Chapter 32

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JongIn was walking down the muddy trail, his cast and clutches out of the way after a weeklong of rehabilitation. He looks to his side, giving the shorter omega a sweet smile as their interlaced hands swing between them. Kyungsoo moves closer, letting go of his hands and hugging JongIn by his arm, leaning onto his bicep as they slowly continue to walk down the path. They walk along the massive trees of the cemetery, finally coming to a halt in front of a marble tombstone with their dearest Chanyeol’s picture on it.

PARK CHANYEOL

1992-2021

A MAN OF GRACE AND BENEVOLENCE

WE WILL CHERISH YOU AND REMEMBER YOU

ALWAYS

It was Chanyeol’s one-year death anniversary. The memorial service was held at a church nearby, all his friends and family making sure to attend. But to no one’s surprise, Mrs. Park didn’t make it, and nor did Chanyeol’s sister. It was only grandparents Park who attends the memorial on behalf of Chanyeol’s family. JongIn got discharged that very day and he made sure he attends his best friend's memorial first thing after he steps out of the hospital. They sit through the prayers, JongIn giving a tiny speech about his beloved best friend, swallowing down the bitterness in his throat. Once the memorial service gets over, they decide to visit Chanyeol’s grave. They have so much they would like to share with their dear person.

“Hi, Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo speaks up first, placing a bunch of white lilies in front of the tombstone.

 “How have you been? I hope it is all fine up there at the place of the creator. I hope…you are fine.”

Kyungsoo sniffles, looking away and JongIn immediately wraps his hand around the omega’s shoulder. 

“I am not going to cry today. I will not. Because I am happy Chanyeol, just like you wanted. I am happy, content and in love, so I don’t want to cry.”

“Chanyeol, we are together now. JongIn and I have sorted out our differences and we are really happy together. Your friend has been extremely sweet to me and you know how much of a sweet tooth I have!” JongIn chuckles by his side and Kyungsoo laughs.

“We will always love you Chanyeol. I will always love you. But now, I love JongIn and I want to keep on loving him for the rest of my life. And thank you, thank you so much for bringing us into each other’s lives and making us realize that even without you here, we can be alright. We can be fine. We can be happy. So thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for us. Thank you.”

Kyungsoo’s voice quiver at the end of his sentence, tears threatening to fall loose, and JongIn don’t waste anymore time and pulls the omega into a hug, letting him cry into his chest. JongIn looks up at his best friends blinding smile, all teeth and gums in his portrait and JongIn feels that not remembering Chanyeol today or tomorrow is not an option. He is going to keep on remembering Chanyeol’s goofy smile and caring demeanor and miss him like crazy every single day of his life.

***

JongIn was staring out of his balcony, his legs crossed and his frame leaning onto the sliding door when Kyungsoo walks up to the alpha. JongIn automatically wraps his arms around the omega’s slender waist.

“What are you staring at?”

“Nothing. It’s been a while since I came back to my old room” JongIn muses, glancing back at his childhood bedroom at the Kim’s mansion, remembering all those million memories’ tied with it.

“You were staying in this room while I was in the hospital weren’t you?”

“Of course, I will, this is my husband’s room after all.” JongIn's heart swells with joy every time Kyungsoo calls him husband. He should get him to do it more.

“Ah, is it fine for me to hold you like this?” JongIn suddenly raises a brow and Kyungsoo giggles.

“And yet you are not letting me go.”

“Do you want me to?”

“Do you want to?”

JongIn sniggers, shaking his head.

 “No” he smiles, looking down at the shorter with so much affection when Kyungsoo out of nowhere shoots him with an “ I love you”

JongIn hisses in pain, suddenly holding his heart and Kyungsoo worriedly looks up at the alpha.

“What happened? Are you feeling pain?!”

“Of course, I will when you shoot me with that!!”

“What?!”

“That!.. That ‘I love you’ that you just shot me with! My heart can’t take it!”

Kyungsoo smacks him in the chest for worrying him and JongIn just hugs him tighter.  They haven’t spoken about how, why, and when they fell in love with each other. They have their whole life ahead to talk about it, but for now, they are content enough to know that they are very much in love with each other.

“You know, this is like a dream, you here, in my arm, shooting me with your ‘I love you’s”

“I love you”

“Shh..stop.”

“Stop me if you can”

“Oh I know the most effective way to shut you up” JongIn leans down, trying to seal their lips together when the door suddenly opens with a bang.

“Hyung! Hyeongsu! Lunch is ready!....why are you guys standing so far apart? Were you fighting?!”

Jimin questions, looking at them standing almost five feet apart, Kyungsoo’s face suspiciously red. Was he..that angry?

JongIn sighs, simply shaking his head, following his brother, Kyungsoo slowly tailing behind him.

No matter how much Kyungsoo loves to be in JongIn’s embrace, he always shies away the moment someone pops up to interrupt their moment. And it had been happening every damn time since their confession. When he was stuck in the hospital, it was inevitable. Every other minute, someone comes by to check on him. Though he appreciates the love and care they have for him, they simply keep on interrupting their sweet moments!! As if that wasn’t enough, Taemin insisted that JongIn move in into the family house for a while, JongIn is still recovering and he just can’t let his son be alone!! Now, JongIn loves his mother’s overflowing love for him but appa!! Give us some space!!

He had been staying in his family's house for two days now and he couldn’t even get a chance to kiss Kyungsoo again after their confession kiss and it is driving him insane!! And it isn’t just his mom anymore, his brothers, cousins, aunts, and uncles, everyone thought his recovery is an event to celebrate and flocked their house and officially became members of JongIn’s blocking community. And it’s killing him. Really killing him.

Even at night, his nephew would slither into their bed, calming he loved Kyungie uncles’ stories so he will be sleeping with them. Oh, how adorable of his nephew but that makes even the tiny human being a member of that community and JongIn...JongIn just wants a break goddamnit. Is it too much to ask?

Having lunch with his entire family filling their massive royal dining is always lovely. He absolutely enjoys spending time with his family, laughing, chatting, and bickering, but that’s not what’s JongIn is in the mood for. Once their heartening lunch comes to an end, JongIn drags Kyungsoo away, suggesting they catch up with their favorite soap opera. JongIn deliberately drags him to a farther corner of the mansion, not wanting, any, anyone to interrupt them. Kyungsoo switches on Netflix and puts on the Korean drama they were meant to watch and starts playing the first episode. He moves back, getting comfortable on the fluffy couch when he feels JongIn laying his head on his lap and he simply runs his fingers through the alpha’s luscious locks.  Two hours into it and towards the end of the second episode, the scene turns intense, the main lead couple making out of nowhere. Which drama has a kiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter