wakes up, it was already daybreak. He immediately sits up with his body sore and bones cracking up for falling asleep in that uncomfortable chair. He looks around and realizes it is already around 9 AM, and no traces of Kyungsoo anywhere in the room. He walks out of the room to a strong smell of coffee and bacon all around the condo. Getting down the stairs, he finds Kyungsoo in the kitchen, making some scrambled eggs and toasts. JongIn was stunned for a second because, in their 42 days of marriage, he had never seen Kyungsoo this early in the morning, let alone see him in the kitchen cooking something.

“Oh, you woke up JongIn-shi.” Kyungsoo voices out once he notices the alpha’s presence, pulling him out of his world.

“I am sorry I had to leave you behind in that chair. It must have been very uncomfortable for you. I thought of helping you back to your room, but I wasn’t sure if I would be able to balance you. But you don’t have to worry about my condition. I feel a lot better this morning. All thanks to you. Oh look at me; I am blabbing all by myself, not even letting you sit down. Please have a seat. I made some breakfast; we should have it before it gets cold. Please.”

Kyungsoo offers him a smile and JongIn goes paralyzed. That..that was the longest sentence Kyungsoo ever spoke to him. Still perplexed, he takes his seat at the dining table and Kyungsoo places a plate full of bacon, eggs, and toasts in front of him along with a warm cup of coffee. Halfway through his meal, Kyungsoo looks up to find JongIn just sitting, staring at him. He calls out his name and JongIn jolts out of his daze, blinking his eyes at him.

“JongIn-shi, you haven’t touched your food yet.”

“Ha.? Oh..ya..sorry.” JongIn hastily picks up his knife and fork, stuffing his face with toast and eggs.

“I am sorry if I surprised you a lot. I am sure you are taken aback by my sudden behavioral change.”

JongIn starts coughing hysterically and Kyungsoo immediately offers him a glass of water.

“Oh no… it's... it's fine...sure I was stunned but..”

“JongIn-shi, Thank you. Not just for last night, but for all this time. Thank you for helping me, both emotionally and physically. Frankly, I wouldn’t have let any alpha close to me in that situation but your sincere words and kind gestures didn’t give me a chance to oppose you. You are a good person JongIn-shi. Actually, I am slightly glad it’s you JongIn-shi, who understands me, gives me the space I need. So I thought, can’t I at least be friends with you?? Maybe I can’t be a proper husband to you but I can at least be the person you can rely on, come home to, and be there for you. So JongIn-shi, will you accept me as your friend?” Kyungsoo speaks up with a tiny glint of hope in his eyes and JongIn immediately replies to him with a yes.

After they were done with their breakfast, JongIn proposes to go shopping and buy him new clothes and Kyungsoo accepts his offer. They stop by the hospital to get a thorough check-up of his condition and get some medication. Then they go around a mall, stopping by at different stores and buying all his necessities.

Chanyeol was right, Kyungsoo didn’t like extravagant things, and everything he buys was simple, plain, and pretty, just right for him. By the time they come back, it was late evening. JongIn enters the door password and enters the house, followed by Kyungsoo. Once they get in, they hear noises from the kitchen and Kyungsoo immediately hides behind the alpha, slightly grabbing his shirt. JongIn puts a protective hand to the side as they both take cautious step into the house and toward to kitchen only to find Jimin and a tiny boy sitting on the top of the kitchen counter and a bottle of Nutella.

“YA!! What are you doing in my house??”

"Hyung, Hyeongsu, you guys are back!!” Jimin jumps off the counter and helps the boy beside him to the floor.

“How the hell did you guys get in??”

“Oh...I got the password from Jun Hyung.” Jimin winks, giving him a V sign, and JongIn groans.

He looks down when the tiny boy pulls his pants, making JongIn lift him into his arms.

“So what are you doing here with this brat, you little man?”

“Oh, Junmyun hyung and Yixing hyung were going on a date so they asked me to babysit him for this weekend. And since he didn’t meet his new uncle yet, I thought we would spend our time here instead.” Jimin replies instead of the tiny boy in JongIn’s arms.

The older brother of two sighs, rolling his eyes.

“So where did they go this time??”

“Japan, maybe Osaka. They are going to some hot springs I guess.”

“How long??”

“Oh, just one day, they will be back by tomo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter