Chapter 17

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

It’s been a while since the Kim family reunion and Kyungsoo had to admit, it is wonderful being part of this family. Taemin had invited him over for some tea and macaroons quite a few times and they have spent a really good amount of time together holed up in the kitchen as Kyungsoo taught him the art of baking. And his mother-in-law didn’t turn out to be as intimidating as he tried to be the first time they met and Kyungsoo soon found himself getting comfortable enough to call him Appa. Minho was a whole different story. When he got married to JongIn, he knew that the alpha’s father was out of the country on some business trip so Kyungsoo was sure he would find a seething K drama Father-in-law the moment he steps into the Kim’s mansion. But when he met Minho, things didn’t go the way he thought they would. Kyungsoo had given his father-in-law a 90⁰ bow and gone rigid in his spot when he took a look at the older alpha’s expression. Minho had an incomprehensible look as if he is analyzing him, with a furrow marrying his brows and his hand holding his chin. He calmly encircled Kyungsoo and came to a halt right in front of him and the younger had tried his best not to move a single muscle, all the while holding his breath. But the fake tension in the air melted away the moment Minho let out a chuckle.

“Stop looking so tensed. I am not going to bite. Guess everyone in this family have to be a K drama addict.” He said with a smile, followed by his oldest and youngest denying it in the background. Minho was easy to impress, Taemin at least had to be swoon by macaroons but Minho needed none of that. He was just all giddy and happy to have a son-in-law from his son who he had least expected to give him a son-in-law, so he was all on cloud nine. He instantly told Kyungsoo to call him abeoji and now every time Kyungsoo visited the family house, his father-in-law would always ruffle his hair, calling him a son and hugging him and Kyungsoo was glad he became part of this family.

Kyungsoo chuckles remembering what Taemin had done the other day. He accidentally dumped in a cup of salt instead of sugar into the royal icing and Minho happened to be the taste tester. The moment he bit into the supposed to be spongy and creamy goodness, he had gone stiff. There was a split second of indecipherable expression on his face which was soon replaced with a phony smile, his eyes splitting with a twitch as he chewed the dessert. It was so obvious that something was wrong even for Kyungsoo, so clearly, his mate who had been with him for quite a few decades instantly caught onto it. When the two took a bite into the cake, they understood the disaster. Taemin acted as if the cake was all fine, and Kyungsoo played along while Minho had gone into a mini panic attack worried that his taste buds had gone crazy.

Kyungsoo remembers how hard he had laughed after that, making him giggle out loud as he chopped some spring onions to top them off on his doenjang-guk.

It was a traditional Korean breakfast that morning since JongIn has been quite busy with his new project, so he needs all the nutrients that he can get. Kyungsoo sets the table along with some rice and Kimchi and then JongIn shows up, mumbling a small good morning and immediately digging into his breakfast. Kyungsoo goes in to grab alpha’s lunchbox and by the time he came back, JongIn was already halfway done.

“Jongin-shi, slow down, you might choke,” Kyungsoo says.

“Mhh-hmm.” JongIn hums, already stuffing a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

Kyungsoo sighs, but doesn’t ask why JongIn was in a hurry. He probably must be really busy, Kyungsoo wonders as he starts having his breakfast.

He was sipping his stew while chewing his rice slowly when JongIn stands up abruptly, done wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter